Risen - Interactive Website Launched

magerette

Hedgewitch
Gamebanshee posts a press release from Deep Silver announcing the launch of what is being called an experience website. It features interactive links that walk you through some narrated video sequences where you can navigate some of the terrain in something similar to a tutorial. Here's the link to the site.
And here's some of the press release itself:
Official Risen experience website invites players to enjoy first adventures

...Deep Silver, the games label of Koch Media, a leading producer and distributor of digital entertainment products, and developer Piranha Bytes announced the launch of the first level of the official experience website http://risen.deepsilver.com for Risen. More content will be made available before the release of the game.

Just like Risen, the new RPG from Piranha Bytes, the website offers different approaches for mastering the challenges that players encounter. From the beach, a path leads into a dense tropical forest – what dangers may lurk there, and where is the best direction to turn? By keeping a close eye on their surroundings, players can discover all kinds of secrets here. Wild beasts and odd creatures haunt the twisted paths that lead deep into the interior of the island. Watch out, or you may be in for a nasty surprise!

The already familiar Risen blog, which provides topical news about the development of the game, is also continued and keeps offering fans all kinds of information from the world of Risen.

About Risen:
This epic role playing game is set in a medieval world on a volcanic Mediterranean island, The “Risen” story unfolds over four chapters and will offer multiple ways to develop the story by his own actions and decisions. An innovative and intuitive user control interface will support both casual and hardcore gamers. With full world streaming support, the player will have a seamless experience while playing in a fully simulated game world with authentic characters.

Risen will be released for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft® and Windows PC®. More information about Risen on http://risen.deepsilver.com
More information.

I only got a bit into the first session as it is running a bit slow atm, but I liked it, and the music is excellent.

Neat.

I really liked the narrator, if that´s any indicator of voicing quality, cool.
Similarily, the "inventory" design seemed quite fitting and nonobtrusive.

However, I´ve found a pagebreaking bug!
siren.gif

When I wanted to kick Canis lupus´ ass, everything froze and reload didn´t help!

Anyway, optimism risen :).

Looks interesting, and I don't even like flash sites.

I might have missed this in some interview, is it still too difficult for them to offer a choice of gender and customization to OUR avatar? It's one of the few things RPGers seem to agree on, the more we have input on character creation to more immersed we become in the game.

Looks interesting, and I don't even like flash sites.

I might have missed this in some interview, is it still too difficult for them to offer a choice of gender and customization to OUR avatar? It's one of the few things RPGers seem to agree on, the more we have input on character creation to more immersed we become in the game.

I really could care less about character creation and find it worthless.

Flash sites are rarely done right.

Yep, wolf froze for me too and the loading is beyond SLOW. Still, it hasn't turned me off the game!!

Music is really good. It has that 'gothic' sound to it.

Sorry guys, we've fixed the glitch with the wolf - everything should run smooth now :)

Last edited:
Very nice! Reminds me of the panorama screenshots PB had for Gothic 2 (near Xardas' tower I think).

About the interactive trailer:
The cave with the gnomes seems to be the end no matter what you do. Went back and forth quite a lot (after killing the wolf and picking up the mana thing and the book), and there's no way of beating the cave at this point. Hopefully, more will be added in the future.

I recognize the voice, but I can't place it. I think it might've been various characters in Gothic 2.

Edit: The English version that is.

Thanks doberlec, the wulf er, wolf works o.k now, i suspect the 'reward path' might be the next tasty flash piece. The music, especially the flute highs and drums, is crystal clear, my expectations of Risen are rising! - but generally, as opposed to flash, a downloadable top quality demo can show if the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Agreed! Remember how we used to analyze every single patch of land in the G2 demo over at the Dot? Had to use various sneaky ways to get into Khorinis (the city was empty) and beyond. The world ended around the tavern I believe (on the way to the Monastery), and you would fall off the world if you went into the "blue light".

We knew already then that this game would be amazing. Even the demo had parts of the fantastic atmosphere that G2 had.

Back
Top Bottom