What is your job?

Gokyabgu

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor
I love CRPGs, but i can not spend much time as i used to. I am working in a bank now and earn enough money to upgrade my rig and buy games, but not enough spare time. When i am in university i did not have enough money to upgrade my rig but had plenty of time to play every RPG throughly and slowly. I bought NWN2 and Gothic 3, but can not play them much. They are now lying in my harddisc waiting for some holiday season. Then, there is a girl friend factor who i plan to marry and usually i spend much of my nonworking time with her. I usually watch her playing PS2 games with my sleepy eyes, because i become too tired at evenings to play any RPG. Because, RPGs need concentrate and dedicating like girl friends ;) I think it is time for me to abandon my broadsword and plate mail. :'( So, what is your job and can you find enough time for games?

Software developer and student. I hardly ever do anything that is not computer related.

Hmmm.... Starting to notice a trend. Software Architect (which just means old software developer!). ;)

Project Manager, with an emphasis towards software related projects. In my spare time there is RPGWatch and a wishlist ;)
This leaves no time to actually play games...

Software developer and student. I hardly ever do anything that is not computer related.

I wouldn't call myself a software developer, but the two other things are spot on - I'm studying computer science.

student lawpracticus, former student IT but quiet because it was too heavy

I'm now semi-retired!! :biggrin: Jealousy is a curse!! :p

Im am jealous Corwin, tired of my corporate prison, yet I have decades before I can escape it.

Besides my head honcho post at the Catnip Connoisseurs of America (which is just a club where I donate my time for free 'nip), I'm am engineer in the fire protection industry.

I am an elementary school librarian, formerly a 2nd grade teacher with about 7 years to early retirement....the benefit of starting work immediately out of college. :)

In my 'spare time', I do this, NWN 2 WarCry and a bit of freelance stuff with IGN. I try to squeeze in games when I can though I always seem to center on one or two a year. This year it's been Titan Quest and NWN 2. I'm looking forward to January or whenever it is that Hellgate: London will come out. After that, I guess it'll be Dragon Age....hopefully before I get too senile to play since they're taking so damn long to get the thing out. o_O

Student in IT and Office Assistant. Hopefully soon will be Web Master.
-I only have time to play games on holidays. Like Now! :)

I'm a military sociologist by trade, but I have worked in many different jobs over the years (parole officer probably being the weirdest). I've been going steady for nearly ten years now, though, working as a PA/sysadmin (another weird combo) for a trading corporation. My (paid) side jobs include selling video games and writing.
I can play video games on Sunday mornings, or when I'm down with a cold (for example).

Protecting America.

DSCN0463.jpg

Of course, my dream job would be a video game designer. But thats true for every gamer, right?

Of course, my dream job would be a video game designer. But thats true for every gamer, right?
Not mine. I've visited different studios and I can tell you it is not as glamorous as it sounds. Long hours, bad payment and a large possibility to be without a job once the game is released.

Not mine. I've visited different studios and I can tell you it is not as glamorous as it sounds. Long hours, bad payment and a large possibility to be without a job once the game is released.

Yes, studios have been permanently closing their doors too ofter recently, very uncertain job.

In general, other software developers have better jobs than most game developers, at least in hours and pay. Of course, it may not be as interesting, but if you do become a game developer instead, you ceratainly do it because of a great desire and incredible motivation.

Back
Top Bottom