DA2 Dragon Age 2 Play thread

Dragon Age 2
Well Fenris ain't better, see him been a traitor under my eyes and see him tell the mad women I was lying about a mage not really dead. Ouch he will pay that the high price. :)

Well Fenris ain't better, see him been a traitor under my eyes and see him tell the mad women I was lying about a mage not really dead. Ouch he will pay that the high price. :)

Yeah, he sold me out there too... and then he SPOILER turned on me at the end of the game, which made the final battle a bit tougher. I like that kind of thing though, Justice turning on me for sparing the Architect was the best part of Awakening.

Fenris never betrayed me...

(I wasn't romancing him, but friendship was at 100%).

Fenris never betrayed me…

(I wasn't romancing him, but friendship was at 100%).

I took back an old save and it's been a pure pleasure to betray him:

I gave him to his master, lol. And at this occasion I discovered an awful bug, a loop on the event and could give him again and again to his master, getting each time the xp and gold. Lol I even enjoyed the bug. :p
But well after get rid of him and having no choice but Aveline I wanted keep for a replay, I restart again from my last save with Fenris back. :(

Now I am with the game it turned to be a bit similar to DAO, I end not liking almost all of companions. I finally understood Fenris isn't really mysterious but just hateful, paradoxically he even made me appreciate more Zevran that I never appreciate that much. Isabella well is Isabella I haven't tried her fully but I doubt she will be a satisfying companion. Carver well is Carver and anyway you can't use him for long. Anders forced me help him blindly without to explain anything, anyway he is too mad for my taste with his justice. I haven't tried Sebastian but I doubt I'll appreciate him. I felt disappointed by the Merrill final quest and overall by Merrill. So this let only Varric but all in all his personality is too neutral or subtle so it ends not be really attaching. And also Aveline I experiment a bit but not that much I hope she won't disappoint me as a full time companion.

And overall once more like in DAO, for me it shows Bioware don't know build attaching companions.

Am i missing something with crafting. It just cost me 37 silver and some odd bronze to craft an elfroot potion. Then i went to the herbalist and he was charging 36 silver 52 bronze for one. Whats the point in crafting? am I doing it right?

Am i missing something with crafting. It just cost me 37 silver and some odd bronze to craft an elfroot potion. Then i went to the herbalist and he was charging 36 silver 52 bronze for one. Whats the point in crafting? am I doing it right?

The stores have a limited supply. If you want a lot of elfroot potions, which you will if you play on hard or nightmare, then you will need to craft them. It's not really crafting though, it costs no resources, you just find the resources and can then "order" as many potions as you want.

Streamlining!

So crafting is no more than buying potions online and having them sent to my house, after I find all the components and tell them where they are so they can sell them back to me. BUMMER

So crafting is no more than buying potions online and having them sent to my house, after I find all the components and tell them where they are so they can sell them back to me. BUMMER

Yeah. And they teleport them to you instantly, using Mass Effect technology hidden in the chantry basement.

Yeah. And they teleport them to you instantly, using Mass Effect technology hidden in the chantry basement.

The Mass Effect relays...of course! That also explains how the waves of enemies magically appear out of thin air!

The Mass Effect relays…of course! That also explains how the waves of enemies magically appear out of thin air!

I would actually strangely admire the balls it would take for Bioware to link those series somehow.

I would actually strangely admire the balls it would take for Bioware to link those series somehow.

They might as well…I would love to see Hawke and Shepard stroll into town, hit on some alien chicks, make a few "dark and gritty" friends, and kick some ass with the combined power of their awesome buttons. And co-op! One player could be Hawke, and a friend could be Shepard! ;) On second thought, I should have never said that…EA might think that would make for a great expansion.

Sorry for all the questions but it there a way to see the stats of your kills like in dao? such as how may each has party member has killed and such.

When you move from an area to another you teleport. Ie you constantly teleport, some talent are teleporting, some enemy teleports. :)

Myself I enjoyed the new resources collecting, it gives xp reward, it's a limited task and not a constant repetition (the truth is in DAO you end buy those you really want use in mass). And in DAO you had already to pay even with the resources found.

Sorry for all the questions but it there a way to see the stats of your kills like in dao? such as how may each has party member has killed and such.
I wasn't sure there was those stats in DAO, it seems it's out in DA2 and that's not cool at all.

And overall once more like in DAO, for me it shows Bioware don't know build attaching companions.

I actually like DA2 companions more than the DAO ones. Show that people don't like the same thing.

Oh like the old "pause for ten seconds and whip up a batch of 6 healing potions while out in the middle of the wilderness or deep underground" was so superior in a role play sense. In DA1 you could buy basically unlimited amounts of Elfroot from a vendor and 50 empty vials and have your own inta-potion production line anywhere you wanted. Just slam 'em down during combat, you can make plenty more down here in the Deep Roads!

All video games have reality-breaking conventions in them (they are games after all… consider the unlimited inventory in those "hardcore RPG" Gothic games). Does every game with swords in it need to include virtual flower-picking just to stay pure as an RPG? Sheesh.

Disclaimer before I get jumped on - DA2 is only an OK game so far in my opinion, but the amount of silly criticism it gets far eclipses the genuine criticism it deserves.

Last edited:
I actually like DA2 companions more than the DAO ones. Show that people don't like the same thing.

So far, I agree with you. I liked Leliana for example, but the manner in which their stories were revealed was terrible. You could go to camp and basically interrogate every one of them, and they'd just spill their guts and expound on and on about themselves. DA1 characters were good, and the writing was great, but the presentation was awful.

Oh like the old "pause for ten seconds and whip up a batch of 6 healing potions while out in the middle of the wilderness or deep underground" was so superior in a role play sense.
Of course it was - what you were able to craft was determined by your characters´ skills.

Oh like the old "pause for ten seconds and whip up a batch of 6 healing potions while out in the middle of the wilderness or deep underground" was so superior in a role play sense. In DA1 you could buy basically unlimited amounts of Elfroot from a vendor and 50 empty vials and have your own inta-potion production line anywhere you wanted. Just slam 'em down during combat, you can make plenty more down here in the Deep Roads!

All video games have reality-breaking conventions in them (they are games after all… consider the unlimited inventory in those "hardcore RPG" Gothic games). Does every game with swords in it need to include virtual flower-picking just to stay pure as an RPG? Sheesh.

Disclaimer before I get jumped on - DA2 is only an OK game so far in my opinion, but the amount of silly criticism it gets far eclipses the genuine criticism it deserves.

I think that the reason why crafting is criticized is that it's yet another gameplay element that was already lacking in DA:O, and rather than expand on it or make it a better, improved part of the game, it was ridiculously "streamlined" to the point of irrelevance. It reminds me of the removed skills - they were mediocre and didn't have much effect on gameplay, causing non-combat skills to ultimately be more of an annoyance than a worthwhile part of DA:O. But Bioware's lazy solution was to simply gut the non-combat skills entirely, rather than come up with a solution to flesh them out and turn them into an improved aspect of the game. This is regression, and I think that criticizing these elements are perfectly valid and not silly at all because all of these minor flaws really begin add up over the course of the game. A lot of games - even great ones - have at least a few mediocre elements within them, so I see your point, but they make up for their shortcomings by having a lot of depth elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom