Skyrim - First "In-Game Look" Coming

Looking forward to it, though it's not really what will set the level of excitement I have for the game. What will get me jazzed is more info on the perks and choices in the game that will define a character, and some dialogue to see if the writing has improved.

The video will be nice to see how pretty it is though. Surprised they didn't wait for E3.

I hope they show some video rather than stills to see how combat is controlled and managed. Not expecting much more than a standard FPS interface, but hoping it will be agile and responsive.

I hope they show some video rather than stills to see how combat is controlled and managed. Not expecting much more than a standard FPS interface, but hoping it will be agile and responsive.

OK...I'll bite...can you show me another first peron rpg that didn't have that?

Looking forward to seeing this game in action. One of the few new rpgs that I have an eye on.

Yes cant wait for the Indie Devs that created the amazing NEHRIM ,to mod Skyrim.

Well, I have to agree, partially, with Thrasher that this kind of no-news hype is aggravating.

Not because it's Bethesda (though it doesn't help), but because telling someone they're going to see something - instead of simply showing them - is annoying. When you then put up a countdown to it - it gets all the more ridiculous.

Sure, I'm curious to see what they're doing with the game - but it's not like we're going to stare at a countdown timer for a little trailer.

A little too commercial and conceited for my tastes - but I understand it's the way of it - and people are obviously salivating at the prospect of this.

Personally, I'd prefer it if they announced stuff just a few months before release - and that should be enough to start the greed/hype train sufficiently.

But I guess the marketing guys prefer it to start much sooner.

I feel the same way when Christmas is splattered all over the place in October.

Ya know?

Well, I have to agree, partially, with Thrasher that this kind of no-news hype is aggravating.

Not because it's Bethesda (though it doesn't help), but because telling someone they're going to see something - instead of simply showing them - is annoying. When you then put up a countdown to it - it gets all the more ridiculous.

Sure, I'm curious to see what they're doing with the game - but it's not like we're going to stare at a countdown timer for a little trailer.

A little too commercial and conceited for my tastes - but I understand it's the way of it - and people are obviously salivating at the prospect of this.

Personally, I'd prefer it if they announced stuff just a few months before release - and that should be enough to start the greed/hype train sufficiently.

But I guess the marketing guys prefer it to start much sooner.

I feel the same way when Christmas is splattered all over the place in October.

Ya know?

I agree. Its hyping over the top. But the TES creators do that best.
However that doenst mean iam looking forward to this game, as long as its not a oblivion.
I have to agree that is its all becoming ""the american way"" too much.

After reading about the new "features" including cut down on skills, attributes, weapons and the introduction of "perks" (wtf is that?) and …dragon shouts i am looking forward to play anything but V

I've only followed Skyrim broadly but the edition of Perks could easily compensate for having 18 skills instead of 21. Until we get the full detail, I think you've jumped the gun. If you've played Fallout, you know what a Perk is.

I've only followed Skyrim broadly but the edition of Perks could easily compensate for having 18 skills instead of 21. Until we get the full detail, I think you've jumped the gun. If you've played Fallout, you know what a Perk is.

No i am not playing shooters so no idea what a perk is

+50% damage to insects can not compensate for not having attributes or no mysticism school .

No i am not playing shooters so no idea what a perk is

+50% damage to insects can not compensate for not having attributes or no mysticism school .

Fallout 1 is a shooter?

Never played it , as i posted i dont know anything about perks .

You said you don't play shooters, as if perks came from that genre.

This means you have zero experience with that which you're complaining about.

Fallout 1 is a shooter?

It's sad when people think Modern Warfare was the first game with perks.

Modern Warfare has actually been used as an example that RPG elements find their way to shooters more and more. Because in traditional shooters there is no character progression (only story/stage progression or progression of the skill of the player).

And thus not the other way around, that RPGs use 'shooter' elements.

Apparently, now perks have been 'claimed' by the FPS world.

Oblivion already had "Mastery perks" in 2006. For everytime your skill passed the 25th, 50th, 75th or 100th level you automatically received a perk. There were about 100 perks like these in Oblivion.

100 of the 200 perks in Skyrim might be those from Oblivion. Perks in Skyrim are like feats or special abilities in other RPGs. And in some cases perks will diversify the streamlined skillset (Now 18, were 21 in Oblivion and 27 skills in Morrowind). For example an Axe Perk that works in conjunction with the one-handed and two-handed skill.

Back
Top Bottom