Where are the old-timers now ?

Mags mostly writes and reads poetry now. You can read her work at her blog, Verse Escape.

I believe she came to the same conclusion that I did. It's more fun to do something you love than to argue about things that you have no power over. It's a waste of time to argue about the direction of Bioware, dumbing down of RPGs, P&R or any of the other issues that we can only control with a vote with our wallet or with a vote every 2/4 years.

With that in mind she started creating poetry and I started writing about games and teaching myself C++.

Last edited:
Yes, I do basically the same with my fantasy short stories. ;)

It just feels soooo good to write them ! :)

I started a blog, but have been busy this month and haven't written as much as last month. No one here will be interested in it though, since it's mostly more P&R lol... :D

Also, Uriziel was big at the Dot, haven't seen him....

We've run clean out of horses over there, Zaleukos. We've moved on to beating (brain-)dead donkeys, as it were. Much more entertaining.

Neither donkeys nor elephants interest me all that much:p

Yup, I lurk. Y'all are seriously tempting me to get back to cRPG's with all the drooling over The Witcher 2. If you still think it's as good as all that in August, who knows, maybe I'll have something to say about it here. I'd need a new computer though.

As to P&R, what Zaleukos and Skavenhorde said.

I still lurk occasionally—this time I followed a linkback from my blog (thanks for the plug, skav)—but I don't see much point in posting. The reason? Don't do much gaming anymore and got tired of being beaten as a brain dead donkey for not waving the Gadsden Flag.

But who's bitter? ;-)

great thread and glad to hear all are doing well. looking forward to reading some of magerettes poetry, and while were at it are you still posting photography Prime Junta?
my creativity has been lacking as of late though i plan on more outside this summer as i'm a homeowner now. also hiking is something i haven't done in years and the urge has been brewing for some great trips.

Gadsen? does that have something to do with a purchase;)

Now I'm stuck with Jaz, Corwin, pibbur, Ubereil, GG… I think it's a miracle I haven't gone mad yet.

And I only got back about a month ago too… Did anyone notice I was away? :p

What can we say, right is right. And it helps to be stubborn. :)

Yeah, righties never give up, no matter how wrong they are…

Übereil, who notices there's a limit on the ammount of smilies you're allowed to include in a post

I still lurk occasionally—this time I followed a linkback from my blog (thanks for the plug, skav)—but I don't see much point in posting. The reason? Don't do much gaming anymore and got tired of being beaten as a brain dead donkey for not waving the Gadsden Flag.

But who's bitter? ;-)

Guess who's missing you!!!

Pibbur!!!

great thread and glad to hear all are doing well. looking forward to reading some of magerettes poetry, and while were at it are you still posting photography Prime Junta?

Sure. I blog too. On a couple of weeks' hiatus now, but I'm pretty sure something or other will get me riled up enough to fire off another one soon enough.

5700137448_61471d208b_z.jpg

A great picture !!! :)

Im currently on my wargaming phase so I mainly stay at those boards. I need to conquer russia and stop the amis from taking normandy. Havent touched rpgs for months now.

Guess who's missing you!!!

Pibbur!!!

Likewise, my dragon friend. Are you still painting?

And I forgot to give a shout out to all of you I also miss. You know who you are.

Gadsen? does that have something to do with a purchase;)
:p

Well, a lot of people seem to have purchased the flag around here—my next door neighbor flies it on his flagpole with the Jolly Roger right under it. Have to love a rightie with no sense of irony. ;-) When you live amongst relentless, mind-strangling redness, you don't need to go looking for more of it on the internet. Hope you have fun with your summer plans, curious—you're in the perfect place to hike.

Thanks to everyone who's popped by the blog. You're always welcome, if you can stand the whole poetry thing. Not much politics, though I do rant occasionally in verse form. Best wishes to all my old friends here for a wonderful summer and a great life and all that, even the lost and misguided conservatoids.

I'm still here ;)

At the moment I have not so much free time and I'm playing

Morrowind Complete Overhaul
Fallout 3 Wanderers Edition
Avadon
Witcher 2

this costs a lot of time, so I'm mostly lurking at rpgwatch at this moment, only posting here and there ;)

I think 2011 will be a great crpg year (Risen2, Skyrim ... still to come) so there will be some things to discuss.

Last edited:
OMG! Self mutilation is not the answer! ;)

LOL, why does everyone keep saying that? I bought Herbt Schildt's C++ Beginners Guide and it is exactly that, a beginners guide. The book starts off really slowly for someone who has no knowledge of programming (my BASIC experience doesn't count it seems :))

It's not so bad yet and since the book starts me off slowly I'm not feeling overwhelmed by all these new concepts.

In any case, I heard if you knew C++ then going to C# or Java was a lot easier so I figured might as well know the big daddy to them all and go from there.

Plus, everywhere I go I see if I know C++ I can do bigger and better things like with NWN 2. I bought this book on how to use their tools and found out quickly if I wanted to do the really cool stuff I needed to know C++.

Actually, the only old timer from the Dot days I've heard nothing about is Val. :(

Wrong, old man. :) Pinnen, DzD, Gig, and Lintra.

Back
Top Bottom