RPGWatch - Game of the Year 2013 Voting

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
After a long delay and some discussion on our forums we now offer you the option to vote in our Game of the Year Awards for 2013.

With respect to last year there are a few things that have changed:

1. Voting is restricted to registered users only.
    This means you need to have an account on our forums and have to be logged in to be able to cast your votes.
    This does mean that we end up with less votes and regular visitors without an account will not be able to vote, but it also means that we will not get loads of votes from fans of a game that have no binding with RPGWatch, skewing the results.
  2. There are no different categories anymore for indie games and non-indie games.
  3. You can now vote for the best 3 games in the two remaining categories: Best RPG of 2013 and Most Anticipated for 2014.
As usual our list of games is for the large part based on the contents of our database. The lists might be incomplete or contain games you think should not be in there. Feel free to discuss that in our forums and in the meantime you can either add that game you feel is missing (by means of the 'other' option) or don't vote for the game you think should not be on that list.

The voting will last until Sunday the 16th of February, 23:59 hours (or any moment after that when I find the time to close it....)

More information.

Voted. Wasn't hard on the best three since I already knew which three I want to say I loved so much that their sequel would be an instabuy.

The looking forward part was kind of funny - can't be excited about Blackguards and M&M10 since I've already bought and finished both. ;)

We had worse years to vote on and look forward to. The indies and KS projects lead the way...

I won't vote because I simply didn't buy many RPGs last year.

The contrast between 2013 and 2014 is staggering. I couldn't even find three games for 2013 I wanted to vote for there, so I ended up with BG2: EE, which is basically just an upgrade of an already amazing game.

On the other hand, picking the top games of 2014 is hard. I ended up voting for Eternity.

Voting for both was hard with 2013 being hard to pick 3 games I played and liked and with 2014 there are way more then 3 I'm anticipating. If Age of Decadence was in the list then 2014 would have been even harder.

PS. I know I could write it in but by it not being there it was easier to choose but if I wasn't limited to 3 I would have picked many more.

I won't vote because I simply didn't buy many RPGs last year.

Vote randomly for 2013 then, the year was so poor with RPGs that no choice you make can help it.
What matters is three games you want the most in 2014 and we need also your vote on that!

Boo! I wanted to vote on NBA 2k13, Battlefield 4 and Crysis 3

The 2014 vote is just so hard. I have already finished M&MX but I voted it 3rd. Witcher 3 and Wasteland 2 were my top upcoming games. 2013 was really bad and it is just better forgotten :)

I have already donated to more then 3 games on the 2014 list so it was very hard to only pick 3. On the other hand I did not play 3 games on the 2013 list.

2013 list was so weird; so many kinda-sorta subgenre games. I ended up voting for Enemy Within, Path of Exile, & Bioshock Infinite... such different games.

Wew, I didn't play any of the games in the list for this year that must be like a first time ever.

However I played one of the most anticipated quite a lot blackguards…..

Threw in my 2 cents. Didn't played any game of 2013.
There are 2 games in 2014 I really am looking forward to.
The witcher 3. I hope it can live up to the reputation, but those guys haven't failed me yet.
Divinity: original sin: I am already playing the alpha. 1st time I ever did this :p

AoD not coming in 2014 now?

Also, be sure to vote for Other: The Wizard's Grave and its upcoming sequel for 2014.

had to throw that in there...

This year, I bought three RPGs (including 2 Kickstarters) and only played two of them (still waiting for SR:R to include a proper save function), which made the voting process quite trivial.

I was pleasantly surprised by Expeditions: Conquistador and was quite impressed by what they managed to achieve with so little resources so that one got my Nr.1 vote.

Back
Top Bottom