Votes: 38 40.4%
  • I Hope It'll Be Good

Votes: 45 47.9%
  • I Definitely Have Doubts

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • It will Utterly Fail

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I prefer games where I can make my own character, to my surprise didn't enjoy W1 or W2 and am more in a mood for strategy games/real life at the moment. Am I pumped up? Hyped? Damn right I am!

Hype aside as I haven't really watched or read much if any of it I expect it to be a great game. Ground breaking who knows? I am sure if you didn't like the The Witcher 1 or 2 you won't like this game either.

The way I see it as they are trying to push what a game can be and who better to try and do this than CD Projekt Red. They have always given a ton of support for their other games even years after there release.

I wish I could be more confident about the combat system being decent this time...
Oh well, at very least every single hands-on so far seems to think the game plays better than TW2 in that sense.

I bought the game already but don't follow the hype machine, so I cannot even answer the question. I hope it's good. I expect a mixed reaction from my side, but hope I will enjoy it.

Edit: As the latter is basically one of the poll options, I just chose it.

I hope it will be good.

However, my expectations for TW2 were absurdly exaggerated and consequently, no matter how good the game actually was, it still left me a bit disappointed .

The combat was less entertaining than I hoped for (not bad, just not as much fun as I had anticipated), character building was also merely satisfactory but not great. Finally, I felt that the story was a great deal less interesting and involving than the one from the predecessor.

So...this time around I'll just be cautiously optimistic but no unneeded hype-o-mania. ;-)

If it's essentially a Skyrim with a better story, no scaling, and less generic dungeons, I'll be a happy camper.

I'm going to bet on it getting docked points for being rough around the edges. In one of the latest videos, the character turned 180, and the entire path in front of him popped in. I can imagine a lot of that sort of thing, and bugs galore.

I really liked Witcher 1, In spite of that very tuff early boss battle with the wolfs. But W2 with its QTEs and to this very day ( even with all their superior updates), no way to escape them (Kayran!!!), just made "me" feel they took a very bad turn in the franchise. I know they promised to have no more QTEs in W3, but I'm wondering what will they put into this sequel to "make the game more fun."

Hence, I hope the game will be good

I really liked Witcher 1, In spite of that very tuff early boss battle with the wolfs. But W2 with its QTEs and to this very day ( even with all their superior updates), no way to escape them (Kayran!!!), just made "me" feel they took a very bad turn in the franchise. I know they promised to have no more QTEs in W3, but I'm wondering what will they put into this sequel to "make the game more fun."

Hence, I hope the game will be good

To be fair, TW2 had very few QTEs overall. Apart from that Kayran fight - it's such a small part of the game that you'd have to be dead set on hating QTEs to make it into a real issue.

That said, I agree it was a stupid decision to include them, but then again - I don't think there's a place for them anywhere in gaming :)

To be fair, TW2 had very few QTEs overall. Apart from that Kayran fight - it's such a small part of the game that you'd have to be dead set on hating QTEs to make it into a real issue.

That said, I agree it was a stupid decision to include them, but then again - I don't think there's a place for them anywhere in gaming :)

Well, the Kayran fight, the fist fighting and then…

the dragon fight at the end, of course.
But I agree with your sentiment, it didn't bother me too much either, as it was kind of limited — at least in the EE, do I remember correctly that I read somewhere they tuned it down in that version?

Fist fighting was incredibly easy - and much less quirky than it was in TW1, though :)

God, I hated that Kayran fight! I only noticed the text and what they wanted me to do after an hour of dying inexplicably half way through the encounter.

I went with "hope it will be good" but I am in a different boat than the rest of you. I prefer games where I can make my own character - that is my true passion and why I love Morrowind and Skyrim so much. I am more than willing to give up some depth in exchange for that. Even DAO was flexible in that regard (or Pillars for that matter).

Games like Mass Effect and Witcher are games I can only play once and I tend to treat it more like I watching a movie. I like Shep so I was able to enjoy seeing what HE did in the game (versus what I did in the game even if I am behind the wheel).

