Divinity II: DKS - DRM Removal Patch Possible?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Lar writes they have started initial discussions about possibly removing the DRM from Dragon Knight Saga:
As it happens, the discussion on this was started today. We need to get a green light from our publishers for this, but from the first sounds they're not against it. If they give us the go, it'll take us some time to prepare it, but eventually it should lead to a no-DRM patch being released. We'll keep you posted.
Thanks, Alrik.
More information.

I am always glad to see DRM being removed. In my opinion, if DRM must be used, it should only be to prevent the game from being released before the street date and for the first week or two of sales. It's usually cracked within days, so at that point you are only punishing your paying customers.

Remove DRM a year after sale for every game and I will never complain about DRM again.

This is good news! I bought Divine Divinity 2 during the Steam sales on a gamble that the DRM would be removed soon.

Even Ubisoft style DRM?

The Gold Version of the latest Settlers game has still this DRM built in.
And this is about ... a year ? after its initial release (as a normal game, that is).

I guess I've never bought an Ubsoft game. What exactly is so bad about their DRM?

Internet connection required for SP gaming. 100% of the playing time.

Not all games use it to the full extend. They decide this case by case.

I won't buy a game with such a DRM. No exceptions, no matter how cheap.

Meh, I always use cracks for every game I own, cause I hate having to get out the DVD whenever I want to play. And I greatly loathe any kind of DRM anyway…

Meh, I always use cracks for every game I own, cause I hate having to get out the DVD whenever I want to play. And I greatly loathe any kind of DRM anyway…

Yeah, that's why DRM complaints are mostly like shouting at someone for driving slow when there's a lane for easy passing. DRM can never stop you from playing unless you have some weird moral issue with playing games you paid for.

I'm okay with DRM - when it is completely removed at the end of a game/product's life-cycle.

Unfortunately there doesn't exist any definitive list on the internet about game versions with DRM removed.

This would be a great thing, imho, such a collection.
Gamers could very well choose which game vrsion to buy, then.

Example Drakensang 1 : The only DRM-free version I know of came with a German gaming magazine.

What's worse is the fact that even buget versions of games don't always have DRM removed (example : Zanzarah, thanks to THQ who owns the rights, but is not willing to put a single cent into that).

Drakensang didn't have DRM. They used only a disk based CP.

At least the German retail Divinity 2 too. The DRM parts of the SecuROM CP were not used.

Back
Top Bottom