Dragon Age 2 - Item Pack 2 Released

How the mighty have fallen was my first thought. Individual item packs. Just lame. I know, I know ... we don't have to buy them. Still ... lame.

Wolf, please replace "don't have to" with "won't". ;)
And this isn't getting sadder Zerotown, this is disgusting.

I finished Legacy last night. Great DLC, imo. And the rumblings in the DA2 forum suggest that Bioware will make more story based dlc, which is lengthier and more meatier a la Legacy. And that there will not be as many story dlcs released as there for DA:O - because Bioware want higher quality in their dlc.

On a sidenote, I know we don't do MMOs, but Bioware and EA apparantly decided to limit the digital and retail sales of SW:TOR - to ensure that the first comers got a great experience. This was their aim, not to sell as many copies as possible, as one EA person told the press. I'll see if I can dig up a link or two.

Still boggled by the idea people actually buy this stuff.

I finished Legacy last night. Great DLC, imo. And the rumblings in the DA2 forum suggest that Bioware will make more story based dlc, which is lengthier and more meatier a la Legacy.
The problem here is not a story based DLC. What we're getting is paying for itempack DLC. Y'know… Items you can probably make for free by yourself with a hexeditor (except graphics unless you're into that stuff too). But if you'd do that you would be called - a cheater. And your itempack, if you'd choose to distribute it freely, would be publically called a cheatpack. Right? But since it's now made by Bioware and it's not free, that's not cheating nor cheatpack, it's DLC.
yukk.

I finished Legacy last night. Great DLC, imo. And the rumblings in the DA2 forum suggest that Bioware will make more story based dlc, which is lengthier and more meatier a la Legacy. And that there will not be as many story dlcs released as there for DA:O - because Bioware want higher quality in their dlc.

On a sidenote, I know we don't do MMOs, but Bioware and EA apparantly decided to limit the digital and retail sales of SW:TOR - to ensure that the first comers got a great experience. This was their aim, not to sell as many copies as possible, as one EA person told the press. I'll see if I can dig up a link or two.

128977704323210964.jpg

As for the 'item packs' these are the absolute laziest DLCs they can do and something the community itself would create for free in abundance if they released modding tools.

And people buying said items still isn't near as amazing as it would be if an EA person said they wanted to limit sails to give the buyers a greater experience. And meant it.

I choose to side with the cat, it sounds...well....suspicious.

Nonsense both. Item pack is crap, so is ea's claim about limiting sales. There are tons of links and forum discussions about ea's announcement. There actual intent is PR marketing to create a false sense of limited supply to drive short term sales.

Besides the obvious reasons, how hard is it to buy/rent another 5 servers to have on standby in case servers get overloaded? Not hard at all, as a matter of fact most companies offer a 30 day refund if the servers aren't needed. So ea wouldn't lose any money. The whole issue is allowing too many players onto a server and that won't matter if you sell a million copies or a thousand. It's the quality of the software, engine and networking you have designed.

Excactly my opinion. Now the question is, can we sue because of false advertising? No, never mind, they called Dragon Age the spiritual successor to Baldurs Gate and they call Mass Effect a RPG, so it's hardly possible to sue them for a little white lie like that.

Excactly my opinion. Now the question is, can we sue because of false advertising? No, never mind, they called Dragon Age the spiritual successor to Baldurs Gate and they call Mass Effect a RPG, so it's hardly possible to sue them for a little white lie like that.

Well Dragon Age Origins was the supposed spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate.

Dragon Age II I guess would be the spiritual successor to modern Final Fantasy games and Japanese dating simulations. :p

Silly me, I thought Facebook is used for that.
;)

Believe it or not, the dating simulation has actually been a genre of games in Japan since the 80s. Not many get released outside of Japan, though the recently released Catherine game for the PS3 & 360 is sort of in that vein.

128977704323210964.jpg

As for the 'item packs' these are the absolute laziest DLCs they can do and something the community itself would create for free in abundance if they released modding tools.
Off course they wouldn't release modding tools. Why would they do such a crazy thing? Who would pay for their worthless itempack DLCs while there were hundreds of GREAT, FREE mods out there? :D

Would you recommend it to those who liked DAO, thought DA2 was rubbish and abhor diablo-ish combat fests?
I have played that DLC. It's rubbish. This is a DA:O fan speaking, but if you want the opinion of mainstream media which thought DA2 was great, it's surprising that even they believe it's rubbish. Take a look at Metacritic or Gamerankings.com .
http://www.gamerankings.com/pc/636266-dragon-age-ii-legacy/index.html

Dragon Age II I guess would be the spiritual successor to modern Final Fantasy games and Japanese dating simulations.
I actually believe some Japanese dating sims have more depth than DA2. And I am quite serious, because they do.

Believe it or not, the dating simulation has actually been a genre of games in Japan since the 80s. Not many get released outside of Japan, though the recently released Catherine game for the PS3 & 360 is sort of in that vein.

And many of those games will never get released outside Japan for obvious reasons... I was stationed in Japan while in the US Marines and was shocked at the type of games you could buy. Besides the dating games there were games about rape / rough sex, ect. What really shocked me more than anything else though, was that the Japanese had vending machines with packaged used "school girl" underwear...

I finished Legacy last night. Great DLC, imo.

You know, suspicious cat got me wondering...are you a Bioware plant of some kind? Do they pay you to have such glowing opinions? :D (just kidding)

But in all seriousness, this isn't the first time you've praised DA2 in a thread in the face of so much criticism. I remember you calling it once the best game they've ever made as well.
I'll say it again - I invite you to go to the impressions thread here and respond to the many arguments and issues that players have had with the game.

Back
Top Bottom