Any fun FPS games that you've played

There's a new FPS that came out a day or so ago called 'Dreamkiller.' It's from the same folks that did 'Painkiller' and its follow-up. I haven't played it yet, so I have no idea if it's any good, but the gameplay video looks intriguing.

http://www.dreamkillergame.com/validate-age/

Regarding t-shirts, I have a threadbare EPYX 'Temple of Apshai' t-shirt that I ordered about 25 years ago. It goes without saying, I'm the boss of the geeks.

Last edited:
Late post, but have you tried Team Fortress 2?

I've been playing a bit on there, and having a blast. It's a good change up from CoD: UO, which is the one I play most.

Then of course, you can download ZDoom, and hit doomworld.com up for a few (thousand) maps to play in. Never played online though. You'll need the Doom or Doom II IWADs, but ID still sells them online.

I played a game called Darkest of Days a few times. It wasn't the greatest game, but it was a pretty fun game to play through once. Just one of those games that's not horrible, yet not great but worth playing for a little bit.

Been awhile since I popped in here, but I gotta add Borderlands to this thread. That game is too fun. A little difficult when you're playing single-player, but not so difficult that it is unbeatable.

I'm very surprised by this game. I bought both DA and Borderlands at the same time and figured I would be playing DA a lot more. Turns out I didn't even touch Dragon Age yesterday because Borderlands sucked up all my free time. It defiantly is a mix of diablo and action shooters. Lots of fun to be had though it really is just a shooter. No plot whatsoever. The rpg skills are lacking, but the ones they do have are interesting enough to keep me wanting to get just one more level. Plus all the reviews about it having the dumbest AI are true. Though the quantity of baddies make up for that.

Overall, a rather surprisingly fun little action game. Heavy on the action low on the brains.

Back
Top Bottom