Risen 3: Titan Lords - Available for Pre-order

rotfl.gif

Ovenall, ignore my previous post!

I'm in doubt yet if I will pre-order Risen 3 or not, especially with Wasteland 2 being released in August too (and Pillars of Eternity beta too...)

Preorder includes Fog Island and Goblins/Gnomes content probably planned to be cut out and sold later as DLC.

Anyone knows if this is the full deal? No more DLC apart from these "day1" scam(TM)EA? If it's full game that won't give birth to more "islands" after the release, I'll preorder it.
Well, Risen 2 DLCs were all day one (one was exclusive to the german CE for a time, but later was released for separate purchase) then I guess Risen 3 had good chances of having all in day one too.

Well, Risen 2 DLCs were all day one (one was exclusive to the german CE for a time, but later was released for separate purchase) then I guess Risen 3 had good chances of having all in day one too.

Not for the rest of the world - the DLCs were on disk (if you bought the retail version) which were accessible through a hack, and later removed by PB through the 'fast' patch (which also added dodging in combat).

So DLC already made by release date, and removed from game to be sold separately! Talk about hating DLCs.

Interesting, I actually liked Risen 2 more than Risen 1. Let's see how Risen 3 is… not preordering though, I have enough games in my backlog that by the time I get to play Risen 3, it's probably down to like $15 Steam sale :)
I think most gothic fans do not share your sentiment. I've read quite a few dissapointed reviews. They're supposed to get back to their old setting with this one. Still, I'll wait for reviews.

I'll probably be a sucker and buy this on the first day of release, like I did with Risen 2, just because it's Piranha Bytes, makers of my beloved Gothic.

I'm still disappointed that they didn't do another Gothic, although the first Risen is one of my favorites of all time. Risen 2 was really disappointing.

I don't preorder games in general, and certainly not after the disappoinment that was Risen 2. I'd buy it after release, if the reviews were good but with day 1 DLC I prefer to wait till it hits bargain bin in a complete edition. It's not like I lack things to do.

Well, Risen 2 DLCs were all day one (one was exclusive to the german CE for a time, but later was released for separate purchase)
Air Temple DLC was not available day one on Steam. It was released later, after I've finished the game - TWICE.
While I did preorder R2 and got other two DLC instantly, this third one I refused to buy later and replay the game for the third time - because of whomever's cretinous decision, devs didn't bother to make a standalone thing or after boss is killed stuff.

I did however rebuy Risen2 recently on GOG with all three DLC in. Bought it not because of that bloody DLC. I just wanted DRMfree game.

If there is the same masterplan to release some DLC for R3 after people finish the game, and that DLC is not standalone or isn't you-don't-need-to-replay-the-game-to-see-it, I will not buy R3 at all. As I've posted on Deep Silver forum, I want a full game and am not paying for demo.

I think most gothic fans do not share your sentiment. I've read quite a few dissapointed reviews. They're supposed to get back to their old setting with this one. Still, I'll wait for reviews.
Well that's the thing, I'm not a Gothic fan at all.

Air Temple DLC was not available day one on Steam. It was released later, after I've finished the game - TWICE.
While I did preorder R2 and got other two DLC instantly, this third one I refused to buy later and replay the game for the third time - because of whomever's cretinous decision, devs didn't bother to make a standalone thing or after boss is killed stuff.

I did however rebuy Risen2 recently on GOG with all three DLC in. Bought it not because of that bloody DLC. I just wanted DRMfree game.

If there is the same masterplan to release some DLC for R3 after people finish the game, and that DLC is not standalone or isn't you-don't-need-to-replay-the-game-to-see-it, I will not buy R3 at all. As I've posted on Deep Silver forum, I want a full game and am not paying for demo.
Air Temple was the one which was exclusive to the german CE at release (technically was a day 1 DLC too, but only for those who bought that version)

Yea, well, they've made me angry.
Not just they though. The same story goes for DA3. If the whole content is not available on day 1, I'm not buying it. Standalones or expansions are good, I won't mind if those are released months or years after the release. But cut out ingame content that changes the game completely? No paying for that.

I preordered the Risen 2 CE and got the Air Temple DLC from the start so I'm not grumpy that I missed out but it needs to be said that it was indeed incredibly lame of Deep Silver to distribute DLC [that was finished on the release day of the game!] in the way that they did.
Besides, Elric was one of the very few memorable characters from Risen and the only way to meet him again in Risen 2 was via the Air Temple DLC --> Lame --> Lamer --> Lamest --> Deep Silver :D

It's par for the course and I'm used to it. I don't want to miss out on a great game because of crappy publisher standards.

Same exact way I feel about it. I'm not going to whine about the DLC stuff because I'm a diehard Gothic fan and buy anything PB puts out.

To be honest, Risen 2 wasn't that bad. I bought it when it was on sale last year during the Pirate sale for 7 bucks (with all the DLC included) and had a lot of fun with it. everyone said how horrible it was compared to the first game, but I didn't think it was.

You want bad? Play Arcania.

Got to get around to playing Risen 2 got a sad after reading reviews that worst than the reviews for the 1st game(by a decent margin).

I enjoyed both Risens, yet some issues with the way they stream lined some features in Risen 2. It had really cool elements, like if you chose the magic path you had very cool quest features like getting to control various character without anyone knowing. Still, would have loved more of the exploration of the early gothics (it had some climbing/secrets but not enough IMO). Dialogue-wise though, it was great, both Risens were really good as far as the writing went.

I'll be pre-ordering this simply because I love Gothic like games. I liked Risen 1 more than 2 due to the setting being closer to the original Gothic games but I thought the pirate and native factions of 2 were interesting.

Back
Top Bottom