Skyrim - 5 things DA should Learn from Skyrim and vice versa

Personally, I loved the faux-Scandi accents in Skyrim.

It seems this is simply the way that the good citizens speak in the land of the Nords. Over time, I've even grown fond of the Ah-nold sounding guard.

Claudia Black is also one of my favorite VO artists, and yes, she did an excellent job in DA:O - but seriously, she can't be in every game. And the performances of the lead voice cast in Skyrim (Plummer, Von Sydow, Saul Tigh, etc.) were every bit as memorable.

One feature of DA:O I did find lacking in Skyrim was story arc quests for followers. This added a very interesting dimension to the gameplay and helped to engage the player in the outcome of the story.

Of course, it's one thing to do this for a small number of followers in a party-based game, where a large part of the content is related to finding the followers and completing their story arcs, and quite another to do this for Skyrim where there are dozens of potential followers and hundreds of different quests.

I hope that over time modders will expand the follower experience with good content and quest mods involving followers. At a minimum it would be great to see followers react to player choices, such as joining particular factions, taking a certain side in the civil war, completing certain daedric quests, etc.

Last edited:
Why do people continue to bring that steaming pile of shit (Dragon Age II) to any comparisons? It fails on every level as a game and no amount of voice acting will help it to be worth a mention.

Also, not a bit of love for Kulich's voice-acting? I adore his deep voice.

Why do people continue to bring that steaming pile of shit (Dragon Age II) to any comparisons? It fails on every level as a game and no amount of voice acting will help it to be worth a mention.

Same reason they continue to bring the steaming pile of shit Skyrim is to comparisons , it too fails on every level as a game and no amount of voice acting will help it to be worth a mention.

Why do people continue to bring that steaming pile of shit to any comparisons?

Do you rather want different kinds of shit compared with one another ?

"This shit is better than the other shit !"

Or :

"My shit is better than your shit !"

Now, let's please stick to video games again.

Back
Top Bottom