Fallout 3 - Gone Gold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A faster framerate will not change the actual animation itself of course, but it does have an impact on how our eyes perceive it. Of course it's going to look better if it's smoother, that's why such a big deal is made over framerate to begin with. The same animation looks a hell of a lot better at 60fps, then it does at 20-25.

Which comment about the PC videos are you refering to? The one where I said that I have yet to see any major animation glitches in the PC version? If you disagree with what I was saying then please feel free to post a link that shows otherwise.

i give up ..
like I and others stated earlier, those are official videos designed to show the good bits only.
25fps is fine for showing animation, and 60fps wont make it look "a hell of a lot better", i'm sorry.
did you even see the videos we were talking about earlier?
the same crappy xbox version animations will be just as crappy in the pc version, just a fraction smoother (if you got the rig for it).

Cool! I just got back from vacation and I see that the game went gold. I'm sure the NMA groupies and the codexers will blast everything about it, but what's new huh?

I'm fairly pumped and I'm not really into the post-apoc theme.

i give up ..
like I and others stated earlier, those are official videos designed to show the good bits only. ).

So do I....
Lol....The good bits only? So they changed the animation just for those parts, is that what you're saying? It doesn't work that way...

i give up ..
25fps is fine for showing animation, and 60fps wont make it look "a hell of a lot better", i'm sorry.
did you even see the videos we were talking about earlier?
the same crappy xbox version animations will be just as crappy in the pc version, just a fraction smoother (if you got the rig for it).

God forbid the same game has never looked slightly different on 2 totally different platforms....

So do I....
Lol....The good bits only? So they changed the animation just for those parts, is that what you're saying? It doesn't work that way...

uh, more like they choose bits that looks good and leave out stuff that doesnt. thats what offical trailers are for you know, make people want to play it.

God forbid the same game has never looked slightly different on 2 totally different platforms....

sure happens all the time, its just that they have actually stated the game will look the same on both platforms.. in fact im not even sure i've seen an official pc trailer at all, the ones i've seen has been x360 all of them.
so maybe you could point me in the direction of those pc trailers you were referring too?

sure happens all the time, its just that they have actually stated the game will look the same on both platforms.. in fact im not even sure i've seen an official pc trailer at all, the ones i've seen has been x360 all of them.
so maybe you could point me in the direction of those pc trailers you were referring too?

1st page of this thread, post #16.

1st page of this thread, post #16.

its quite clear that said trailer was recorded on a console. visible not only from the way the player steers, but if you look at the various interface elements that pop up when he does something, youll see that it suggests pressing "A" to take, "X" to do this and so on. and also from the fact that if you select the xbox category on gamespot, the exact same trailer is available.

and well, if you think the animation in that trailer looks 'quite good' i guess we just have different standards..

its quite clear that said trailer was recorded on a console. visible not only from the way the player steers, but if you look at the various interface elements that pop up when he does something, youll see that it suggests pressing "A" to take, "X" to do this and so on. and also from the fact that if you select the xbox category on gamespot, the exact same trailer is available.

Strange for Gamespot to make an error like that, they're normally one of the more reliable gaming sites. That's assuming that it is indeed the Xbox version. Anyways, if that is the Xbox version, then that only makes me even more optimistic, knowing that the PC version will most likely be superior. I still have yet to see any of those glitches that you were refering to, the "ice skating" and such.....

and well, if you think the animation in that trailer looks 'quite good' i guess we just have different standards..

Or different definitions..... "quite good" isn't the same as very good or great in my book, just a modest compliment.

I think most people would agree that the graphics and animations in that video are closer to "quite good" than to "horrible" ;)

Strange for Gamespot to make an error like that, they're normally one of the more reliable gaming sites. That's assuming that it is indeed the Xbox version. Anyways, if that is the Xbox version, then that only makes me even more optimistic, knowing that the PC version will most likely be superior. I still have yet to see any of those glitches that you were refering to, the "ice skating" and such.....

Not to be too explicit about it, but you do realise a number of us have seen videos beyond the officially released ones. And that while officially released ones are prepped to avoid graphical glitches and AI weirdness, watching someone simply play the game does not circumvent such errors.

Not to be too explicit about it, but you do realise a number of us have seen videos beyond the officially released ones. And that while officially released ones are prepped to avoid graphical glitches and AI weirdness, watching someone simply play the game does not circumvent such errors.

Then by all means post some links, I'd be interested in seeing more Fallout 3 vids. I've viewed quite a few on Youtube lately but I haven't seen anything that really differs from the official vids.

its not an error, like i said before, they have stated that the game will be identical on all platforms, why record 3 different trailers?
its kind of common practice these days to use the same trailer if the game is multi platform..
since you didnt see the leaked vids, i guess you'll just have to wait until release to play your 'superior' pc version, and experience the quality of the animations yourself..

its not an error, like i said before, they have stated that the game will be identical on all platforms, why record 3 different trailers?.

