Two Worlds II - Previews @ TMG, LXP

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Here's a pair of Two Worlds II previews from PAX, spotted at Inside Two Worlds. First, The Married Gamers, who have a decent overview:
Player can spend skill points to create a character that can be a variety of different fighting styles. A character can be part melee and part mage to give him the best of both worlds in a fight. The player can also set up specific armor sets. The player can have one armor set that accentuates the mage’s powers and another for the melee. The player can then quickly switch between armor sets as needed. The inventory is set up as a wheel that is brought up by pressing down on one of the thumbsticks and navigating around the wheel. It is a quicker, simpler way to scroll through items in the player’s bag.
Combat is also streamlined allowing the player to string together offensive and defensive moves by pressing different buttons. The moves flow together and make combat look very smooth.
...and Lost Exp like exploding things:
Now onto the part a lot of you might have been thinking about. The COMBAT! Thankfully I had the privilege of checking out two types of classes. The melee fighter, and a caster. The combos of the attacks were fluid, and looked really impressive. I’d love to go on and on about how much fun it was hacking and slashing zombie like creatures to pieces, but I was spoiled. I was shown a caster, the mage class, and my brain LITERALLY exploded. That’s right, exploded. Now allow me to explode your minds with the knowledge that was dropped on me. Apparently there’s a spell combination system with the spells in the game, and the possibilities that are being created are also being submitted into Guinness World Records as having the most spell combinations in a game to this date. That just seems impressive to me, and watching exactly how spells were mixed and matched was impressive all on its’ own.
More information.

Lots of spell mixing instead of just a few developer-selected combos? Interesting!

The second previewer said that the map and the quests are much simpler and he would never get lost again. Quest arrow/markers I assume? Hope not, I think part of the fun is exploring and finding things on your own.

Lots of spell mixing instead of just a few developer-selected combos? Interesting!
Interesting but dungerous. Usually being able to use too many spell combinations means lack of balance.

The second previewer said that the map and the quests are much simpler and he would never get lost again. Quest arrow/markers I assume? Hope not, I think part of the fun is exploring and finding things on your own.

I used to think so as well, but the limited free time in my life usually only gives me 30 minutes every few days to play. If I had more time, I would love to immerse myself and explore a new world… sometimes being a father sucks :p

Interesting but dungerous. Usually being able to use too many spell combinations means lack of balance.

To me that sounds really fun actually. I love when a game gives me freedom enough to find extremely powerful combos and even possibly make the game a cakewalk. I am a powergamer at heart. BG2 and its expansion had some things like that and I loved it.

The first game had quest markers (red=kill quest, green=no kill quest, white=known quest givers with active quest) and quests givers had a different "icon" when you highlighted them so you didn't need to talk to everybody. The only time where there was no markers, is when the quest giver didn't know where to send you (like the missing son quest).

And I'm not sure how you can get lost in Two Worlds 1, there's a map with lots of details.

These quest markers in Two Worlds I were only tiny dots, though. No question marks, no exclamation marks.

These quest markers in Two Worlds I were only tiny dots, though. No question marks, no exclamation marks.

They did the job without being intrusive, not sure how the Lost EXP previewer ever got lost in the first game, though.

Unless, the map system worked differently on the Xbox?

I don't know. I only know the PC version.

Back
Top Bottom