Pladio you're complaining about Holocaust jokes but that was more of a vague allusion to the Holocaust. I'll give you a Holocaust joke.

Arbeit macht frei - Work shall set you free. The sign above Auschwitz.
Now Auschwitz wasn't so much an extermination camp as it was a work camp. You would work, and work, and work until you couldn't work anymore. Then you're be killed by bullet, knife or gas. Now I would imagine that people in the gas chambers would think back on their time in the camp as the gas began to rise and the children died, thinking of their initial arrival and those gates in front of them.

Arbeit macht frei.

That image bringing home the truth of their situation. They were always going to die here and the Nazis had known of this and yet cared so little that they thought nothing of marking the gates with a joke. As the gas rose I would assume that some would begin to find the joke funny. People react oddly to stress. They would have laughed, a thick, desperate laugh as they came to know that all hope was gone and that were going to die for people who considered their life a comodity and their death a joke.

Arbeit macht frei - Work shall set you free. The finest joke the modern world has ever known.

And if you think it was only in Auschwitz that the Nazis displayed their humanity and humour you should see the sign above Buchenwald - Jedem das Seine - To each what he deserves.

Laugh and grow fat my friend.

Did you register just to write this ?

You looked like you needed a laugh.
I think I made it nicely compelling as well.

If your mother asks you to not make fun of handicapped people you see in the street, do you do so, because you think he might laugh of having lost his legs ?

Probably not, but him being bitter about it won't give him his legs back, or stop others from losing their legs in the future either. It's a pointless burden of censorship that he inflicts on those around him, just like you are doing in this thread. Like I said, everybody would be better off if you'd just lighten up, maybe try to decipher why the joke is funny, and then judge it on its own merits, not on other people's faults.

You looked like you needed a laugh.
I think I made it nicely compelling as well.

Unfortunately, like I said I don't find that so funny.

I find this one funnier :
During World War II, a sergeant stationed at Fort Benning gets a telephone call from a woman. "We would love it," she said, "if you could bring five of your soldiers over to our house for Thanksgiving dinner."
"Certainly, ma'am," replied the sergeant.
"Oh... just make sure they aren't Jews, of course," said the woman.
"Will do," replied the sergeant. So, that Thanksgiving, while the woman is baking, the doorbell rings. She opens her door and, to her horror, five black soldiers are standing in front of her.
"Oh, my!" she exclaimed. "I'm afraid there's been a terrible mistake!"
"No ma'am," said one of the soldiers. "Sergeant Rosenbloom never makes mistakes!"

In case you don't understand: Rosenbloom is a Jewish name and the woman has Nazi ideology, so she dislikes black people too.

I always was interested in gypsy crime

also this is part of what I edited in my last post
: jew guy you should consider joining the codex

so yeah, join us later, if shit goes wrong at least we'll have lulz and you'll earn your tag there

Probably not, but him being bitter about it won't give him his legs back, or stop others from losing their legs in the future either. It's a pointless burden of censorship that he inflicts on those around him, just like you are doing in this thread. Like I said, everybody would be better off if you'd just lighten up, maybe try to decipher why the joke is funny, and then judge it on its own merits, not on other people's faults.

The important point is the bolded part. You'd keep it to yourself, because you know it would hurt the person, right ?

I always was interested in gypsy crime

also this is part of what I edited in my last post
: jew guy you should consider joining the codex

so yeah, join us later, if shit goes wrong at least we'll have lulz and you'll earn your tag there

I think one evening is enough lol :D

EDIT: I did have a Codex account a long time ago when looking for a forum after the Dot died. Then I realized Dot people came here and I moved from there as fast as I could. :p

In case you don't understand: Rosenbloom is a Jewish name and the woman has Nazi ideology, so she dislikes black people too.

I prefer my joke, but that wasn't awful.
Weirdly enough a lot of the Nazi's didn't really hate black people. They weren't mad about them, but they didn't hate them. If you wanted find good old fashioned racism in the 1930/40's you wanted to talk to an American.
When Jesse Owens won a gold medal at the Olympics in Berlin Hitler personally congratulated him and later sent him a signed commemorative photo of the two of them. FDR never got in touch and actively avoided Owens.
That's not to imply the Nazi's wouldn't have happily killed some black people, just that there were a large number of Nazis who just didn't care about them.
So yeah.

The important point is the bolded part. You'd keep it to yourself, because you know it would hurt the person, right ?

I'd argue that the unbolded part is the really important part, but feel free to ignore it. You're not a learning animal anyway. :smug:

What a giant bastard one could take you for, making jokes where the punchline is essentially "she had to eat dinner with DARKIES and that sure showed her!" Alternatively, they could be reasonable, and interpret the joke from within the context you're making it.

Someone above was absolutely correct in calling out the fact that dead people are tangent to the "joke" that started this mess. We are a displaced people in an "oppressive" new home, easily identifiable the second we open our mouths or espouse our beliefs, so why not wear our own little pieces of flair?

(Though it should be a d20)

What a giant bastard one could take you for, making jokes where the punchline is essentially "she had to eat dinner with DARKIES and that sure showed her!" Alternatively, they could be reasonable, and interpret the joke from within the context you're making it.

Yup, they could and if someone actually thought this kind of joke to be offensive to them and actively asked me to remove it and refrain from making such jokes in a polite manner, then I would.

I would first try explaining to them what I meant however. Which is that the woman didn't like Jews nor black people and that it was done to spite her on purpose, because she specifically asked them not to be Jews. If the person still thought it would not be appropriate, I wouldn't mind removing it.

What's the problem with that?

We've had this discussion before already. You can go back a few pages for it. I'm not going to dwell on this again.

If the nazi's knew what the black lifestyle and culture would eventually degrade into, rapping about inane shit, wearing enough jewelry to make a homosexual question his sexuality, and being somewhat responsible for the degenerate mainstream culture today, I think they might have reevaluated their priorities regarding jews.

Disregard that, I'm somewhat drunk and immensely retarded at the moment

Last edited:
I prefer my joke, but that wasn't awful.
Weirdly enough a lot of the Nazi's didn't really hate black people. They weren't mad about them, but they didn't hate them. If you wanted find good old fashioned racism in the 1930/40's you wanted to talk to an American.
When Jesse Owens won a gold medal at the Olympics in Berlin Hitler personally congratulated him and later sent him a signed commemorative photo of the two of them. FDR never got in touch and actively avoided Owens.
That's not to imply the Nazi's wouldn't have happily killed some black people, just that there were a large number of Nazis who just didn't care about them.
So yeah.

I read that Hitler didn't shake his hand like he did to other medal winners...
Am I wrong ?

Wait a second. If the woman had Nazi ideology why would she invite American soldiers to her house? I think you mean she had anti-Semitic ideology, a very different thing.

Then again she might have just been serving pork.
Your joke is awful.

Wait a second. If the woman had Nazi ideology why would she invite American soldiers to her house? I think you mean she had anti-Semitic ideology, a very different thing.

Then again she might have just been serving pork.
Your joke is awful.

Nope, you need to know the ideology is different than just being German...
A joke isn't bad because you do not understand it.

I read that Hitler didn't shake his hand like he did to other medal winners…
Am I wrong ?

Hitler agreed with the Olympic medal committee that he wouldn't deal with any of the winners after the first day. According to Owens Hitler waved him over and there is some word of a photo existing of them together, but I'm not sure of the truth of that.
The photo Hitler sent him was actually a signed cabinet picture of Hitler himself.

Point being it was the Americans who screwed him over for years.

Back
Top Bottom