Obsidian Entertainment - Working on an Alien RPG for Sega?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
GamingTarget has noticed an Obsidian Entertainment logo on a Sega teaser page for an upcoming Alien (movie franchise) RPG. The logo has since been removed but since we know Obsidian's next project has been signed with Sega...
Sega today announced they will be creating new games based on the Alien series of movies and that the first one will be released in 2009.

Two games (a Role Playing Game and a First Person Shooter) are in the pipeline for unnamed "next-generation systems." While we don't know which systems the titles will appear on, we do know who's going to be doing the development work.

In a slight goof, the copyright information at the bottom of Sega's Alien teaser page features the names Obsidian Entertainment and Gearbox Software. From here we can make a few educated guesses. Obsidian will no doubt be working on the RPG because of their experience with Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II and Neverwinter Nights 2. Meanwhile, Gearbox is best known for the Brothers in Arms series, but they've shown their Sci-Fi FPS metal before with the PC port of Halo and the PS2 port of Half-Life.
More information.

Unfortunately, unless it's for the PC, I'm not really interested!!

Seems like KOTOR success has Obsidian following a trend here-- that is, popular movie = familiar game concept = easy sell = profits.
Oh well, developers have to feed their dogs and babies, too. ;)

Unfortunately, unless it's for the PC, I'm not really interested!!

Obsidian and Sega already announced a publishing agreement some time ago for an unnamed RPG for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. I guess they could have multiple titles in development for Sega, but it seems most likely this is the one from the previous press release.

So, I think this is a multi-platform game including PC.

Ah, good, then I'll pay attention!! :)

Good then you can keep me informed. :D

Back
Top Bottom