HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Good article at Softpedia:
Batman's Allies in Arkham Knight Add New Dimension to Story:

Expect more of Robin, Nightwing, Catwoman, and others

Batman: Arkham Knight developer Rocksteady confirms that the game's story gains another interesting dimension by incorporating the Caped Crusader's allies in a bigger way than in previous titles. As such, expect to see interesting things with Robin, Nightwing, Catwoman, and many others.

Batman: Arkham Knight
is set to be the concluding chapter in the action-adventure saga made by Rocksteady Studios, and the studio promises to deliver a lot of brand new things to really emphasize the final chapter of the series.
Batman's allies are more important in Arkham Knight

While the main story sees Batman go up against old and new villains, ranging from Scarecrow to Two-Face, Riddler, or the all-new Arkham Knight, it will also offer bigger roles to the allies of the famous hero. These include powerful characters like Nightwing, Robin, Catwoman, but also crucial ones like Oracle, Commissioner Gordon or Alfred.

Besides really emphasizing the team that backs up the Caped Crusader, the allies also create new interesting developments for the story, probably because they can't deal with the villains in the same way as Batman.
Secondary characters will flesh out Batman's personality

Rocksteady's Dax Ginn explains to Gamespot that Batman's personality will be explored even further thanks to his companions.

"Batman's allies become more important, but his allies aren't as capable as him, and they get drawn into the crossfire that surrounds him because of the decisions he has made about the war he has brought upon himself through his own moral compass. This is a fascinating aspect of Batman's personality that we haven't covered at all in the previous games. It's a much more personal story than we've ever told before," he says.

Batman: Arkham Knight is set to debut on PC, PS4, and Xbox One on June 23, so expect to see a lot of more details appear in the following weeks from Rocksteady and publisher Warner Bros.

Like Jim Trinca said, Batman is not a very appealing character. He's a self-pitying billionaire who straps on a suit of armour at night to go out battering the disadvantaged. :biggrin:

Like Jim Trinca said, Batman is not a very appealing character. He's a self-pitying billionaire who straps on a suit of armour at night to go out battering the disadvantaged. :biggrin:
Haha, this is the description I have not seen yet. But it is sooo true! :D :D

$60 for the game, another $40 to pre-order the DLC, outlet-specific pre-order bonuses, Harley Q as a pre-order bonus... this one has "wait for the GotY edition" written all over it.

He also looks pretty weird and somewhat ridiculous. I hate the IP, but the gameplay may make up for it, as long as they don't make it too frenetic. Not sure i would buy this title at full price, but NVIDIA were giving it away, along with Witcher 3 when I got my GTX 970.

He also looks pretty weird and somewhat ridiculous. I hate the IP, but the gameplay may make up for it, as long as they don't make it too frenetic. Not sure i would buy this title at full price, but NVIDIA were giving it away, along with Witcher 3 when I got my GTX 970.

I also just got a new graphics card and got the game + GTA V, so I guess I'll be testing the new Batman game tomorrow (it's getting amazingly high review scores by the way)

I'm more interested into it's season pass reviews.

I also just got a new graphics card and got the game + GTA V, so I guess I'll be testing the new Batman game tomorrow (it's getting amazingly high review scores by the way)

I quite liked Shadow Of Mordor - which has the same kind of combat mechanics apparently. Also the film "Batman Begins" was ok so maybe a combination of the two could work :).

This reminds me, I think I got the 2nd Batman somewhere for free or something. I played the 1st one and didn't care much for it (I just don't like 3rd person action games). I wish I liked these games, as they seem to be churning them out like every 6 months.

http://www.pcgamer.com/batman-arkham-knight-system-requirements-updated-just-ahead-of-launch/
A funny thing happened on the way to the release of Batman: Arkham Knight: The system requirements were changed. It's not a dramatic overhaul, but if you've got an AMD video card stuffed inside your rig, you'll probably want to give it a look.

http://www.pcgamer.com/batman-arkham-knights-launch-appears-to-be-a-disaster/
We didn't get review code for Batman: Arkham Knight, and now we might know why. With today's release of the Rocksteady sequel, Steam has been flooded with negative reviews regarding the PC port's quality. It is, by all reports, not good.

Chief complaints include stuttering frame-rates and a 30 frames-per-second cap. This latter restriction can be removed by editing a config file. To do that, open your Arkham Knight install directory, and navigate to, "\BmGame\Config\BmSystemSettings.ini”.

In the config file, search for "Max_FPS=30", and change it to "Max_FPS=9999".

In addition, it sounds like even high-end graphics cards are struggling to maintain a stable frame-rate, despite new drivers from both Nvidia and AMD.

As for other potential fixes and tweaks, people who have installed the game to SSD's are apparently getting better performance. And, for those fed up of the long, unskippable opening splash screens, adding "–nologo" to "Set Launch Options" in the Steam Library properties menu will get rid of them.

For all I know, this game was not developed by Ubisoft. Currently 2/3 of user reviews are negative.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/208650/
So what the hell is happening?

So what the hell is happening?

Bad PC port, are you that surprised? I'm not, the two previous games were not that stellar PC port either, although they had ok performance.

Looks like the batmobile is a love or hate it thing as well. Reminds me of how the Mako was perceived in ME1, except that I never saw the Make called "overused". Also, the plot is apparently a re-hash of Batman: Under the Red Hood anime.

Well, I tried it briefly this morning before going to work, and it was pretty smooth with absolutely everything on max. That includes flying around and stuff. Maybe it bogs down later - but I'm usually pretty good at guaging how a game will perform in the longer term.

I had a chance to test the PC version of this. Personally I find it terrible.
Season pass, Day 1 DLC sliced out, Pre-Order outlet locked, and bad port. They will be seeing exactly zero of my dollars.

Back
Top Bottom