Arcanum (Blind) Playthrough!

Dernholm is south east of Shrouded Hills I believe, and should be available once you get to the overland map. I honestly don't know if doing the bridge quest is required or not, as I simply do it by default before leaving Shrouded Hills.

I probably have to cross that dang bridge. Bridge of death, indeed. I can't seem to win that fight.

EDIT: One point in persuasion, doing the dirty deed for the thieves, or molotov cocktails (ridiculously overpowered and cheap tech weapon) will get you past the bridge. I never beat the bridge goons in a fair fight.

On tech aptitude: AFAIK it does three things.

- The few tech items that increase stats (mechanized plate, the no-brainer charged rings and not that much else) have reduced effect if your aptitude is too low.

- It acts as magic resistance (which isnt useful given how rarely that comes into play)

- It lowers critical failure risk for more advanced tech equipment. Plenty of tech gear have a minimum aptitude requirement that you need to meet in order to avoid this.

The guns that are good enough to be competitive (hand cannon, elephant gun, tesla gun and droch's warbringer) all require a tech aptitude of 80-100.

I dont know whether the extra crit failures make any significant difference in practical gameplay, given that my techies tend to max out aptitude (utility skills such as pick lock and repair count as tech). I didnt have any issues giving the very best tech melee weapons to aptitude neutral NPCs.

Magical equipment and spells are more directly affected by aptitude, as the enchantment bonus and spell damage are scaled by your aptitude.

Back
Top Bottom