Dishonored 2 - No dumbing down

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Couch spotted this Gameinformer interview with the creative director of Arkane Studios - Harvey Smith. Fortunately he likes challenging games:

Why Harvey Smith Refuses To 'Dumb Down' Dishonored 2

It's a nebulous genre, but Arkane Studios and Dishonored 2's creative director Harvey Smith have an undying passion for "immersive first-person" games. With our June cover story detailing Dishonored 2, we break down what's exciting about the sequel's gameplay, and while visiting the studio we spoke to Smith about the game's place within the evolving genre.

[...]

Video interview:

More information.

I loved the first part of Dishonored. But it wasn't really all that hard or complicated. I suppose I should be happy they don't dumb it down, though.

Nope. I managed to finish it, so for a 1st-person action game it couldn't have been that hard. I don't finish that many games, so it must've been good, too. Atmosphere and style are what made Dishonored good.

I don't want Thief. I've played Thief and finished Thief. The reboot.
I want Dishonored 2 and seems I'm getting it.

Well, Dishonored was pretty easy, honestly, but it seems they're trying to fix some of it's issues, gameplay wise.
Plus that Domino thing seems like a load of fun.
One thing I didn't like, is you could see from a mile away, what would turn up with your "allies".

All I got from this video is that apparently, there is a "Stealth Community". Huh.

All I got from this video is that apparently, there is a "Stealth Community". Huh.

There sure is. There is also "Kill everything that moves in the most gruesome way" one…

New Title: Dishonored 2, No Smarting Up Either....

Back
Top Bottom