Gothic 3 The Eternal Wanderer

Wulf

Inquisitor
An incomplete list for reference, please amend or add others as required, there may be typo's and incorrect wordings but it's near enough to understand.

These are some of the tomes/books found on lecterns at various locations in the G3 game, while some will give the player extra ancient knowledge points (ak) some may also give a short orated peice of ancient history which can be interpreted as to what happened of a previous era. If you have the mind for it, you could put the pieces into a sequence towards the solution to the war between the gods and guide the fate of the world by using the power of magic to reverse, redeem, change or return to a level state as you see appropriate.

I read book-1 in Ardea and book-2 in Gotha, but i am not sure if the complete reading sequence is the same for every player? - Later in the game depending on the chosen path there are further orations to be considered. For example, if you chose the path of Innos there would be a book-12 etc' etc'

In the beginning the nomads roamed the land
and the eternal wanderer led the way.

And Innos spoke to the eternal wanderer "lay aside your staff" and in it's stead
Innos gave him a scepter and the eternal wanderer became his servant.

But some among the nomads would not follow Innos and the people of the nomads were divided.
And those who followed Innos erected a great temple and they became the people of Varant
and their scepter became a token of their ruliness.

And Innos spoke to his servants "erect a portal for me so that i might reign
over this world in all eternity" and his servants did what they were bidden.

But when Beliar saw what the servants of Innos were doing he screamed with rage and the demon of instant power heeded his call and arose from the earth
and some other great beings arose as well.

But the time of the great demon had come to an end, for thus was the will of Adanos.
And Adanos called a flood and the demon was washed off the earth.

When the servants of Innos realised what was happening,
he had the five divine artefacts brought into the temple and the people of Varant perished, staff and scepter sank into the water.

And Adanos said to his brothers "nevermore shall you set foot
in my land for it is sacred" and thus shall it heed.

The barbarians lived in Nordmar and Rhobar was one of them, he wandered
through the ice without fire and weapons and the beast was hunting him.

Rhobar hid in a cave but the beast tracked him down, and Rhobar felt behind him
and there he found a sword, he took it and killed the beast with one stroke.

But the sword was surrounded by fire and Innos with it, and Innos said
to Rhobar "descend from the mountains and defeat my enemies"
The Chronicles Of Dominance (monastery)

A caster had ordered to hide the wrathed artifact in the temple and the waters raged at the casting of dawn and the temple sank beneath the surface, and the caster wandered north until he came to a huge mountain range in a ton of ice and he found a clan, and it was the clan of fire.
And Rhobar raged war against the orcs, and the wrath of Innos descended
upon them and Rhobar was victorious.
Once his enemies were defeated, Innos said to him "this is where you shall
establish your kingdom" and Rhobar did as he was bidden.

After the first great war the orcs ruled the kingdom of Myrtana.

A most interesting collection!! Thanks.

as my third book i got

-And Innos gave him a part of his divine power so that he might curb the doings of Beliar. And the power was fire. And he controlled it as he saw fit

1st book ardea
2nd book trelis (where runaway alchemist goes when you return him)
3rd book cape dun (uruk)

Last edited:
This is great stuff - I like reading all of the info in games like these ...

Yes indeed, obviously i had no idea what other players are reading in their book sequence and is why i began this thread suspecting that there could be different readings to fit the players game path.
Punter X's books, and i suppose other players readings also, will confirm there are different readings according to the actual path each player takes through the game......it seems G3 is gaining more 'chosen path' game-play depth as time evolves.
So there must be many more readings that players will never get to read?

I know it's off-topic, but this reminds me of how much I enjoyed reading the books you could find in Morrowind. Some of them had great stories, and reading them was one of the best parts of that game.

not to detract from the excellent job Wulf has already done but i though i'd share the first seven books i've read and tried to note as accurately as possible, most will be the same with a couple of words different (and to be honest mine may not be 100% accurate either)

1 - Ardea- In the beginning the nomads roamed the lands. And the Eternal Wanderer led the way

2 - Trelis alchemist- And Innos spoke to the Eternal Wanderer "Lay aside your staff" and in its stead Innos gave him the scepter. And the Eternal Wanderer became his servant

3 - Cape Dun orc chief- And Innos gave him a part of his divine power so that he might curb the doings of Beliar. And the power was fire. And he controlled it as he saw fit

4 - Silden orc chief- But some among the nomads would not follow Innos, and the people of the nomads were divided. And those who followed Innos erected great temples. And they became the people of Varant and the scepter became the token of their rulership

5 - Geldern orc chief- And Innos spoke to his servants "Erect a portal for me so that i might reign over the world in all eternity". And his servants did as they were bidden

6 - Geldern orc chief- But when Beliar saw what the servants of Innos were doing he screamed with rage and a being of ancient power heeded his call and arose from the earth. And some other beings arose as well

7 - Gotha castle throne room- But the time of the great beings had come to an end, for thus was the will of Adanos. And Adanos called a flood and the beings washed off the earth (could someone check this as the way i wrote this creates some very silly imagery)

i had initially hoped to list all the books i came across but with discovering that Keldron had once again decided to commit suicide by falling through his bed, milten getting lost on his way to the monastry etc i've decided to put G3 back on the bookshelf until a future date

Hello.

I was looking for a transcript too, and someone from another forum posted a link to this thread. And then I realized this is incomplete as well. So, well, can't be lazy anymore. :p I endup up digging into the thousands of data files to locate those monologues directly. There are too many lines to be placed into a forum post. I have them organized and sorted out in a plain text format.

http://gaoneng.googlepages.com/TheEternalWanderer.txt

(I hope this isn't against forum rules.)

It helps to be able to listen to those lines on an external player on repeat mode. :)

Most of what has been posted in the original post is correct, except for the Chronicles of Dominance. It's not "a caster," it's "Akascha," one of the ancient heroes of Nordmar. ;)

So, that's it. Later all.

Thanks, hope to see you around in the future!! Welcome to the Watch!! :)

Yes, as Corwin says..thank's gaoneng for the clarification, you've done a really great job in extracting and compiling the data, i only managed to quickly scribble down the words as i heard them while playing G3. That Akascha word (sounds in-game like a_kar_ska) i admit had me stumped as it was a new one to me, of course later in the game i found his grave in Nordmar.
Punter X also had doubts of some other wording and rightly so!....at least this prompted some correction and thats what counts.

I believe that these books not only explain ancient history but also give the player some "storyline direction" because they can be spoken in a varying sequence depending on a players chosen game path.

The Chronicles Of Dominance most certainly does fit into the storyline sequence, it is linked to the Myxir quest to get the last atifact when he explains the contradicting missing piece of the puzzle......"and he went not to the temple"....etc'. :)

Back
Top Bottom