Gothic 3 Just finished Gothic 3...and Im already missing it..

Glorian

Borislav Slavov
Gothic is not simply a game for me, it is the adventure that I've been experiencing with all my heart for 6 years now. Now that I have just finished third part of the saga I feel happy and a little bit sad... I doubt that there will be another game that will take its place in my adventurous soul..

Cheers to all true Gothic-mates!

And dont forget - All will be well!

Glorian.

German - Alles wird gut!
English - Everything will turn out allright!
Greek - Όλα θα είναι μια χαρά!
Bulgarian - Всичко ще бъде наред!
Romanian - Totul va fi bine!
Dutch - Alles zal goed komen!
Serbian - Sve ce biti dobro!
Arabic -كل الأمور سوف تكون بخير
French - Tout va bien aller!

Last edited:
Welcome Glorian,

Alles wird gut ! (german)

All will be well ! - how is it spelled in your language ?

English is not my mother's language :)

Всичко ще бъде наред! ('All will be well' in Bulgarian)

In Gothic 2 the same remark was "Everything will turn out all right" , remember? ;)

This is a message from PB to all of us ;)

Welcome, and I hope so!! We need games like Gothic, despite its flaws!!

I doubt that there will be another game that will take its place in my adventurous soul..

And how about Gothic 4 or Gothic 3 expansion. I'm pretty sure we will see both. I remember Gorath saying something about relativelly average sales of this game which could mean not huge profit but still decent profit + costs coverage. That's why I believe we could see both...

We'll certainly see a Gothic 3 expansion, maybe even two.
I don't know if they decide to make a Gothic 4. Maybe they want those fans off their backs. After all there's whining when they don't make changes and there's whining when they do.

But if they decide to create another world, we will have lost something! If you make a game with the same atmosphere, it's basically Gothic 4 anyway, but if they change the atmosphere... we just want to keep that!

They could make it the same world, or very close to it, but have a new hero and plot instead. As long as they keep the Gothic flavour the fans should be happy. While I would be happy with more Gothic content, I wouldn't want it to go on forever and see them milk the cash cow dry.

How about something like what Bethesda does with the Elder Scrolls series... a completely different geographical location in the same world with a completely different and self-contained story and characters. Same world, same history, same feel, everything else different. They could even make cute references to old characters and events. Would work for me.

It would work.. eventhough it wont be the same without the namless hero..

I hope they dare the unexpected and let the nameless hero father a child in the expansion set. would be nice to bear the legacy of the own father oneself had played...
so the setting could be the same but only some few npcs of the old days would still exist.

I think KaiRo already said something that after an expansion for Gothic3, they'll work on something different. I think they are quite capable to create a good atmosphere in even a futuristic setting.

I think KaiRo already said something that after an expansion for Gothic3, they'll work on something different.

Well, he and that other guy (Ralf) who are posting a lot to this one thread at the WoG forums are saying a lot of things but they aren't really telling us anything... kinda like politicians :biggrin: . Mike Hoge once mentioned the idea of doing a Gothic prequel. Kai and Ralf mentioned that they wouldn't mind doing something else but that they also still got tons of ideas for the Gothic universe.

I don't think that they have made up their mind yet and probably don't all agree on their future plans either. There are probably people on the PB team from the early days ten years ago when they started working on Gothic I who have Gothic coming out of their ears and who just can't stand working on the same ol' shit anymore :biggrin: . And then there are those who don't mind working on Gothic at all and who actually appreciate the (job/financial) security that the franchise has been giving them so far.
I'm pretty sure that they haven't made any decisions yet. They are focusing on the expansion currently and probably won't be making any decisions about future projects any time too soon.

Personally, I don't see why they shouldn't go on and make more Gothics. It would be pathetic if they are already out of ideas after just three games. I wouldn't mind if this becomes the first major RPG franchise to hit the magic "X" (since M&M and Ultima both ended at no. IX and Wizardry at VIII). Though I'll probably be very old and very grey if/when they ever get there :) .

I don't think I'll last to Gothic X and that's not a pleasant thought!! :)

Hate to say, but now i have to buy those Oblivion addons, while waiting if Gothic saga continues (I to XIV O_O )

Nice!
May be we could start collecting this sentence in all languages? :)

Alles wird gut! (in German)
Everything will turn out allright! (in English)
Όλα θα είναι μια χαρά! ( In Greek)
Всичко ще бъде наред! (in Bulgarian)

Come on guys, write it on your mother's tongue! ;-)

Back
Top Bottom