Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not alone in experiencing that issue, and I think it's definitely related to IE. I've had it happen to me in both Win XP and Win 7. Animated gifs will boot me out of a thread and also reset my forum color setting from Light to Dark.

I also recently had that issue with an animated gif.

Could it have something to do with this new fashion of direktx-accelerated browser - display ?

It's time you got rid of that virus called IE then!! :)

Would someone kindly make those animated gifs go away? Every time I try to check the Codex thread, everything goes doink and I get tossed off the Watch. A little selective butchery would be much appreciated.

Did you guys try to disable animations in your IE browser?

edit: Google says the animated gif problem is known at least since 2008.

I've removed the animated gifs from the last two pages.

Many thanks, He Who Makes Us Tremble.

Hey, you spammer ! You use the name of the great, well-known female aventurian pirate called "The Red Hrika" for putting spam into this forum ??? Shame on you !

Done. Removed.

In the Larian forums a .GIF smiley was found to have some scripting behind it, perhaps hackers got it in or so. This case was found by a few German forum users, and it was noticeable seemingly only (?) under Linux.

After the report of this strange incident, Larian did an update of the forums-software.

I still don't quite understand what it was. When I had downloaded this .GIF Smiley file onto my own PC, I had nothing but a tiny .GIF file. But two or three people said thre was PHP scripting embedded in or behind it. And I trust them. Espcially since one of them knows several things about computers (don't remember if he's a professional or not, but he definitively knows how to work with Linux).

The discussion about this tiny .gif file begins here : http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=450649#Post450649
It is in German language, though.

When I edit a post, the buttons are not working anymore.

[EDIT]
Which buttons? They all work for me. - Jaz
[/EDIT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
When I use Opera (always the newest version) on my normal PC, the "edit buttons" don't work anymore : "Save", "Go Advanced", "Cancel" … what was the fourth ?

Here, as I'm writing now with my "gaming PC" using Firefox … 8.0 ? Really ? So fast ? … erm, well the buttons work.

They used to work on *both* PCs.

With Opera (11.60 , by the way), not even the edit screen buttons for

- inserting a link
- change the font size
- making a word bold printed, italics printed
- etc.

don't work anymore.

I really have no idea why this is so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom