Original Sin - Release Day

The person responsible for the sneaking animation/visuals should be tortured and killed.

I have all resolutions, including 2560x1080. However, there are indeed bugs - for instance if you summon your pet and if you have Pet Pal and try to talk to it - CTD :)

The Steam installer is incredibly slow ... :(

KS update comment:
Larian Studios LLC about 1 hour ago

Hey folks, we're expecting the GOG keys to go live tomorrow, sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm so sad now. :(

Just joking. A day of wait is practically nothing compared to almost a week impossible to download Watch Dogs from uPlay.

The game works very well so far (I'm in the first dungeon). Love the music and voices. Interface is ergonomic. GFX run smooth. Cool game. Congrats for Larian for getting it done.

Easter Egg already in the start-pic:
Greg Martin Enterprises is Dark Underlord from the Codex…

… so we are already in the middle of mayhem and chaos … let the game begin :)

Attachments

• DOS.jpg
    DOS.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 116
Ah no GOG yet, too bad. Also, I have the DUO key tier, but I can only select GOG for the first copy, not for the second one (it does say "Choose GOG or Steam" on LarianVault right next to it, but select box only shows steam). Anyone else have this problem?

We all have it. I took that Steam key for the second copy.
Larian will fix it, they've promised on KS comments. So if you don't want the game on Steam, wait a bit.

Ah ok thanks. Read a bit too fast there. Thought it was strange because it did work for the first copy.

I couldn't stand the waiting and made an exception for Larian :D and used the Steam key for the game. :D ( I already had an account - but one that I hadn't used for several years now ... )

Now it seems to be downloading another update ... Ugh !

I haven't received my Steam Key yet (Are you listening Myrthos? ;) ), but I think I'm going to wait until after the first patch at least anyways. I've got a few games lined up in the meantime.

I've yet to get anything from the watch either. I have my keys from larian though. Not that I'll be playing anytime soon.

I haven't received my Steam Key yet (Are you listening Myrthos? ;) ), but I think I'm going to wait until after the first patch at least anyways. I've got a few games lined up in the meantime.

Did you get an Alpha key during December of last year? If so, then that key will also serve as your key for the release version. The game is quite charming, by the way.

Is there a quick way to exit from loot able containers, other than clicking the X?

I know it's a minor issue, but it's sort of annoying clicking vase after empty vase and having to click "close" every dang time.

Did you get an Alpha key during December of last year? If so, then that key will also serve as your key for the release version. The game is quite charming, by the way.

It didn't occur to me to check if my beta version was automatically upgraded. I'll look when I get home tonight.

Hmmm..

I said I didn't need a beta key at the time as I already had one, does that mean I forfeited my full version.

Also I thought I read that we would get the same rewards as if we had pledged in the kickstarter but I could be wrong as my memory sucks.

Is that true or was it just the raffle stuff we were eligible for.

Same here, I replied to Myrthos' email back then telling him to give the key to whoever needed it as well. But I think at the time he said in a post afterward that he had received too many keys and didn't know what to do with them. So I'm guessing even if we didn't "take" them that they are still unused.

I've really been looking forward to this one, but I think I'll wait for my boxed CE and the first patch. I was a big fan of the original DD.

I have the steam beta and figured I let it update and play around a little while I waited on the GOG kerfuffle to play out. But at 3.6 gb it's not going to be done before tomorrow anyway so I'm going to leave it and see if I can start a download off of GOG before going off to work. Same amount of waiting really.

I think…
  • Backers that never selected Steam for the Alpha/Beta can download from GOG now.
  • Backers that have the Steam key can switch to GOG once Larian gets that sorted on the site, promised tomorrow, and should be able to download it.
  • GOG Galaxy will release Aug 31 and…
  • non-backers can buy D:OS when Galaxy releases. http://www.gog.com/forum/general/coming_soon_divinity_original_sin/page1 "EDIT: The expected release date for this title is August 31, sorry for not communicating that properly."
  • Alternatively, non-backers can buy it on GOG tomorrow, but this doesn't seem substantiated - except by the fact waiting a month on a new release title would be crazy stupit. Even if Galaxy isn't ready, people are buying on steam now…
  • GOG D:OS players will be able to play LAN w/o Galaxy, but will have to wait for the release for WAN and all the other anticipated features.
  • The workshop is a separate download and s/b avail to non-steam users.

clever seekers found the GOG gamecard. http://www.gog.com/game/divinity_original_sin

Also we should start calling it GOGalaxy. Just sayn'

Edit: Clever, not cleaver. Wasn't very cleaver of me.

Edit Edit: 100 posts! Woot. Go me!

Hmmm..

I said I didn't need a beta key at the time as I already had one, does that mean I forfeited my full version.

Also I thought I read that we would get the same rewards as if we had pledged in the kickstarter but I could be wrong as my memory sucks.

Is that true or was it just the raffle stuff we were eligible for.

Same here, I replied to Myrthos' email back then telling him to give the key to whoever needed it as well. But I think at the time he said in a post afterward that he had received too many keys and didn't know what to do with them. So I'm guessing even if we didn't "take" them that they are still unused.

I did the same thing, but with the Alpha. On a whim, I tried activating the Alpha key from the old email (I had read somewhere that these keys were good for the final product), and it worked like a charm. I'd recommend that you both do the same, assuming that you still have the keys handy.

The person responsible for the sneaking animation/visuals should be tortured and killed.

C'mon, man. You don't like turning into a rock with legs? I though that it was pretty funny. :)

Back
Top Bottom