Never got into W1 or W2 for various reasons but I think W3's open world for exploration, the lush graphics (I love graphics although good game play can overcome a lack of graphics if needed), and level of immersion will make-up for the fact that I have to play another "Shep" in a game. On the plus side I read all the Witcher books in english (4 of them) and really connected with Geralt and think he is an awesome character. So that also helps make me interested.

I have already pre-ordered the game through Amazon so I am good to go when it comes out. All the clips and news articles I have seen look great.

Since I already have some lowered expectations, knowing it is a predefined character, I am not too worried about the hype being too much. My own expectations are on the level of "it should be a fun diversion" for a month or two.

I know what you mean. In many ways, what I've seen looks almost like my ideal RPG, but the rigid character and weapons are definitely a drawback for me.

On the flip side, I suppose that having a well-defined character and history makes it much easier to build a compelling narrative.

Well, the Kayran fight, the fist fighting and then…

the dragon fight at the end, of course.
But I agree with your sentiment, it didn't bother me too much either, as it was kind of limited — at least in the EE, do I remember correctly that I read somewhere they tuned it down in that version?

Don't forget the QTEs at the beggining with the dragon, and a fight or two with a guard.

I went with "hope it will be good" but I am in a different boat than the rest of you. I prefer games where I can make my own character - that is my true passion and why I love Morrowind and Skyrim so much. I am more than willing to give up some depth in exchange for that. Even DAO was flexible in that regard (or Pillars for that matter).

Games like Mass Effect and Witcher are games I can only play once and I tend to treat it more like I watching a movie. I like Shep so I was able to enjoy seeing what HE did in the game (versus what I did in the game even if I am behind the wheel).

Like you I also like games where I can make my own character but only for the reason it is fun to play around with them and build them. I don't see where they give many games the replayability other than using another character to play the game with.

I found the with the witcher 2 the choices you made really did make a difference in how the game played out. Which when I played it the second time I saw parts of the game I never saw before when I made other choices.

This is what I find really sets it apart from games where it seems like the choice you made makes a difference when it really doesn't.

This time it would seem even the small choices you make could make a big impact later on in the game. I am only guessing but if you take the trailer they released last year called killing monsters. You have the choice there to just take your pay or help the girl hanging in the tree.

This could play out latter in the game that girl was the daughter of someone important and because you didn't save her X doesn't happen. Or because you did save her but let one of those men live he comes back later in the game to do something worst.

This is some of the things I expect are going to happen in this game even more so then in the second game.

I do enjoy CC in a game so looking forward to that and hope you are right on W3.

I like making my own character because I get very into them not because I want to make many of them. I have 2200 hours in Skyrim and still only have 3 main characters. I really like to sink into a game and to do that I have to really connect to the character I am playing - which means they have to feel like MY character, not the developers.

By replayability I generally mean twice or three times. The only game I played more than three times or more would be Skyrim, DAO, and the BG games I think. BG wins with like 5 characters (or 5 replays).

Nice thing about a modded game like Skyrim is it has an influx of new content from mods. Heck there is still plenty of vanilla content I have yet to do (have owned Dragonborn DLC since it came out and still haven't had time to get to it yet ... been saving it for the right time ... which is soon approaching I think with my character Grim).

Course I suspect I will break for Witcher 3 (just like I did for DAI and Pillars).

Joxer thinks the game will be fantastic, I think I will buy new rig just to play this game and savor every moment and yet 5 people voted that the game will utterly fail while 20 aren't optimistic.... I watched the video by AngryJoe and he's quite optimistic and awaits the game eagerly (he played a recent pre-release build). The hype is huge, gamers' hopes and expectations are very high.
I wasn't hyped for Witcher 1 back in the day, but after finishing Witcher 1 Extended Edition I was very happy that I bought this game and enjoyed it a lot. With Witcher 2 I was quite hyped, but still haven't finished it - I waited for Extended Edition and then the combat was difficult for me (I suck at action games), but after recently applying official mod called W2 Total Rebalance mod I can play the game and enjoy the story, cinematics and the universe.
Even if the game would have some issues at the very release I'm sure that Extended Edition would be worth waiting and playing.

I realized the thing about Witcher 3 that I am most hyped about is that after the release we might get more info on Cyberpunk 2077!

Back
Top Bottom