Help me pick my next game.... i`m really undecided...

Lannister

Watchdog
Hey People,

Due to my lack of time in recent months i`ve aquired a huge backlog of RPG and non-RPG games..... every evening i am pondering on what to play next and i was thinking of getting your opinion...

The games which i lean to the most are:

Divinity OS - However I fear that there will be another DLC/patch and I wil have to start overe again afterwards

Wasteland 2 - The same as above.....

Skyrim - Have just touched the surface of if.....

Game of thrones RPG

Risen 3

Bound by flame

Sherlock Holmes - Crimes and Punishments

Demonicon

Shadowrun Returns -. Dragonfall

Xcom Enemy Unknown - Enemy within

Plaing Dragon age 3 as soon as it comes out - HOwever i fear that it will be playable /stable after 2-3 patches....

So what is you opinion. ?

Thanks in advance,
L.

Go for X-com or dragonfall as they are ready to play right now. Demonicon and the GoT game as mediocre at best. Wait for the D:OS megapatch and W2 can only get better after a few more patches.

Most are great games, but if you can't provide any details about what you're in the mood for - my advice is pretty useless.

I'd agree with Maylander that Skyrim is a wonderful choice - but you could also simply pick one at random.

Thanks for your replies......

Well the thing is, the game that i am very much waiting for is witcher 3 and this I want to enjoy to the fullest......... however as i am still working very hard and also have two small kids i don`t have that much time and especially energy to invest into a game... i would prefer something right now where I can have some time to relieve the tension in the evening..... to chill out... In the past i was very much into story and atmosphere as opposed to number crunching and stats....

Maybe that helps...

L.

I'd go with Dart and say Skyrim, then. I haven't gotten to try Risen 3 but that sounds like a good choice too.

Also, I don't know how you feel about mmo's, but Guild Wars 2 does a really good job of creating atmosphere and story while giving you a nice big open world to play in. It's also really casual and low-stress.

I have found league of legends a perfect game to play for an hour or so after work….

How do you do it, when I sit to play LoL I always end up playing it 3-4 hours:-/. That is why I don't have it installed, when I feel itch I download it and go crazy for one weekend and deleted it again after.

On topic:

D:OS always.And if mega-patch comes out replay it.:)

Let me give you a different angle:
You could try to reduce your backlog by playing one of these games for, say, 3-4 hours. After that decide if it's worth a serious time commitment.
All these games have their pluses but also some weaknesses. It's unlikely you'll enjoy them all.

Game of thrones RPG

Risen 3

Bound by flame

Sherlock Holmes - Crimes and Punishments

Demonicon

Shadowrun Returns -. Dragonfall

Hey People..

Thank you for your remarks.... really appreciate it...

@gorath: which one of your list would you recommend...?

L.

How do you do it, when I sit to play LoL I always end up playing it 3-4 hours:-/. That is why I don't have it installed, when I feel itch I download it and go crazy for one weekend and deleted it again after.

No that happens quite often too :D

On topic:

D:OS always.And if mega-patch comes out replay it.:)

On topic, I'd actually recommend something finishing out a series, so if you've played Risen 1 and 2, then I'd say Risen 3, or something similar.

You've got enough great games to last a year. Are you sure you want to play DA3 as soon as it comes out? You know how EA is with its DLCs. Play Skyrim, then XCom, then D:OS, then Witcher 3 (which will probably be out *and* patched by that time), then Risen 3, then Wasteland... and then maybe toss in Elite: Dangerous... and by the time you're done with all that you should be able to get the complete DA3.

That's good advice - I always try to leave RPGs for as long as I can, to wait for the patches and extra content to brew. I'm also leaving Elite for a long while - I want to play it first on the Oculus Rift, with all the planet landing and FPS modules that are coming down the pipe.

Hey People..

Thank you for your remarks…. really appreciate it…

@gorath: which one of your list would you recommend…?

L.

I don't know enough about these games to recommend one. Just go with your gut feeling. If you can't decide, just do it true RPG style: roll a dice.

Then set yourself a time limit, and if that game doesn't give you enough reason to play on, uninstall it immediately and install the next one.

Well, Skyrim is great if you want something that'll take forever to finish. It is good for short evenings though as you can typically clear a few dungeons in an evenings play. The problem is that you can play for a couple hundred evenings :)

Otherwise, I'd give a vote to D:OS. It is fairly stable now and is only about 60 hours long.

I'd pick any of those games except Skyrim, it is in my opinion by far the worst game on the list.

Back
Top Bottom