Divinity 2 So I ordered Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga...

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
I want the boxed version of DKS so I ordered it a few days ago from GoGamer.com.

The package arrived today! I've really been looking forward to this game. I opened the package and... Lego Harry Potter?

Yep. They sent me Lego Harry Potter. I cried in a fetal position for a few minutes. I might just buy a digital version now...

I laughed out loud when I first read your post (you have to admit it's pretty funny), but now I'm a little nervous.

I ordered DKS from GoGamer last week, and it should be arriving tomorrow or the next day… :anxious:

I had something like that happen before. I ordered Dune 2 from Chips & Bits and they sent me Doom 2 :D

Oh, BEEEEEEP.

Now a 10-year-old holds a case of DKS in his hands ?

I ordered DKS from GoGamer last week, and it should be arriving tomorrow or the next day… :anxious:

A representative from GoGamer contacted me today about my order. They told me that DKS is now 'backordered.' If you look up DKS on GoGamer's website right now, you'll see it says 'out of stock.'

GoGamer is being great about refunding my money, so no biggie.

I want to buy DKS digitally now from Direct2Drive. Can anyone here tell me what Direct2Drive's copy protection is? Is it like steam where I have to be connected to the net each time I play? Or is it more like GoG where I download the game and it's mine?

Thanks for any help.

A representative from GoGamer contacted me today about my order. They told me that DKS is now 'backordered.' If you look up DKS on GoGamer's website right now, you'll see it says 'out of stock'.

Doesn't surprise me that they sold out at that price. Hopefully my copy was sent out before that happened. I'm going to call them tomorrow and check on it.

A representative from GoGamer contacted me today about my order. They told me that DKS is now 'backordered.' If you look up DKS on GoGamer's website right now, you'll see it says 'out of stock.'

GoGamer is being great about refunding my money, so no biggie.

I want to buy DKS digitally now from Direct2Drive. Can anyone here tell me what Direct2Drive's copy protection is? Is it like steam where I have to be connected to the net each time I play? Or is it more like GoG where I download the game and it's mine?

Thanks for any help.

More like GamersGate where you download and then you have to deal with whatever DRM the publisher has in place. In the case of DKS that means online activation.

So they sent you Harry Potter and the Deathly Legos instead?!?

Makes sense.
icon12.gif

Personally I liked LEGO Harry Potter … but yeah, not exactly a fair trade, as I LOVE DKS (haven't finished it to review yet)

I agree... but I already have Lego Harry Potter on the PS3... been playing it with my son since its release... a fun game.

So they sent you Harry Potter and the Deathly Legos instead?!?

They did!

When I got the package out of my mailbox from GoGamer, I was so excited... like a little kid got back in my house, feverishly ripped open the package... and lego harry potter :(

Just got off the phone with GoGamer, and they confirmed that my copy was shipped before they sold out.

I don't remember an order from them ever taking this long to get to me though...

I jokingly told the guy that I better not get a copy of Lego Harry Potter. He laughed pretty hard...

I jokingly told the guy that I better not get a copy of Lego Harry Potter. He laughed pretty hard…

Haha that is awesome.

Well I got an email from GoGamer and they told me they have refunded my order AND that I can keep the Harry Potter disc free. Now that is some customer service... I'll definatley be buying from them in the future, despite this mishap.

Probably because none wants the Harry Potter disc :p

I think this incident was a lot more fun than you'll have playing the actual game :D

More like GamersGate where you download and then you have to deal with whatever DRM the publisher has in place. In the case of DKS that means online activation.
If it's not changed this year, then this is what happens (Or at least what happened with Civ IV complete):
Buy the game,
Download,
Install,
Activation screen comes up,
Input code from Direct2Drive,
Game activates,
Game is now playable!

But you're right in regards to the DRM, but the authentication process is extra. It has to be passed once the game is installed or you can't play it.

Probably because none wants the Harry Potter disc :p

Of course the sad reality is that LEGO Harry Potter likely sold more in its first week than Div2:DKS will sell in its entire lifetime ...

I say sad not because LEGO Harry Potter is bad (it is certainly much better than Arcania or Call of Duty Black Ops or Medal of Honor, for example), but because Divinity 2: DKS is very good and deserves the attention ...

You are of course right TXA… but I think they have a very different target group :p

Edit: Nor right about the game being good, but right about sale figures.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom