RPGWatch Updates, Bug reports and Feature requests

Yep, they are formating commands which work in news items, but not always in forum posts, which aren't as sophisticated!!

Just to repeat all the previous responses...the forum software isn't understanding some of the international characters being used. Gorath's ---> ' <--- is different (have a look at Jaz' post, the apostrophe is sloped quite aggressively), presumably because of his German keyboard. I'm guessing it happens to me when I quote other sources that include those characters or similar.

Myrthos has programmed fixes in the past for similar issues but it would be a low priority for me because we have quite a list of desired improvements. :)

Just to repeat all the previous responses...the forum software isn't understanding some of the international characters being used. Gorath's ---> ' <--- is different (have a look at Jaz' post, the apostrophe is sloped quite aggressively), presumably because of his German keyboard. I'm guessing it happens to me when I quote other sources that include those characters or similar.

Just to clarify: German keyboards have both actually, the " ' " and the " ´ " . Gorath is just using the "wrong" one ;) ... and -yes- the other issue, i.e. when it happens to you, is indeed probably copying and pasting from sources who also use the "wrong" one.

I´m not using the wrong one. The forum software doesn´t understand the right one. :gorath:

I´m not using the wrong one. The forum software doesn´t understand the right one. :gorath:

Hehe, yes, that's exactly what I meant and why I put wrong in quotes... the "wrong" one in terms of the forums soft ;) .

Down boys, down. Get back to the Gothic forums where you belong!! :biggrin:

I had always assumed selecting the OS language automatically corrected/adjusted the character sheet/style, yet it appears that a difference could crop up with selected web-site/url language also....very interesting.

Thanks to all for the informative replies. :beer:

I'll chime in here since I recently started experiencing this problem. Gorath is correct this is related to forum software, although in my case I've narrowed it down to choice of editor selected.

On a Canadian Logitec cordless keyboard, set to US language as the default, if I set the editor to Wysiwyg I can not use the key which types the Apostrophe/Quote. If I try I end up with a funny looking e with an accent above it (e with a backwards apostrophe). However if I switch to "Standard Editor with extra formatting controls" all my keys work fine.

Ubbax
"Idealism is what precedes experience; cynicism is what follows." - David T. Wolf

Can the default colour scheme be the dark black one and not the white one? Its all ways frustrating to have to manually change it do dark.

Can the default colour scheme be the dark black one and not the white one? Its all ways frustrating to have to manually change it do dark.

Of course, for those of us who prefer light the opposite is true :)

Doesn't it store in your profile so that whenever you login it is set?

It is stored in a cookie. If your browser (or something else) eats cookies when it closes, there is nothing stored anymore and you see the default one upon startup.

It is now possible to view our Games Database. In the 'Games' menu option at the top you will find the 'Database Search' option.

Whatever you changed completely fucked up the main page in my Opera 9. The menu is horizontally out of place, the forum menu rolled down, every element on the page has a line break after every line, etc.

Sensitive browser ;)

Yeah, get something decent like Firefox!! :p :biggrin:

It is now possible to view our Games Database. In the 'Games' menu option at the top you will find the 'Database Search' option.

OMG how awesome is that!!! Good Job!!!

One question though. Will there be also a "search by category" option implemented at a later stage?

Works again, thanks. :)

Hey guys, blame yourself if you don´t know what a comfortable browser looks like! :p

Back
Top Bottom