My Deus Ex X 4 Playthought ( might contain spoilers )

I managed to climb up the elevator shaft and suprise those kidnappers with two head shots before they could kill the hostage! My reward was some more information from the hostages. Now let's see what is in my brothers room! It is kind of empty, I managed to find a datacube though… hmm there is some secret code, and there is something hidden behind the painting! Bingo, there is a stash of weapons and equipment as well as an email terminal….. hmm it is my brothers email.. appears like he has a secret girlfriend or some such who wrote him a mail!

Interesting.

Last edited:
Now, it's time to checkout the other room which I got the key to from downstairs, looks like the people who occupied it died from heavy drug use, I guess these drugs are probably valuable so I'll bring them a long.

Now it's time to recap what I've found out so far from helping people and collecting info, the goal is a heavily guarded warehouse, and there are several paths to it, either underground or inside, or through the rooftops, the underground path is guarded by robots and traps, and the rooftops has a lot of guards. I'll probably need some hardware to be able to pull this off. As it happens there is some mysterious guy in the sewers selling this stuff. Someone told me the password to get inside his hideout. So that'll be the next step I suppose.

The place was booby trapped.... thankfully I am pretty skilled at disarming such a things. The guy in the basement was far from a nut though, he appeared pretty reasonable... and he had a friend that was in trouble. Apparently there is some kind of secret place down in the sewer systems. He gave me the key and I promised to find his friend.

Now going down the sewers, there are some kind of guys who look like they might work for the police or something, better to not kill them, I am just using my riot prod and tranq. darts, to take them down, after hacking the security system, I found there is some kind of strange laboratory related to ambrosia. I also managed to find the smugglers friend who had apparently been forced to work there.

After freeing him, I can now get a discount on the wares the smuggler has.. neat!

Next up: Time to make a move on the warehouse!

I managed to climb up the elevator shaft and suprise those kidnappers with two head shots before they could kill the hostage!

I was gonna ask if you could play DE1 guns blazing, but that answers my question. :biggrin:

Well, it only half answers my question. Here's the other half.
Every time I read about other people playing Deus Ex, they seem to be all about stealth takedowns (or stealth kills at least). Has anyone ever played Deus Ex going through the front door with rocket launchers and machine guns?

I was gonna ask if you could play DE1 guns blazing, but that answers my question. :biggrin:

Well, it only half answers my question. Here's the other half.
Every time I read about other people playing Deus Ex, they seem to be all about stealth takedowns (or stealth kills at least). Has anyone ever played Deus Ex going through the front door with rocket launchers and machine guns?

You could, but you will die quickly for most of the game as you are not invincible. Stealth is 'encouraged' as a route for exploration and finding ways of avoiding direct encounters.

You could, but you will die quickly for most of the game as you are not invincible. Stealth is 'encouraged' as a route for exploration and finding ways of avoiding direct encounters.

Yeah, I've never played through Deus Ex without trying to be stealth no-kill. Come to think of it, in Planescape I can't imagine using a route other than high INT. And I very rarely go through a CRPG full (or even a little bit) evil.

All these choices I thought I had...

You can play it anyway you want and I really love that about it :)

Now been awhile since I updated. But I did manage to get into that warehouse mostly by using tranq. darts and stealth... but I ran out of darts so the last part I had to do some serious shooting. Once inside the complex I hacked the computer and escaped through a secret door. Great fun. Finally I took the chopter back to base... that driver sure was a bit drunk the way he drove... I'll tell him to stop drink and fly.

Wow, updated are going slow these days. Anyway I am back to base, however it looks like my brother has not been doing what he should, they are all talking about it around the office, I wonder why?!?

Now they are sending me on a mission to find some kind of smuggler which is on a military airport, who has the stolen barrel of Ambrosia. Let's go!

You are just at the airport mission...you won't be done with this game until next year.

I really like the airport mission though, so many ways to go around that map.

Yes, what a great mission that was! Not to mention at the end of the mission, what a decision that was to take! Wow just wow.

I decided to believe my brother, which means that I am not killing that "terrorist" and Agent Navarre runs in and pushes me to kill him. When I don't do as she says... she takes things into her own hands.... and boy is she a tough agent. Luckily I had brought a rocket launcher to deal with those robots earlier in the mission, and a rocket in the head literally put poor agent Navarre into part biogenic and part mechanical junk.

After that I escaped and hopefully none will know what I did, but Gunther is sent in to clean things up and he appears rather suspicious!

Things are kind of chaotic now that I am back in base, everyone is talking about my brother and how he is a traitor, also there is a really creepy guy who showed up from some kind of government organization, that guy killed all the prisoners when he was supposed to interrogate them... no idea why.. he looks to be not too happy about that I was watching him when he did it. It looks like I'll have some mission in Hong Kong next!

I am really slow :)

Ok, here is the next update! Instead of flying me to Hong Kong the pilot informs me we have to go and help my brother who is tripped in the 'ton hotel.

A really interesting twist, which I really enjoyed. Now I have the options to help him, or leave him in the hotel to die.. not much of a choice I guess, of course I have to help him, so I'll not escape through the window but rather assist him in blowing his way out of their. Interestingly I found a kind of "bug", if I help my brother to get out, and after that climb out of the window he'd die anyway. So have to take the main entrance path.

Now it's time to escape through the subway I suppose, probably there is no way I'll get away with this though.

Just as expected Gunther is waiting for me in the subway…. and wow is he a tough guy to beat…. so far I've used up 20 rockets in his head but he is not dead yet…. this game has suddenly turned worse than dark souls? :S

Just as expected Gunther is waiting for me in the subway…. and wow is he a tough guy to beat…. so far I've used up 20 rockets in his head but he is not dead yet…. this game has suddenly turned worse than dark souls? :S

Spoiler time
You are supposed to "die", the twists are only just starting…

Indeed :)

I think it might be a better experience if you didn't have such big breaks in-between sessions.

Well, I kind of got fed-up with the fact that Gunther won't die. I got that far awhile ago, but quit after that. …

Spoiler time
You are supposed to "die", the twists are only just starting…

I wanted to avoid spoliers, but…. I guess that kind of sucks… I wasted so much time on that stupid fight. Bad design decision IMHO.

If you are meant to die, they might as well script it ? or give some indication you can't win, on top of that you can't even run away even if there is a space, there is just invisible walls. The immersion was so good so far, but this....

Last edited:
I wanted to avoid spoliers, but…. I guess that kind of sucks… I wasted so much time on that stupid fight. Bad design decision IMHO.

If you are meant to die, they might as well script it ? or give some indication you can't win, on top of that you can't even run away even if there is a space, there is just invisible walls. The immersion was so good so far, but this….

It is scripted, you can't defeat Gunther. The game let you choose how you die, that is it (anyone death that occur after talking with Paul trigger the next part).

Back
Top Bottom