Two Worlds II - Thoughts / First Impressions

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
After playing 2.5 hours I am barely out of the prolog.

+ Nice prolog (very easy) to learn the game mechanics

+ Crafting system like Evils Island -> decompose gear to basic material -> enhance gear with basic materials (limited by your smithing-skill) and magic stones

+ Spell system -> you can build spells by yourself

+ Good quality voice overs (german version)

+ Some jokes and flirting with your female partner in the beginning

+ Very good graphics (some animations during conversation could be better, but who cares)

+ Action combat (Warrior, Stealth-Fighter, Bowman or Mage) easy so far

+ I think: no autoleveling in combat

+ You get skill points for learning by doing and at level ups

+ You get stat points at level ups

+ You can find new skills in skill books / much background in books

+ Teleport system to shorten ways

+ You can play lucky dice & dice poker

… more to come

Keep it coming. You're the only one I know with the game.

Sounds good, as early reviews have also indicated. Thoughts about the quality of the story and quests would especially be appreciated. Thanks for sharing your impressions!

It will be a while until I get to play this, so I appreciate any thoughts on it.

It will be a while until I get to play this

It'll be a loooong time before I play it.

Still waiting for some more patches/mods before starting FO:NV, and I want to do a complete playthrough of the first Two Worlds before I play TW2.

Also planning to play through Divine Divinity and Dragon Knight Saga in the near future, and I'm not sure which series I'm going to play first.

I want to do a complete playthrough of the first Two Worlds before I play TW2.

Don't get me wrong: it is enjoyable, but it is a bit naff even though it has character. Try the demo first ;-)

It's now available on GamersGate (digital download)… dunno if only us EU people can order, you (US) can probably get around that using a proxy though.

I'm a bit tempted to buy.. guess i'll be living off bread scraps and water until the 18:th if i do though ;)

First impressions from Zuxxez forums are positive so far, but i guess people havent had much time to play yet.

It's now available on GamersGate (digital download)… dunno if only us EU people can order, you can probably get around that using a proxy though :p

I'm a bit tempted to buy.. guess i'll be living off bread scraps and water until the 18:th if i do though ;)

Thanks for pointing this out!

I can't afford a new game - but...... BUT..... BUUUUT!!!!!

Don't get me wrong: it is enjoyable, but it is a bit naff even though it has character. Try the demo first ;-)

I've actually played it a bit in the past, but never very far. I found it to be very average. Certainly not great, but not totally horrible either.

I figured that I would enjoy TW2 more if I played TW first, seeing as how it's a continuation of the same character and story.

yeah .uk is cheaper, good tip..

to click or not to click :rolleyes:

ryb4j.jpg

Well, I'm going to forego decent food and "guf" this month ;)

I just bought it!

Keep the info coming guys! I only got interested in the game recently because of some positive previews I read and the good first reviews, but now I'm really excited about it.

Also, what's the deal with the release dates? Every site out there seems to be listing different release dates. Does anyone know when the English 360 version of the game will be released in Europe? My PC can't handle it and I'm sure it's an RPG that plays well on consoles for once.

+ Some choices in the quests and dialog anwers

+ good alchemy system

+ archery with an additional sniper mode (you can learn to shoot multiple arrows)

+ towns are alive, many people have something to say (tips & quests)

+ free world

-> worst critter so far -> giant ant > DO NOT GO IN MELEE COMBAT with them ;)

Last edited:
+ towns are alive, many people have something to say (tips & quests)
+ free world

That's certainly good news. I was a bit afraid that this was the sort of action RPG where towns exist merely as drop-of points for your loot. I'm also glad they kept the free, expansive overworld of the first game.

Back
Top Bottom