Drakensang: The River of Time - New Developer Diary

Some informative bits:

60% of the game are sidequests.

The frist third of the game will be more "branched", i.e., different character classes will have different experiences. This includes individual quests. The game becomes less branched later on [sounds a bit like the Gothic formula].

The new Drakensang won't be a long as the first, but it will be "deeper and wider".

Sounds good to me.

So by deeper and wider will there be more/deeper gameplay mechanics also? Game world depth is important but wasn't the gameplay scrutinized in reviews? I read the translated page and didn't see much in there.

So by deeper and wider will there be more/deeper gameplay mechanics also? Game world depth is important but wasn't the gameplay scrutinized in reviews? I read the translated page and didn't see much in there.

There wasn't much to complain about the gameplay. It was only stretched out too far. Too much walking, a level to much in many dungeons. But apart from that it was a very good game. So there's no reason to change fundamental things. Just a bit of finetuning and solving the ca. 10 biggest things the community didn't like.

Back
Top Bottom