Might & Magic X - Review @ Rock, Paper, Shotgun

When you say failed with a capital F you lose all credibility in my book. That is being over dramatic. I mean no offense by this. I agree there should be a way to escape from mobs but you can at least reload during a fight and not have to wait till the battle is over. That would have been a fail.

Also, to complain about having high lvl mobs in low lvl areas, I do not understand this. The past M&M games had this and I love going back to old areas to get my revenge. I knew those spectres were going to kick my ass but I just had to take a look at them. To complain about something like that then the Might and Magic series is probably not for you.

Might and Magic is known for its sandbox gameplay and you want to turn it into a themepark game. What the hell are you trying to do? Give this old time gamer a heart attack :)

I'm not offended but I do disagree. I never had this sort of complaint with the M&M games (but i did not start playing them till 6 or 7 and I played them some years after they came out - I think around 2003. Vaguely I think I played 6, 7 and 8. Anyway I simply didnt' have this sort of issue with those games - but it has been too long for me to remember why; I also don't recall having these sort of issues with nwn, bg 2, toee, divinity (dd and dks), DAO, aow-sm or wizardry 8. Part of it might be frequency and how narrow the 'correct' path is or perhaps i've changed as I've aged.
-
But I suspect it has to do with the game layout and not my old age as I recently replayed a few of those games in the past year.

When you say failed with a capital F you lose all credibility in my book. That is being over dramatic. I mean no offense by this. I agree there should be a way to escape from mobs but you can at least reload during a fight and not have to wait till the battle is over. That would have been a fail.

Also, to complain about having high lvl mobs in low lvl areas, I do not understand this. The past M&M games had this and I love going back to old areas to get my revenge. I knew those spectres were going to kick my ass but I just had to take a look at them. To complain about something like that then the Might and Magic series is probably not for you.

Might and Magic is known for its sandbox gameplay and you want to turn it into a themepark game. What the hell are you trying to do? Give this old time gamer a heart attack :)

Back
Top Bottom