• Total voters

Twotricks

Sentinel
Hi guys.

I am developing old school RPG dungeon crawler / roguelike game

Think Eye Of Beholder / Dungeon Hack.

And I am on the edge between if it should be single character or party of 4

I need your opinion / preference !

I'm developing such a game, so STOP IT IMMEDIATELY :)

I'm going for a cerebral 1-person tactical combat system - by the way.

Dont worry :p

There is place for 2 good RPGs :)

And anyway , you decided for 1 person ?

Ok. I also started making it that way. But I started playing Dark Spire on DS lately , and got me thinking that people maybe prefer 4 heroes group.

Dont worry :p

There is place for 2 good RPGs :)

And anyway , you decided for 1 person ?

Ok. I also started making it that way. But I started playing Dark Spire on DS lately , and got me thinking that people maybe prefer 4 heroes group.

Yeah, I considered a party-based system for a while - but I ultimately prefer focusing on one character.

Most of my emphasis has been on developing a deep and intricate character development system, and in that way - I felt it best to keep it as personal as possible.

I want players to focus on a single character - and I've decided to go for a very advanced turn-based combat system, with things like being able to interrupt attacks and counter-attack, as well as develop a "flow" of moves that work together.

Such things won't work well with a multiple-character system - so I'm going to stick to just a single character.

It's really about what kind of experience you're going for, obviously :)

I am going for emulating original D&D pen to greatest possible extend . Trying to recreate that old feeling to the max

We are even using Original D&D rules to the letter (well actually Dark Dungeons - opensorce OD&D clone)

I am going for emulating original D&D pen to greatest possible extend . Trying to recreate that old feeling to the max

We are even using Original D&D rules to the letter (well actually Dark Dungeons - opensorce OD&D clone)

Sounds very interesting.

I'll be checking on your progress :)

How far along are you with it?

hey twotricks, have you been helping prosper from rpgcodex? hes quite a talented and totally funnay

It is a big problem these days that everyone wants to develop their own games, but very few get anywhere. If people could team up with their efforts that would go a long way.

Of course it is hard to share a common vision... but everyone could probably compromise a bit.

It is a big problem these days that everyone wants to develop their own games, but very few get anywhere. If people could team up with their efforts that would go a long way.

Of course it is hard to share a common vision… but everyone could probably compromise a bit.

You're all quite welcome to work on my project under my vision and supervision :)

But somehow, I doubt it would be satisfying.

Since I can't even offer up money as a certified reward, I've kinda given up that sort of project entirely. I'm not willing to compromise on any of the important stuff anyway.

I might pay some artists to create animated 3D models for me, as that's the only kind of art I'm not sure I can do at the level of quality I'd be happy with - but the rest I'll have to do myself.

Too much ego, I suppose :)

Depends on the combat type. You can add quite a bit of variety and tactics by having more members, especially balanced around different classes. On the other hand, it's probably easier to stick with a single hero, at least if it's hack'n slash type of combat (lots of clicking).

You're all quite welcome to work on my project under my vision and supervision :)

But somehow, I doubt it would be satisfying.

Since I can't even offer up money as a certified reward, I've kinda given up that sort of project entirely. I'm not willing to compromise on any of the important stuff anyway.

I might pay some artists to create animated 3D models for me, as that's the only kind of art I'm not sure I can do at the level of quality I'd be happy with - but the rest I'll have to do myself.

Too much ego, I suppose :)

Yes. Its a big problem

Getting more people working on same project for free.

And anyway. We are making smaller indy games. You dont need much people.

That being said

I am looking for a skilled writer :) (i mean story writer , i am not good with english)

So if you love D&D and you want to take part , contact me

I should start making a game and put you all in your place! Haha ;)

Nah, I don't have the discipline necessary to keep that up for more than two months. I did want to try my hand at writing again... but I never got further than 7 pages. ;)

I should start making a game and put you all in your place! Haha ;)

Nah, I don't have the discipline necessary to keep that up for more than two months. I did want to try my hand at writing again… but I never got further than 7 pages. ;)

All I need is someone who is skilled in fantasy writing , has good English.

Most of things i need is just room descriptions, monster descriptions, short dialogues.

But you need to have good imagination and creativity ( like skill to imagine great boss names :p )

All I need is someone who is skilled in fantasy writing , has good English.

Most of things i need is just room descriptions, monster descriptions, short dialogues.

But you need to have good imagination and creativity ( like skill to imagine great boss names :p )

I would need to learn more about your project first, of course, but I could probably do this for you.

Because I think you should maximize the chance to actually finish the project I suggest you make it 1 character and only 1 dungeon. Make everything modular, so that it can be recycled.

When this is finished analyze the result and do what you consider best.

Because I think you should maximize the chance to actually finish the project I suggest you make it 1 character and only 1 dungeon. Make everything modular, so that it can be recycled.

When this is finished analyze the result and do what you consider best.

I agree with this. I created a small 3D game... a small village, a temple and a single character. Some stats were added but that's about as far as I got. I realized my artistic skills left a lot to be desired. I'm curious in what language most of you are coding in? Is it first-person, isometric...etc?

Back
Top Bottom