Hello .. again. For the second time.

Mercus

Watcher
Here I am again, after well .. what would seem an eternity. After long time I have stumbled upon this place again and I thought I'd say hello again.

I'm not sure if anyone still remember me but I used to hang out on the RPGDot forums under nickname Mercenary for a long time. For the rest that knew me slightly better - I was Ian. I mostly spent my time in various RP Usergroups which were more or less Gothic based and of course I can't forget the quality masterpiece that was the Non-Flamers Guild! (On that note I believe I should still be on certain person's list for wreaking havoc in the barn - but that surely must have been forgotten in the years that came right?)

In any case, I won't make any promises on whether or not I will be back permanently but I promise that I will try to stay around and hopefully it will stick this time.

In regards of other things, life moved on, quite substantially so to speak, beside moving in with my girlfriend in a completely different country than I was born in and starting new course at the university in UK as a result of it, it has been preety good with ups and downs. Hoping to see some old friends and faces here and see what all has transpired in last ... 2 years.

It really does seem like an eternity now .. doesn't it.

Hi Ian, long time no see. :) A few of your friends have been asking about you from time to time. Most of the old crew from the NFG are still around and trust me, Cm NEVER forgets, especially when it has to do with the barn!! Welcome back.

Well like I said, the last two years or so was where the life got quite exciting in preety much every way it could. This combined with other interests and focus preety much distanced me from forum lurking and posting as such but its nice to see people are still around :) I'll keep my eyes peeled and avoid capture by Cm by all means avaliable.

Why return to being a forumite at all if you really had everything going so good in your life? Forums are only a sub-intellectual waste of time, regardless of the quality and intellectual level of a discussion you may have. Latest studies go further in damning the behaviour as well, with several concluded studies, some of them recent, proving anything from negatively altering mental and intellectual development to causing depression and dissatisfaction with life. It's great for building up tolerance for (relatively) alien cultures and attitudes but one's ability to do that's usually predetermined as well, so, you gain so little and lose so much (precious time).

If only I could stop doing this myself. If I didn't think that, with the exception of certain geniuses, suicide is for complete weak losers, I'd have long committed suicide for wasting so much of my time trying to talk to man-apes online.

Well perhaps but I don't think spending some time checking up on old friends and people I used to spend time communicating for an extended amount of time is what I'd call a waste.

Doesn't take particularly long to check what's new on the boards either or in the news. Takes bit longer if I decide to reply to something or write but I'd hardly call it a waste of time.

In the end reasearchers can come to millions of different conclusions and while in the long run they may be right - That's not my problem.

If I get one smile on my face due to nostalgic value or any other reason its enough to cover up for the time I 'wasted'.

I remember the nick Mercenary as i am poster in the Guild forum as well but i post sporadically. Welcome back.

Some old posters moved on while some remain; biggest changes here including the addition of politic and religious sub-forum. Compared to the RPGdot's days, moderation here is more relaxed now, as from time to time you will see religious posters preaching around, plus the increasingly trendy bots posting. Occasionally you'll see some talking controversial issues with flamethrower and throwing grenade, before ended with hilarious result or the other way.

Hello, Ian. Nice to see you here again! :) If you stick around for a while then you'll surely bump into a few familiar faces. Bart, for example, is less active lately, but he tends to show up once in a while.

Mercus said:
moving in with my girlfriend in a completely different country than I was born in and starting new course at the university in UK as a result of it

Life can really surprise you sometimes, eh?

We need to get better guards at the bridge. They'll let anybody in this place... ;)

Welcome back...again...Mercenary.

I'm fairly rubbish at remembering names, but I still recall most Dot posters (though not all I'm afraid), you included. Welcome back. :)

Hey there Merc, o Griller of Molerats :) Nice to see you again

Congrats on the move. Me and my gamer girl just moved in together over Christmas here, got a house together. Probably getting married around summer.

Hi there, long time no see and welcome back. :glomp: Sounds like you made some big changes. Glad you stuck with school. NOW as to the BARN time you owe me. I will give you a few weeks to catch up with old friends, but after that………..:cm: Well you know the drill. :lol:

Hi Ian, welcome back. Like Krzychu said: I'm less active since May 2009. That's mainly because I also moved in with my girlfriend and her child. This means less time online and games. (I still have to finish Risen for example, didn't even reach beyond the 2nd chapter)

I also have an anouncement to make: From April 17th I will no longer be just a man. I'll marry Marjan that day. We will also buy a house later that month or the next. So I will be very busy to get things in order to move to the new house.
I still lurk from time to time during my lunch breaks at work.

BART!!!! How did I miss this bit of news for so long. Congratulations to you both. I wish you all the happiness in the world!! :bigcry: They just keep growing up around here. ;)

:glomp: Big huggs and I expect a few pics when you get the chance.

I've uploaded the pic of our invatation in this post.

Btw, at the moment I'm sick and at home. I just hope I'll be ok in two weeks.

Attachments

• fotoBart&Marjan.jpg
    fotoBart&Marjan.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 27
I hope you recovered. I want to see a few wedding pics somewhere. Does not have to be a lot, but maybe a few? Anyway, I know the big day is close so don't expect you to see this soon. The invitation pic looks nice.....did you cut your hair? I remember longer locks for some reason. We will be thinking of you on the 17th. :hug:

Thanks CM. No, I never had reallly long hair, but sometimes it's like 7cm (around 2.5") because when I get a haircut after more then two months hair seems to have grown a lot. :)
I will be posting some wedding pics. A friend of mine will be taking them so I expect them to be above my quality of taking pictures ;)

Back
Top Bottom