Dark Souls - PC Details @ VG247

It's not surprising that you cannot help me (understand what you were talking about) since there was no logical or factual basis for your statements.

Actually, there was. Perhaps you're just too ignorant to see it.

Now please do us both a favor and place me on ignore so we don't waste anymore time here.

I'll buy it. As far as piracy goes - the PC community should reap what they sow. I can't blame the publisher for being wary.

Oh yes we should it's not as if every electronic device out there has piracy. I just love generalizations.:rolleyes:

Well, I loathe consoles and what they stand for. I was slightly interested when I heard of this game and it's difficulty but I will never buy a console-game. If they make a 1:1 conversion they can keep their console-stuff and I keep my money.

Actually, there was. Perhaps you're just too ignorant to see it.

Now please do us both a favor and place me on ignore so we don't waste anymore time here.

Well if there was a logical or factual basis for what you said, please state what that basis was. The term "ignorant" is not properly used to describe the situation, as here, where one doesn't see something that isn't there (that would be the missing logical and factual basis for your statements btw).

Regards.

__

Well since I never said or implied that "acquiring a gamepad" is a "modification", you once again demonstrate that it is you who does not read (or cannot understand what you do read). But I'll be happy to explain. Gameplay that is specifically adapted for a gamepad controller includes adaptations to allow different parts of the controller pad to send control signals to the game (thereby allowing controlled user interaction). However, PCs do not normally include gamepad controllers. Therefore playing a game adapted for a controller, on a standard pc that has no gamepad controller, requires that gamepad signals must be modified so that they can be sent by a mouse or by a keyboard.

Adding a gamepad controller to a PC that does not have one would qualify as modifying the pc, btw. Since you probably don't understand this either, I'll try to explain it to you, as follows. A standard PC doesn't originally include a gamepad controller. When a gamepad controller is added to the PC. the PC is different than it was before the gamepad controller was added. Therefore the PC was "modified", as compared to its original non-gamepad-controller condition.

Are you actually trying to seem like an idiot now? I'm just curious. As amusing as it is, I'm starting to feel a little embarrassed for you.

Are you actually trying to seem like an idiot now? I'm just curious. As amusing as it is, I'm starting to feel a little embarrassed for you.

Just explaining to you what you said you didn't understand (you do recall asking "what would those difficulties be?", I hope) and also attempting to explain your confusion that you raised with your statement that "acquiring a gamepad is a not a modification (you do recall saying that, don't you?)

Actually at first I was a little embarrassed for you that you didn't understand these simple concepts. But then I decided that since you did ask, I would oblige you with an answer.

Still waiting by the way for you to state the logical and factual basis for your earlier incorrect statements.

__

Last edited:
Actually adding a gamepad to your PC is considered a modification. You should be careful with that since some PC manufacturers won't cover damages caused by modifications to your PC and if you add a gamepad to your PC and it shorts out something they may not cover it in your warranty. I have run into similar situations while repairing computers over the years.

Just explaining to you what you said you didn't understand (you do recall asking "what would those difficulties be?", I hope) and also attempting to explain your confusion that you raised with your statement that "acquiring a gamepad is a not a modification (you do recall saying that, don't you?)

Yes, I recall that, and I'm still waiting for you to explain what exactly you meant by "difficulties". All you did was write a two-paragraph nerdstorm about translating gamepad signals to keyboard & mouse. I'm sorry, but I don't consider something as simple as acquiring a gamepad to be "difficult". Perhaps there was something else you were referring to?

Still waiting by the way for you to state the logical and factual basis for your earlier incorrect statements.

*Edit* Alright bro, let's just agree to disagree. I'm in a foul mood because my hockey team lost tonight, and I'm a little crankier than usual.

Last edited:
Oh yes we should it's not as if every electronic device out there has piracy. I just love generalizations.:rolleyes:
At the level of PC piracy? Skyrim has 1000's of seeders for months. It's a joke. Publishers would be crazy to invest in a non-cross platform release without securing some other form of revenue such as DLC or monthly charges, or stay under the piracy radar with low budget releases. Dark Souls will get a minimum investment as a consequence. PC's are where they are because publishers will flock to more secure platforms. Pretty obvious conclusion. Dark Souls even with DRM will be pirated to shit.

