Witcher 3 - Launch Cinematic Trailer

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Today the launch cinematic of The Witcher 3 has been released. Check it out here or below.

More information.

Beautiful!

Anyone have any idea what city that is in the trailer? It could be 'just a city', but maybe Beauclair, the capital of Toussaint?

Looks a bit big for that, but hey, I wouldn't complain :biggrin:.

Not to beat a dead horse, but while I normally find cinematic trailers interesting, in this case it leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth, knowing full well that such visuals are far removed from reality despite early promises.

Another shortstory CGI by Platige, again superb animation, but sadly without ending moral this time.
Or maybe we'll see the epilogue in the game?

Kinda reminds me of Intro from part 1. Still its eons away in technique

Not to beat a dead horse, but while I normally find cinematic trailers interesting, in this case it leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth, knowing full well that such visuals are far removed from reality despite early promises.

What? That's CGI! Who promised CGI quality gameplay graphics?

What? That's CGI! Who promised CGI quality gameplay graphics?

http://gamingbolt.com/the-witcher-3-we-are-aiming-for-cg-quality-in-game-graphics

"Screenshots that we’ve shown are from an old build of the engine that ran using a dated renderer. Much of it is already rewritten and judging from the effects, we are aiming for CG quality of in-game graphics.”

funny how it turned out ;) the old trailers actually looked like CGI, and now, not so much.

They promised us a game that would look even better than in the old trailers, i would say that would be CG quality graphics, and then some :)

Sad thing is that it is not that far in advance of what graphics on a dedicated PC version could deliver with modern hardware.

Unreal 4 Kite demo. Yes it's running a on Titan X, but you get the idea.

"Much of it is already rewritten and judging from the effects, we are aiming for CG quality of in-game graphics.”
Read up about the difference between "aiming" and "achieving" vurt.

"Much of it is already rewritten and judging from the effects, we are aiming for CG quality of in-game graphics.”
Read up about the difference between "aiming" and "achieving" vurt.

Read the rest of my post :) They also said it would look better than in the old trailers, that would clearly be CG graphics..

Holy crap that CGI looked amazing. I've not seen lighting that realistic in a CGI cinematic. Jesus. Anyone know who the studio is that handled it? Looked brilliant. And man, what atmosphere. It actually gave me the creeps.

If anyone wants to download an HD version, you can get it off gamercyde. Be sure to get the torrent version, since you're saving the guy hosting costs.
http://www.gamersyde.com/download_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_a_night_to_remember-34647_en.html

Cool, thanks.

Also, if someone else is interested, here's some footage by a guy who went to some nVidia event in Munich, and he got some 4k (at least that's what he says, so he's either misinformed or it was downscaled to 1080) footage on ultra settings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv0gJ8DpUd0

Great vid. Reminds me on Neptunia on Steam:

A - select
X - meditation
B - perhaps I shouldn't have preordered this console idiocy

I'm just the opposite - usually trailers bore me and I rarely watch them. This one was interesting to watch and sets the mood of the game with me.

While a lot of people are anguishing over the alleged visual downgrade, I think I just might be enjoying myself on this one...

Loved the trailer and as TheMadGamer said above it nocely set the mood for the game. Can't wait for Tuesday and I have booked two days off work :)

Cool, thanks.

Also, if someone else is interested, here's some footage by a guy who went to some nVidia event in Munich, and he got some 4k (at least that's what he says, so he's either misinformed or it was downscaled to 1080) footage on ultra settings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv0gJ8DpUd0

Looked very nice in that video and just so Joxer didn't feel left out YES there is bears.

Oh just buy a controller. You can set it down to smoke or use it one-handed!
Sorry, unlike normal PC controls, I can't use or move that thing with my toes.
Looked very nice in that video and just so Joxer didn't feel left out YES there is bears.
Of unexterminable Montreal kind or?

Gorgeous! That's a freaking awesome trailer. :)
Also loved the little song, hopefully it'll be present in-game.

Back
Top Bottom