Space Siege

Gallifrey

Keeper Of Traken
Now this looks interesting - a new game from Gas Powered Games called Space Siege. Not that they've done anything I've particularly liked, but the premise for this one intrigues me, it sounds a bit System Shock/Deus Ex -ish.
http://www.sega.com/corporate/corporate.php?item=pr_20070706b

Space Siege takes place in the confines of the Armstrong, one of the few remaining colonization ships carrying the last bastions of human civilization after a devastating attack on Earth from an unknown alien race. Players will take the role of Seth Walker, a cybernetics engineer suddenly thrust into a struggle to save humanity from extermination. As the adventure progresses Seth is offered opportunities to sacrifice pieces of his humanity for cybernetic upgrades that will assist him in his mission to preserve the human race. But what price will he pay to save his own humanity? Only the player can decide Seth’s ultimate fate

Incorporating innovative cybernetic augmentations into its storyline, Space Siege explores the dilemmas faced while keeping one’s humanity in the face of adversity. Cybernetic augmentations can be performed on every part of Seth’s body. On the extreme end, players will be able to outfit Seth with cybernetic upgrades that will leave little or none of his original humanity intact. But this choice comes with the risk of alienating Seth from the people he’s trying to save. Players can also insist on preserving Seth’s humanity by not using upgrades, instead forging ahead clearing the Armstrong of its alien invaders with natural human ingenuity and strength.

And it's for the PC.

ugggh, so that's the second RPG sega had up it's sleeve. Sounds like dungeon siege in space to me :lol: (hence the title)

From the description I'm not really seeing the DS In Space correlation. It could very well turn out that way of course and the title does suggest that, but the write-up about the game itself sounds nothing like Dungeon Siege.

Anyone thinking 'Pigs In Space', or is it just my old memories!! :biggrin:

Why on earth would they call it space SIEGE if it has no correlation?

Why on earth would they call it space SIEGE if it has no correlation?

To make people buy it. Sega seem to be in a massive push to get product out there as of late, and if all the people who bought Dungeon Siege latch on to the Space Siege name there's a good chance they may buy this as well.
Now it could very well be a DS In Space game, I'm certainly not discounting that possibility, all I'm saying is from the press release is that it doesn't sound like DS.

GPG are capable of more than Dungeon Siege, and it's not uncommon for a game title to correlate to a previous known, successful title in order to sell copies even though the connection is really name-only.

I suppose we'll see. I wouldn't be surprised if I end up being disappointed and it is DS In Space with cybernetics instead of magic, it happens so often with this genre!

No screens have been released to my knowledge. It's a pre-E3 announcement, so they won't be far away.

I reckon it's a Dungeon Siege in space, although the different paths sounds a little better. We'll see.

And yes, Piiiiiigs iiiiin Spaaaaaaaace!

I will ask in this topic:

Are new features from Legends of Aranna available in original campaign or just in add-on. Same question for Dungeon Siege II.

Thanks

I will ask in this topic:

Are new features from Legends of Aranna available in original campaign or just in add-on. Same question for Dungeon Siege II.

Thanks

Normally, this is just an Add-On.

But I recently saw a package called "Dungeon Siege Deluxe" or so in the shops, which is said to contain everything so far - both main games and all add-ons.

I haven't played it so far because I just don't want to waste my money on such a game (I actually fear it might be as dumb as the first game). I'm waiting until I find it on some flea markets.

Yes, I own Dungeon Siege II Deluxe. It's cheap here, only 15 euros.
You didn't understand my question. I also own Dungeon Siege 1 and I would like to know if I get this features http://www.gaspowered.com/dsloa/content.php?loc=features, after installing Legends of Aranna on disk (I still have to buy this add-on). Basically, do I get this new features in original campaign or are they reserved only for Legends of Aranna campaign?

Thanks.

You get the special features from Aranna in the original if you have both instaled and you start the game up via the Aranna icon, not the normal one. If you start via Dungeon Siege it will be plain, but if you start from Aranna you get the extra features, just select the OC once you've started the game, it should give you a choice at some stage :)

Back
Top Bottom