PoE Pillars of Eternity preload

Pillars of Eternity
The keys came too late last night. I will pre-load later today.

Either-or.

I decided to go with Steam as updating with GOG is tedious. Can't await GOG Galaxy…

Where's our PoE subforum btw? :)

I will not bother with preload.
I'm in the middle of another game and there is no way to stop it now, Eternity won't escape.

Okay, okay... Only if Hidden ditches SeasonPass:The Game and switches to Eternity instead, I'll quit this uPlay abomination I'm currently enjoying. :evilgrin:

I always go GOG. DRM free, and updates when I decide to apply them.

Steam is convenient but peremptory, and I avoid it whenever possible.

Yeah I have no issues with Steam but where there is a choice it is always GOG for me as they deserve the support considering they actually value gamers. I would actually have a bigger issue with Steam's pricing ($ = € and so on) than their DRM.

Same, given a choice of going with both GoG or Steam, GoG will win for me. I respect the everloving hell out of their philosophy, it's really just that simple. I like them both, but I love GoG. I'd take her home to mum.

I usually always go with GOG when I have the choice but I fear the lack of automatic patching with an Obsidian game.

I still always go GOG, too, even though with D:OS, I'd no sooner download/install a patch than there'd be a new one. I'd get it, then there'd be another one. It felt like every day, and it was SOOO tedious. And the way they had it laid out was confusing.

But still GOG if I have the choice. Steam is convenient but it left a bad taste in my mouth in my early days with Fallout:New Vegas, telling me I couldn't play during an internet outage because I had to connect...in order to play offline. (??)

First impressions really are everything. I've never really trusted Steam since.

Yes. At the first hint of DRM shenanigans, I crack the game and have done with it. I also keep cracks for all the games I buy, just in case.

I have a simple rule for my computer - I tell it what software it will run today, not vice versa.

Steam is convenient but it left a bad taste in my mouth in my early days with Fallout:New Vegas, telling me I couldn't play during an internet outage because I had to connect…in order to play offline. (??)

First impressions really are everything. I've never really trusted Steam since.

I only play offline w/Steam as I do not have internet at home and it has been flawless for me fyi. Granted I just got my Steam account last year.

I well remember the days when playing offline with Steam was an iffy prospect at best, and most likely is the main reason why I still, and always, will prefer GoG. I think Steam has most if not all of those issues ironed out by now, but I never forget things like that.

I only play offline w/Steam as I do not have internet at home and it has been flawless for me fyi. Granted I just got my Steam account last year.

How does that work? 99% Steam games have to be downloaded to be installed.

And I have a hit and miss experience with offline Steam.

I've heard they made changes to it. My problems were all in 2011...but after logging on, I always make sure to go back to offline mode before I shut down my system, out of habit. I'm still worried about getting locked out if I don't do it.

I always go GOG. DRM free, and updates when I decide to apply.
Problem is that patches come to GOG much later. At least that's my experience with D:OS and WL2. That was really annoying.

And I think Steam has the option to disable auto updates as well.

Bit of course you're right about the DRM...

As I've said I can't await GOG Galaxy.

http://www.gry-online.pl/S018.asp?ID=1150

10-15 h for main quest, 50-60h for side quests
4 chapters
half open world with obstacles such as level of a river or road blockade
no play after finishing the main quest
5,6 game ends, about 10 falloutlike slides for states for of the a world
main quest is quite linear
only few quest are fetch quests
exploring single map takes 20-30 minutes, and walking from side to side 1 minute
i tought i saw some devs saying main quest is at least 25-30h?

Back
Top Bottom