Age of Decadence - Another June Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Iron Tower Studio posted another June update on the forums for Age of Decadence.

AoD June Update

Another month is gone. Fortunately, we've hit our goals and even though I barely remember June, I see a truckload of different files and find the progress on all fronts extremely pleasing.

The town and the castle look great and the questlines are well thought through and have a good number of options and an even greater amount of double-crossing and backstabbing. If you want to play an opportunist who is betraying out of habit now, you won’t be disappointed.

As you know each town has a theme and a certain main event. Teron is a frontier town, lawless and dangerous. Very Deadwood-like. The event is a military takeover attempt. Maadoran is more “civilized”, Byzantine and more sophisticated. The event is a power struggle. Ganezzar is a religious town. You saw some preachers here and there, saw Meru’s creed slowly spreading, and now you’ll see where it all comes from and why. The event is the siege.

If you’re playing as an Imperial Guard, you’ll participate in the events that trigger the siege. All the other characters will arrive to Ganezzar (to the Aurelian camp outside the walls) when the siege is already in progress. While your faction may have certain preconceived notions about which side you should be on, you won’t have to do what you’re told.

Anyway, we’re very excited about it and it feels great to see the town becoming more and more "real" and all the questlines falling into place and forming a coherent story, which changes based on the angle you’re looking at it from. We still have a month of work ahead of us before we can star testing the 'base', but it’s definitely going well.
More information.

I still read the updates, but I stopped reading the dialogue in the screen shots a few months back. Too many spoilers!

This game needs to be released soon or it will start reminding me of a game that is being worked on in Australia. jk :)

It's funny, I have barely played the demo of this game, yet every update excites me no end! It just feels like a real, "kill you in your sleep" hardcore RPG. Sure, there are text-adventure elements, but who doesn't have some Zork in their background?

This game needs to be released soon or it will start reminding me of a game that is being worked on in Australia. jk :)

Sounds like "weakness" is creeping in. ;)

I am refering to your quote (<===Mr Super obvious says)

Back
Top Bottom