Dragon Age: Inquisition - Interview with Jonathan Perry @ Xbox360

aries100

SasqWatch
Xbox360achievements has talked to Jonathan Perry, Cinematic Director for DA.
Here's a quote about Fade Tears:

With these Fade tears popping up throughout the world, will closing them operate like they did in previous the Dragon Age games in which you have to actually enter the Fade and maybe close them from within?

I can't comment too much on that, because it touches on a little bit of the story. But one of the goals as The Inquisitor is to go and try to close these tears and seal them off, so there aren't all these demons spewing out into the world. The huge Fade tear in the sky and the Fade tears in the world, they certainly play a big part in the narrative of Dragon Age: Inquisition.
A quote about the destructible environments, you can rebuild things as well:

One of the things that we didn't really talk about during the gameplay demo, was the opposite of destroying things: building things. There will be abilities that allow you to [rebuild scenery]. If you find a place you can't quite get up to, and you can find a shattered steps or a ladder, you'll be able to reconstruct them and gain access to that area you couldn't otherwise get to before. It's us thinking strategically about how we want you to be able to modify the environment to your advantage.
A quote on how romance works in DA:Inquisiton:

Finally, how will romancing work in the game?

Is it the same kind of deal as previous BioWare games, or can anyone romance anyone? I wouldn't say that anyone can romance anyone, but there will certainly be characters who fancy a certain type of person more than another. We haven't really been able to comment on how many of your followers will be 'romance-able' or who will be 'romance-able', but we do have a whole lot of interesting combinations. Romance is a really important part of our storytelling, and we really want to give the player a lot of options there.
More information.

They really didn't just base the game around it now, did they?

YES!

I'm joking, DAI Fade portion require you to go physical in the Fade (this is what the dev hinted at). So no trippy segment, just weird place with your party to explore.

Closing the portals will probably be done by the Inquisition agents so no Fade trip there.

Is it just me...or does these Fade Portals/Tears seem similar to the portals in Oblivion? e.g. the oblivion portals you had to go into the close them? I'm a bit owrried that this game i.e. DA: Inq. will be 1/3 Skyrim/Oblivion, 1/3 Assasin's Creed and 1/3 Dragon Age....

but we shall see...

Tsk, I didn't mention anything on romances in the interview I did with him ;)

@aries100: Forget about the portal, the first screenshot with guy in helm reminded me of Oblivion.... Aahh.... Bioware... how you have fallen... now this is going to be copy of some other game.

@JDR13: Obviously not. Do you know how many people out there will moan and b*tch if they don't include romance?? Some people play Bioware game just for that.

Back
Top Bottom