Divinity II: FoV - German Version Finished

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
In a new status update Swen "Lar" Vincke states that the German version is done (if nothing pops up). In this update he mentions the reason why the German version is released first (again!!).
I can hear our non-German fans sigh - why once again the German version first ?

The sigh is warranted as we didn't expect it to turn out that way, and actually hoped that we were going to have a simultaneous release, but unfortunately it turned out that way, though I have to say in the same breath that there are some fortunate bits in there too. The reason for a split release is pretty simple - different distributors in different territories were signed at different dates and have different marketing approaches and probably also different target audiences. I know we haven't announced yet who'll be doing the publishing and distribution of the other language versions, but that'll change pretty soon. We actually just signed the deals last week, so PR/Marketing need some time to warm up.
In addition he gives some background information about Divine Divinity and that even though they tried to delay the game as it had too many issues, it did not help. An interesting read.
Thanks Alrik for the information.
More information.

Time to learn German...

Hmm, actually I'll just wait for the international release. :(

(Tongue firmly in cheek)

Don't worry ortucis, look how quickly River of Time got translated to English…..The European market is quite skilled, or not. We can play Venetica while we wait, or not.

Last edited:
I think this is in times where games generally are published for the English-speaking market first, quite a sight.

In an Star Wars collecting forum an U.S. ( ! ) citizen wrote that :

It's the "fast food mentality" that many Americans have; "we" want it fast, cheap, and hate having to wait in line for it.

That basically describes us all too well, Alrik.

Back
Top Bottom