Rebecca Heineman - Dragon Wars 2 Kickstarter?

Competition breeds excellence. Oh, and btw, if Dragon Wars was to, say, mysteriously appear for sale at GoG or Steam for current machines. I guarantee it would produce sales. Starting with me!

Yes, Rebecca, tell Herve to put Dragon Wars on GOG instead of crud like Cyberia.

It's the last game from the famous Ultimate RPG Archives that's not available for sale on modern digital distribution sites.

Ahhh, you never forget your first girl- er, I mean cRPG. Dragon Wars was the very first computer role-playing game I ever played, when it had just come out in 1989. It was on the C64 and it was awesome, instilling a lifelong love of RPGs. Glad to see it might have a proper sequel with the original programmers. Who will write it? I think half the cult success DW1 had was because of the fantastic storytelling. I'd certainly be willing to contribute to the kickstarter. Oh, and Welcome Becky!

My only point of concern is how much appeal such an obscure game will have. I doubt it will have enough to reach goals that are not pretty modest. Nevertheless even though I swore not to patronize any Kickstarter anymore, I will back this one because it really deserves to see the light of day.

What happened to this?

They want to launch the Kickstarter next month.

Honestly, it does seem like they postponed it many times. However right after the Bard's Tale Kickstarter is over might be the best time, to profit from potentially renewed interest in old-school, grid-based blobbers.

There can never be enough of them. It's a genre that needs to make a come back in this sea of Oblivion clones.

Rebecca if you are there please offer multiple digital tier especially ones where we can pay for multiple copies of the game where i can force my friends to play through the game.

Wow, sounds like she is the hardest working programmer in gaming. Much respect.

Well she got a job on Bard's Tale team from Fargo. She is going to make BT1-3 work on modern day computers and add some improvements from BT3 into BT1 and BT2.

Back
Top Bottom