Pricewatch!

Majesty and Majesty 2 are on sale at GOG. The second one's a bit dull and poorly balanced, but the first is a classic. I wish someone would revisit the concept, with you playing a Vetinari-like overlord trying to build a working city out of a fantasy mish-mash.

Crusader Kings 2 is actually free to play until Monday on Steam as well as being 75% off.

Majesty 2 can be skipped, but seriously - one cannot have too many backup sources of the original Majesty. For 5 bucks, you cannot go wrong on this classic and unique title at GoG!

this is like the 5th time ive bought it. Bury me with my original Majesty disk ='.'=

Oh. An interesting square enix bundle.

Thief, tomb raider, deus ex hr, etc

Edit. Humble bundle that is

Majesty 2 can be skipped, but seriously - one cannot have too many backup sources of the original Majesty. For 5 bucks, you cannot go wrong on this classic and unique title at GoG!

this is like the 5th time ive bought it. Bury me with my original Majesty disk ='.'=

While I found Majesty 2 to be quite alright, Majesty 1 was so good that I actually made a series of video walkthroughs, showing reliable strategies for all levels. It's one of the staples on my "best games of all times" lists.

I just saw that on Ebay Germany there are a few specimens of the Drakensang 2 "Personal Edition" (PE) for sale. Used, of course.

I might have to install Majesty and have a few rounds of random play, which is something else that the new one lacked.

Starpoint Gemini 2 is half off for the next 37.5hrs

AND they just had a big update.

AND they just released a $5 DLC called Secrets of Aethera with more story, more ships, ghost incursions… wait, ghosts!? They had a bug in the beta testing where a "ghost planet" would keep getting drawn in the background no matter where you went! (Edit: I posted about this and a developer stated that it's not related to the ancient bug. Ah well.)

Last edited:
What do you guys think of sleeping dogs ? If I play another open city game then I'd like it to be non-generic with a good story and atmosphere. Looks this might be a good one but I found some mixed reviews.

Hitman absolution is also in the humble bundle. Never played a hitman game. Is it all stealth and closeup strangling, or also sniping (picking position, adjusting your rifle etc) ?

Sleeping Dogs comes in the same mold as GTA, but it feels very distinct. I really enjoyed the story and the combat. My main complaint is it's just short (took about 15 hours).

There's apparently a give away for a free Steam Enclave key here.

Hitman absolution is also in the humble bundle. Never played a hitman game. Is it all stealth and closeup strangling, or also sniping (picking position, adjusting your rifle etc) ?

I have not played hitman absolution yet, but previous hitman games were such a fun games because it was up to player to decide how to kill his mark. Ofcourse some missions were less non linear than others, but there were always many options available how to kill your target. Ofcourse the target may have been some times so well guarded that sniping for example proved to be quite challenging.

And In some cases stealth was required during the early part of a mission when there was a serious danger of target fleeing, but a general rule is that player decides how to approach a target - be it either stealth or combat or something in between.

-Planting a bomb
-Close combat kills. Strangling a target isn't the only way. Fiber wire or hand to hand attacks are always availabe, but you can get very creative here depending on the mission and whats available. Knives, cleaver, samurai sword, fire axe, baseball bat, hammer, golf club, nail gun…
-Sniping is often a viable option and there are few different sniper rifles available - both silenced and non silenced.
-Poisoning a target leaves no blood trail and it can be done in various ways (needle in the neck, poisoning food/alchol etc)
-Staging up some kind of accident is the cleanest way to accomplish objectives, but it takes some time to figure it out and its often tricky to pull it off.
-Silenced weapons in general
-Going guns blazing (shotguns, unsupressed combat rifles, machine guns, loud pistols etc)

Hitman games also rate your success based on how many kills you make during mission, whether you were seen, whether your cover was blown, how much noise you caused, whether you left evidence behind. The best rating is the silent assasin and it is quite much fun figuring out how to get it. In a way earning the silent assasin rating is like solving a puzzle :)

Last edited:
Thanks, I will go for both then. $15 for three games (+tomb raider) im going to play is OK. And they will add new games to the bundle tomorrow.

Seems to me big publishers only go to humble bundle when in a bad state of affairs, but last I heard square enix was doing better.

The remastered Infinity Engine games are on sale at GOG this week. IWD is still a whopping £10, though.

Yeah, saw that … $15? Um, yeah, no.

I know it's not an obscene amount of money, but it feels too much to pay for a game I basically already own, especially when that's a 25% off price! Maybe when it hits 50% off I'll pick it up.

I know it's not an obscene amount of money, but it feels too much to pay for a game I basically already own, especially when that's a 25% off price! Maybe when it hits 50% off I'll pick it up.

Exactly - I love Icewind Dale, but not to the extent that the EE was an 'insta-buy' for me. And maybe it is sad, but at this point for games I see 25% as a 'pre-order incentive' ... not a 'sale'.

Risen Three is fifty percent off today on Steam.....thoughts on if it is worth it or not? I really enjoyed the first one, second was not as much, so wondering about the third.

That depends on if you're Angry Joe or not.
If not, buy. If yes, don't buy.

If his sounds negative... It isn't really.
Check out his take of the DLC king recently released:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8ziNKCURbQ
Pretty good review, right?

It's just... He hates Risen games because he can't learn how to fight in nonarcadey games. ;)

Back
Top Bottom