D&D: Heroes of Neverwinter - New D&D Facebook Game

Dhruin

SasqWatch
I don't recall seeing this previously...Atari has a new D&D game titled Heroes of Neverwinter for Facebook (yes, that means microtransactions) that is currently in closed beta. You can check out the official page here or the Facebook page here. There's also a preview at Gamers Underground:
In terms of gameplay, HoN is a typical dungeon crawler: light on story, heavy on combat, and with a little bit of exploration thrown in. Built around a central quest hub (the city of Neverwinter), players are able to easily restock between adventures, and can choose from a range of level appropriate adventures.
Combat is quite faithful to D&D, and includes line-of-sight mechanics and a wide range of abilities. Like many adventure RPGs, the player controls a party of adventures either directly, or with the aid of AI. Combat is of course turn-based, and many abilities are limited to once-per encounter, giving fights a tactical edge.

While there is an exploration aspect to the game, it is quite limited. Dungeons will have optional rooms, and on rare occasions these rooms will sometimes require some exploration to find. For the most part though, the game follows a simple pattern: enter room, kill everything, collect loot, choose a direction, and repeat.
More information.

I joined the beta. If you like the page on FB, they open 1000 slots at a time from time to time it seems. It's a turn based tactical 4e thinger, with kinda goofy graphics. I can't pass judgement on it yet- all I played was the tutorial and then something shiny caught my eye. I plan to poke at it more. It looks kinda neat.

there's quite a bit of NWNews. I haven't bundled it up and sent it to you yet (so busy with new job) starting with an announcement its been delayed a year. Late 2012 they are saying now instead of late this year.

Back
Top Bottom