Show your desktop wallpaper

Remus

Antihero
While checking one of my image hosting site, found an old screenshot of my wallpaper on WinXP four years ago.

Capture10_resize.jpg

And below is my new wall on my Vista. Still keep my desktop clear of icons except several most used folders.

20084-1.jpg

For a long time, this was mine:
2398_800x600.jpg

Then I went back to an old favorite:

wallpaper2-1024x768.jpg

This time of year, I switch to the current version of this

Last edited:
Mine is the same as my avatar pic with a green (default) background. I've always loved the Icewind dale ones, and the NWN ones, but not so good for work, and the wife didn't care for them at home!

magerette - I had that Icewind dale wallpaper years ago but long lost from my wallpaper collection.

blatantninja - what's that thing in your avatar? I keep getting the image of WWII torpedo surging underwater when seeing your avatar.

This is mine at the moment :D
wallpaperbysabskifs9.jpg

well... it's much higher quality because it's 1024x768
wait a bit until it loads! it's high quality! :p

Last edited:
blatantninja - what's that thing in your avatar? I keep getting the image of WWII torpedo surging underwater when seeing your avatar.

Well that's strange! Anyone else?

It should be a smaller version of this:

Old-Come-and-Take-It.gif

Because I'm from Texas and that's the first flag of the Texas Revolution!

So that's a cannon and the Lone Star, right? I'm interpreting it as meaning "Come and Take Texas" (if you can), not "If you want my gun, come and take it."

Though I suppose it could mean either one. :)

The story behind the flag is essentially this:

In 1835 as tensions were coming to a head between the residents of Texas and the central Mexican government ruled by Santa Anna, the Mexican army was ordered to remove a canon that had been given to the settlers of Gonzales to protect them from Indian attacks.

When the settlers got word, they took a wedding dress, made it into a flag and added the likeness of the star and cannon with the phrase "come and take it" underneath.

There was a small battle, and the Mexicans withdrew back to San Antonio, without the canon. The flag was later carried by reinforcements sent to the Alamo. I've read that it resides at the Perkins Library at Duke, but I've also heard that the original was captured at the Alamo and taken back to Mexico as a trophy. Not sure which is true.

I've never grasped the point of wallpapers, when just about everyone spends most of their time with maximized windows that hide the wallpaper from the user.

Here's my desktop background, anyway...
bgsm0.png

I do use wallpapers in Linux though, as I often have multiple transparent terminals open.

I've never grasped the point of wallpapers, when just about everyone spends most of their time with maximized windows that hide the wallpaper from the user.

Here's my desktop background, anyway...
bgsm0.png

I do use wallpapers in Linux though, as I often have multiple transparent terminals open.
That's my setup too, at least on my old pc. On the new computer I use a 1900*1200 desktop from the witcher.

I also used the blue screen (no screen) before and all things on low but got tired of it...

The wallpaper I've been using for a couple months now.

It's a picture of Aya from the upcoming (when? when?!?) animated series called Illuminated. Guess where my avatar comes from. ;)

I'll play:

2518198115_5f58e4a225.jpg

I took this one near sunset on an isolated island called Bengtskär. I picked it because I think it's pretty without being distracting.

Here's another view:

2518182313_4bb8c394b4.jpg

@ work I generally have one Lara bg or another. One screen's lower than the other, even does it on the shot woah

Attachments

• sammys_work_desktop.jpg
    sammys_work_desktop.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 28
Back
Top Bottom