The versions are not "identical", the devs were refering to storyline\content when they said that. There will obviously be quite a few differences, such as: screen resolutions, control schemes, framerate, modibility, etc.

since you didnt see the leaked vids, i guess you'll just have to wait until release to play your 'superior' pc version, and experience the quality of the animations yourself.

Since no one seems willing to come up with these mythical videos I keep hearing about.....I guess you're right. :)

Last edited:
Even if I could find the videos (I think Bethesda hunted them all down by now) I wouldn't link to them here because I assume that's against RPGWatch's rules (it's against NMA's).

A lot of my comments are based on watching a live stream (3 different live streams, in fact) for quite a while. You sound like you think people are lying when they say they saw skating or silly AI (no one reacting when you get beat up at your own birthday party, this guy running around screaming, calming down the moment you initiate dialogue and then shouting "help" to run away again) or odd dialogue animations (one BoS paladin kept raising and lowering his shoulders in a spasmodic way). I think that's a bit silly, why would I lie about such simple facts? I think the voice acting was sub-standard and the dialogue writing pretty stiff but that's an opinion, the above tidbits are facts I've seen with my own two eyes.

Do you simply not believe me or what?

The versions are not "identical", the devs were refering to storyline\content when they said that. There will obviously be quite a few differences, such as: screen resolutions, control schemes, framerate, modibility, etc.

..i already mentioned earlier that the ui would be slightly different and i didnt feel the need to repeat myself (wrong obviously).
the fact that you can play the game in higher resolution with better fps on the pc doesnt really change what you actually see on the screen, which will be the same on all platforms.
on the mod front, all that is written in stone is that there wont be any mod-tools available at launch..

mythical videos ..yeah. as brother none stated, several people in the thread have seen them, yet you refuse to believe a word..

I find it perfectly logical that the official videos by Bethesda show exactly what their marketing department wants you to see, which means a technically flawless game and hand-picked excerpts aimed at a certain target audience. A live stream on the other hand shows unfiltered material. It's quite obvious which source is more useful for a potential customer.

Do you simply not believe me or what?

First off, you're overreacting just a bit, nobody accused you of lying.
Second, do you know for a fact that the video you saw was from the final build? Why don't we just wait until the game is actually released to see what the finished product is like? I doubt some imperfect animation is going to have much of an impact on most people's opinion of Fallout 3 anyways. Graphics and animation are not the primary reason people play crpgs.

the fact that you can play the game in higher resolution with better fps on the pc doesnt really change what you actually see on the screen, which will be the same on all platforms.

Hmmm, that looks very similar to what I just said to you in my previous post about "storyline\content", but that still doesn't make the versions indenticle.

mythical videos ..yeah. as brother none stated, several people in the thread have seen them, yet you refuse to believe a word..

Lol, I said I don't think the animations will be "horrible". If you're really that convinced about a game that none of us have played, then simply don't buy it.

Hmmm, that looks very similar to what I just said to you in my previous post about "storyline\content", but that still doesn't make the versions indenticle.

uhh yeah, in fact it was exactly the part below that i was commenting on. you were arguing that my statement that all versions would be practically identical, was wrong. and i was trying to point out that resolution/framerate isnt exactly changes to the actual game.
damn you try really hard to twist every word of what i say, or am i just that unclear that you didnt actually understand what i meant?

Lol, I said I don't think the animations will be "horrible". If you're really that convinced about a game that none of us have played, then simply don't buy it.

you've also spent your posts on 3 pages here trying to talk us into that the animations is 'just fine', all the while ignoring all other users observations. who's the one that is so convinced?

uhh yeah, in fact it was exactly the part below that i was commenting on. you were arguing that my statement that all versions would be practically identical, was wrong. and i was trying to point out that resolution/framerate isnt exactly changes to the actual game.
damn you try really hard to twist every word of what i say, or am i just that unclear that you didnt actually understand what i meant?

Wait a second, so now it's went from identical to "practically" identicle? No need to twist anything you say when you're doing all the twisting. Funny how quick you were to point out how that video must be the Xbox version, guess they can't be that identicle after all.

you've also spent your posts on 3 pages here trying to talk us into that the animations is 'just fine', all the while ignoring all other users observations. who's the one that is so convinced?

:lol: Who is "all" others? You and 1 other person? Nice try though. I've already told you, if you think it's going to be that bad then don't just get it, end of discussion. Some idiots just like to keep a useless debate going.....

Wait a second, so now it's went from identical to "practically" identicle? No need to twist anything you say when you're doing all the twisting. Funny how quick you were to point out how that video must be the Xbox version, guess they can't be that identicle after all.

do you just ignore any previous posts in the thead? do i have to repeat everything i've argued in each post?

:lol: Who is "all" others? You and 1 other person? Nice try though. I've already told you, if you think it's going to be that bad then don't just get it, end of discussion. Some idiots just like to keep a useless debate going.....

again, if you actually bothered with the content of the entire thread you'd seen that your statement is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom