Dishonored - Gameplay Trailer

Victorian steampunk? Check. Harvesting whale oil to power society's budding technology? Check. Beautiful grand halls with stained-glass ceilings? Check. That's all well and good, but do you have the liberal use of crazy stilts? Why, yes, sir, we do. Sold!

Still love the atmosphere and art design. Gameplay appears to me like a mix of Bioshock, Dark Messiah, and a bit of thief - looks good so far, but little can really be judged from the trailer.
The liberal use of blood and throat slitting is less up my alley. Still on the fence because of that.

looks cool I have really high hopes for this game. Art style is awesome and yeah definately reminds me of Bioshock too. The music in this is a bit cringey for me though - like they're trying way too hard!

Is it supposed to take place on a planet with no sun? It was dark, and I suppose gritty, the whole time. I've never wanted to play Jack the Ripper, so I think I'll pass :)

Ehm, I think that was pretty underwhelming - to be honest. You apparently do nothing but stab people in the same way in slow motion - and throw bombs at HL2 walkers.

The contrast music thing is WAY overdone these days, and it doesn't speak well for innovation or original thinking.

The level design looks pretty good, but the engine and visuals look more like 2006 stuff.

I can only hope the gameplay is something like they've been promising, but based on that video - I'd say it's like Bioshock and HL2 had a derivative FPS baby.

Not really my thing.

I was hoping for elaborate stealth mechanics and a "cerebral" approach to a variety of challenges.

Well the latter was at least hinted at existing in that recently linked Sneaky Bastards (?) preview. We'll see.

Needed more actual gameplay and a lot less little girls.
Stabbing people in the face, huh?
The Drunken Sailor cover is neat, but I´ve found it pretty out of place, contrast-y or not, likely because there was no "story" in the trailer, just disconnected stuff.
Hopefully it´s just the trailer that sucks, what I´ve read about the game seemed quite a bit more interesting.

The visuals are definitely "Bioshockish". I like the setting, but I agree they should have shown a little more variety in the trailer. I'm definitely interested but not completely sold...yet.

Setting and atmosphere go a long way for me. Even if the rest of the game sucks, I'll likely be less disappointed with it than most games I get. Though, now that I think about it, I enjoyed the setting of the first Bioshock and still was pretty disappointed in that game. Gameplay in this trailer looks a lot like Bioshock. I'll get it and see for myself. The setting looks too well done not to have a peek.

Last edited:
Looks interesting, more then I thought it would be.

A small real gameplay video out of E3! Unfortunately, you'll have to endure her (the G4TV interviewer).

"It's possible to finish the game without killing anyone"

Interest level +++

Back
Top Bottom