*Edit* Alright bro, let's just agree to disagree. I'm in a foul mood because my hockey team lost tonight, and I'm a little crankier than usual.

I was at the beach recently. My son went out onto the beach and came back and said "There are a bunch of people sitting on the beach with their heads down between their knees."

Sounded like they were doing some weird meditation. But it turned out their Basketball team had just lost. Well I know how they felt because mine lost a few nights later.

Sorry for getting into it with you. My heartfelt sympathies on your team.

Although the latter is not good, glad that we're good.

Best regards,
RPGFool

Actually adding a gamepad to your PC is considered a modification. You should be careful with that since some PC manufacturers won't cover damages caused by modifications to your PC and if you add a gamepad to your PC and it shorts out something they may not cover it in your warranty. I have run into similar situations while repairing computers over the years.

What? Adding a gamepad is not different than adding any other external peripherial. You'll just plug it in your usb port and install a driver. Not more of a modification than say adding a printer, an usb modem or memory stick. No sane PC manufacturer will void your warranty for something like that.

I'm in a foul mood because my hockey team lost tonight, and I'm a little crankier than usual.

Hey, just be glad that your team at least made it to the playoffs...my team missed by just a few games, so imagine how cranky I am! ;)

Seriously guys, don't bother with this game anymore. You said that you have tons of other games to play, and I'm pretty sure that is so; no one is forcing you to buy nothing.
All these critiques are simply nonsense: and that's all because of using a gamepad.
Simply incredible. As if Skyrim isn't a console port, with UI e controls specifically designed to play with it, right? Or what about The Witcher 2? Even before its Xbox360 release it was clear that the UI design was intended to play with a console...
I simply don't understand you: not that I have to, of course; I'm starting to think that many of you hate some kind of controller just because... It's a controller. With no particular reason.
Or maybe you're disliking this game just because it's Japanese, although its artwork is similar to Western RPGs.
Honestly, I don't care at all, but I was really tired of reading such nonsense...
Oh, and I don't mention GFWL support, 'cause it's still unsure its support, probably because of the petition.
It's clear that Namco didn't want to release it on PC, so From Software is forced to use the lowest budget possible.
And yes, don't worry, I won't read any more comment regarding this news, so you don't have to say me "if you're tired to read this, just don't read it".

pff, like DRM is gonna "convince" someone to buy. These guys are more deluded then I thought. No DRM, no port improvements, GFWL, they make my choice so easy

sad about those designers though.. they are good people

PS: JDR13 was ignored, he clearly doesn't have the brains to match his aggression.

Nothing is more important than what strangers do in a game you're not a part of :)

However, I think it's the first time I've seen JDR acknowledge that he *MIGHT* have been slightly unfair. That's reason enough to celebrate!

*kisses*

A straight port is a bad port in my opinion. Using GFWL was probably the first clue of a lazy port. The next piece of news that I am expecting is that you need a super computer to run this port because of the bad optimisation, and is only compatible with the Xbox controller!

It is sad that the publisher did not see the strength and significance of the PC platform, and to acknowledge their product. I am also a bit tired of the piracy excuse made by publisher: if the product is good and supported on the long run people will buy it. Publishers and developers look only for the easy route of making money through one-off console sales with almost no after sales support and (free) endoresment, which is expected in the PC platform and hence avoided by the publishers. The Witcher 2 and Legend of Grimrock are just some recent examples of DRM free products that are successful and hope this momentom continues with the Kickstarter indies.

Actually, I kind of appreciate that they are upfront with what they are doing. A lot of times we get a lot of hogwash about how important they consider doing a proper port, and when you install the game... we've all been there, right?
So here we know: if you don't have/don't want to get a controller, and can't live with the graphical limitations of the console version on the PC, don't bother buying.

For me personally, that is actually no reason to not consider the purchase, btw. Of course I'll wait for reviews, I do want a stable game, and I want a game like this to be responsive and as well controlled as the original (with a controller). I still appreciate that they are doing a PC port at all.

I always thought that if you want to do something, you do it right or not do it at all. I will wait for reviews and player's comments after this comes out in August before buying it.

Back
Top Bottom