Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - Class Revisions

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Diablo III is about to have its class sets totally revamped in patch 2.4.0.

Diablo III Patch 2.4.0 draws ever closer!

In Patch 2.4.0, in addition to adding over 50 new Legendary powers, we’re focusing on revising nearly every class set in Diablo III! Take a look at the gameplay of some of our most serious overhauls, then whet your appetite for even juicier Legendary updates in our latest blog feature here: http://blizz.ly/240ItemPreview
More information.

More information.

LOL at patch 2.4.0.

?????????

Anyway, Patch 2.4 is looking amazing. Blizzard has completely redeemed themselves from the disaster that was 1.0. Patch 2.4 adds 50 new Legendary affixes, meaning now nearly every single Legendary piece of gear has a truly unique and interested effect on gameplay.

And the new class set rebalances should really make some of the bad sets fun again. And the new zone looks great. And the new set dungeons are yet one more fun thing to do. And the patch is free!!

I know there are naysayers, but Diablo 3 with 2.4 is such a sublime game. If you are a fan of the genre at all, try it! And the console version is so much fun, too. One of the best couch co-op experiences you can have.

Anyway, Patch 2.4 is looking amazing. Blizzard has completely redeemed themselves from the disaster that was 1.0. Patch 2.4 adds 50 new Legendary affixes, meaning now nearly every single Legendary piece of gear has a truly unique and interested effect on gameplay.

I know. After reading about this patch, I sucked it up and ended up reininstalling it again after my rant earlier this year about being locked out of my account by their ridiculous security. I'm guilty as charged. Game has improved so much since they released it.

I tried this with my son and it probably our fault for trying it on normal difficulty but we both got bored at quite at the start of the 4th chapter.

It didn't take long to get there as we pretty much just ran through the game. Not only did we not die neither of us even needed to use a health potion. My son had an ability that would harm enemies when they hit him and was able to stand there against some enemies and they would actually kill themselves by attacking him.

I know it was on normal difficulty but come on.

The game doesn't actually begin until you beat it once and ramp up the difficulty.
Sounds like a cliche I know. Try it!

I tried this with my son and it probably our fault for trying it on normal difficulty but we both got bored at quite at the start of the 4th chapter.

It didn't take long to get there as we pretty much just ran through the game. Not only did we not die neither of us even needed to use a health potion. My son had an ability that would harm enemies when they hit him and was able to stand there against some enemies and they would actually kill themselves by attacking him.

Diablo 3 isn't really about difficulty though.

Let's take an matapher from the Olympics:
Diablo 3 is not the high jump discipline where you fail if you don't manage to reach the set height.
Instead you could compare it with a sprint. Even the slowest guy will make it over the finishing line at some point. But the goal is to be fast and train to become faster.

Diablo 3 not about beating it. It's about improving your character becoming more and more efficient, farming higher difficulties and so on.

The "Challenge" then actually starts with the Patch Expansion to Reaper of Souls, where you basically have a kind of time limit in one "game mode" where you get deeper and deeper. The primary focus is your equipment though.

I play on T9 with my Barb. Try upping the difficulty!

?????????

Anyway, Patch 2.4 is looking amazing. Blizzard has completely redeemed themselves from the disaster that was 1.0. .

Not hard to figure out I am laughing at it needing or requiring that many patches.

Yeah, Normal difficulty should be called "You will never get hurt ever difficulty". But as stated, the real fun is in trying to accomplish the many Seasonal Journey tasks on PC and the Achievements/Trophies on the console version.

Not hard to figure out I am laughing at it needing or requiring that many patches.

Actually, it was quite hard to figure out. Posting LOL at 2.4.0 doesn't even come close to meaning you are laughing at too many patches. A 2.0 branch of software isn't excessive at all. I mean World of Warcraft is at 5.x.x and other software has gone up to 9.x.x and so on.

Just saying Celtic, you may wish to explain what you post because I bet 8/10 of us had no clue what your post meant. Also, why are you laughing at a company that continues to give free support and huge patches years after release? That's worthy of applause, not weird mocking. No offense!

Yeah, Normal difficulty should be called "You will never get hurt ever difficulty". But as stated, the real fun is in trying to accomplish the many Seasonal Journey tasks on PC and the Achievements/Trophies on the console version.

Actually, it was quite hard to figure out. Posting LOL at 2.4.0 doesn't even come close to meaning you are laughing at too many patches. A 2.0 branch of software isn't excessive at all. I mean World of Warcraft is at 5.x.x and other software has gone up to 9.x.x and so on.

Just saying Celtic, you may wish to explain what you post because I bet 8/10 of us had no clue what your post meant. Also, why are you laughing at a company that continues to give free support and huge patches years after release? That's worthy of applause, not weird mocking. No offense!

All good and Merry Christmas.

What, a 4th content patch since the last expansion is something to laugh at? That still doesn't make sense. I'm guessing you don't understand what patch numbers mean and think this means the game has had 24 patches or something. Or you don't know why Blizzard release as many patches as they do for their games - it's primarily to add more stuff rather than fix broken things.

Anyway, D3 is now a very good game. You won't find an ounce of challenge playing the story on normal difficulty, but that isn't what the game is about. Adventure mode is where the fun is, playing at level 70 powering up your character to see how high you can go in Greater Rifts.

Blizzard lost a lot of trust for Diablo 1.0
Some people will never give them another chance. That's their right and it was well deserved.
I gave them another chance when they released Reaper. It was fun for a bit.

Thanks to everyone for the replies, I'm not a big enough Diablo fan to want to play multiple times though. I was just looking for a little co-op hack-n-slash fun with my son. Maybe I'll crank up the difficulty a bit and try and just finish the play through since we're close to the end.

If anyone is interested, D3 is one of the few PS4 games that support "couch co-op" and its great fun!

I didn't have any problem figuring out what he meant.

It's worth pointing out, though, that the 2.x version number just means it's on its first expansion (same scheme as WoW uses).

WoW is an MMORPG that you pay a monthly subscription fee for, so it makes sense it would have a lot of patches and heavy ongoing development. It is a little more unusual when it comes to a game like Diablo.

All good and Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you too! I know sometimes I can be...too harsh on my poor fellow humans. But I hope Santa can see past it and bring me many wonderful gifts anyway even though he isn't
real.

Back
Top Bottom