Bethesda Softworks - No new Elder Scrolls game announcements for a very long time

Thank you for the info, henriquejr ... or should I not ... I want a new Elder Scrolls game ;)

Going by their past games, there wont be any announcement until 2019-2020 and the game will release less than 6 months from said announcement.

MMOs draw a lot of resource power, I think.
Plus, if it runs well, it's profitable for a vcery long time (look at the current SWTOR interview for this).

Reading the comments on that article, I noticed a lot of people asking for Skyrim remastered. I don't get it. Vanilla Skyrim is, all bugs aside, far from unplayable. And they all want better graphics only. Vanilla is still relatively good looking. If any TES game deserves a remastered edition, it's Morrowind and only because of its combat system. Daggerfall (and Arena) would need a complete remake.

Reading the comments on that article, I noticed a lot of people asking for Skyrim remastered. I don't get it.

It's just console peasants who want the game on PS4 and Xbone cuz they have sold or trashed their old gen toys.
They will probably get what they want, too. Bethesda would be crazy to not jump on the remastering bandwagon and almost effortlessly score a few million sales from current gen owners.

Booo.

BTW, Zenimax Online is a different team from the single player dev team that is currently supporting Fallout 4.

I'd say 3 more years or so still.

Thank you for the info, henriquejr … or should I not … I want a new Elder Scrolls game ;)

Me too, HiddenX, me too...

Have no issue with this.

I think they will need that long just to come up with a new storyline arc for a new Elder scrolls game. I think it gets more difficult every time.

At Pete Hines recently said at Quakecon he does not see the need to remake games (check out the Retro games panel recently.. the dude started with Gold Box just like me!)

I dont see the need either. Each of the previous Elder Scrolls games had a theme and a story which was told and then the story moved on to the next Elder SCrolls game. Recreating those experiences would just be a waste of time when you want to creatively make something new

Unfortunate, but what can we do. Personally, I simple don't like MMOs, so ESO doesn't do anything for me. Will have to wait for the next one, but ok, as long as Fallout keeps me entertained this year...

I'd suspect this to be a way to artificially pump up ESO player base. Where else to go if you are desperately craving for a TES fix?

Well I just recently started ESO
and I Like it, what is real strange for me because it is a MMO.
Anyone else here who plays ESO add Gwildorian ;)

Back
Top Bottom