The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Reports that Jeets in Grotto is broken

And, it seems that instead of breaking handwraps this update, they found something new to break: Apparently Jeets in the Grotto is broken. So might want to delay any TR's till this is either debunked or fixed. Link below.

Jeets gets stuck in the Grotto

Tonight?

And, the plan for tonight is?

Looks as if hurricane Joaquin is going to swing away from us, so unless something changes dramatically, I should be there tonight.

I think we're shaping up to be full attendance this week if the Old Man has a connection. If that's the case, I believe the Friday toons are headed to the VON raid (ick) and then Ataraxia. After that, I think we take toon lvl13.

Not sure when I will arrive...don't wait up...

I should be there this week, but definitely not next week. However, Reywind has gone out for the day and won't be there this week.

Getting in ahead of Savage Dragon's question...

I don't know.

The Old Man is out and I'm probably short-timing, so we're not on the 12s. If a few want to help RhoGu wrap up the Vale flags (he needs Ritual and Running), maybe we put in a guild Shroud run? It would be a shame for the Old Man to miss a Shroud run, but I suppose he'll pull thru. RhoGu made lvl19 yesterday but hasn't taken it, so the quests and raid would be more about greensteel mats than anything else, meaning people could bring whatever toons they wanted to the raid without worrying about XP penalties and such.

The client is getting stuck on loading pre-req files. Devs know....no solution...just keep trying is all you can do....

I'm out this Friday

I forgot to mention last Friday that I will be away this weekend and will not be available for this Friday's run.

Major changes coming

Major changes to just about every class. Hardest hit are the new/updated classes, but also affects the armor. Armor will no longer give any MRR, only PRR, and the amount of PRR is being reduced. Details in following thread:

The Balance Change post

For reference, I'm posting the change list here.

Code:

Holy Sword (Paladin)
This is now a spell that affects the paladin and buffs whatever melee weapon is being wielded in the main hand.
It no longer persists on your weapon but instead buffs the melee weapon you are holding in your main hand. (Yes, this buffs your two handed weapons.)
It no longer affects missile weapons.
It no longer can be used to buff off hand weapons or shields.
If you change weapons the spell will drop off the unequipped weapon and instead be applied to the newly equipped weapon.

Blood Strength (Barbarian Ravager)
The portion of this enhancement that heals the user when they kill an opponent now has a 1 second internal cooldown.

Critical Rage (Barbarian Ravager)
The bonus to critical threat range is now a competence bonus.

Two weapon fighting animations have been fixed so there is no longer a weird jump on the fourth animation. This has made the fourth attack slightly quicker.

Two Weapon Fighting no longer grants melee power.
Improved Two Weapon Fighting no longer grants melee power.
Greater Two Weapon Fighting no longer grants melee power.

Doubleshot values over 100% now have a chance of producing a third attack. The chance is equal to the amount the value exceeds 100. A doubleshot value of 130, for example, would always produce one extra shot and have a 30% chance to produce a third shot.

(Doublestrike will still cap at 100 for technical reasons.)

Repeating Crossbows and Doubleshot
Fixed a bug where Doubleshot was not being reduced for repeating crossbows. (Doubleshot chance is divided by 3 for repeating crossbows.)

Manyshot
This ability is being redesigned.
For the next 20 seconds you add your (base attack bonus * 4) to your Doubleshot and Ranged Power. This ability puts Ten Thousand Stars on a 30 second cooldown. Cooldown 2 minutes.
(This ability no longer gives a doubleshot penalty when activated.)

Ten Thousand Stars
This ability is being redesigned.
For the next 30 seconds you add your Wisdom ability score to your Ranged Power and you add your monk level * 5 to your Doubleshot. This ability puts Manyshot on a 30 second cooldown. Cooldown 1 minute.
(This ability no longer gives a doubleshot penalty when activated.)

Mechanical Reloader (Rogue Mechanic)
The alacrity for non-repeating crossbows is now 30%. (Was 40%)

Pulverizer (Legendary Dreadnought)
The bonus to critical threat range for bludgeoning weapons is now an Insight bonus.

Improved Critical
These feats now add a bonus to critical threat range based purely on weapon type.
* Adds +3 to critical threat range for falchion, kukri, rapier, and scimitar.
* Adds +2 to the critical threat range of bastard sword, dagger, great crossbow, greatsword, heavy crossbow, khopesh, light crossbow, long sword, repeating heavy crossbow, repeating light crossbow, short sword, and throwing dagger.
* Adds +1 to all other weapons.

Keen
This loot effect now add a bonus to critical threat range based purely on weapon type.
* Adds +3 to critical threat range for falchion, kukri, rapier, and scimitar.
* Adds +2 to the critical threat range of bastard sword, dagger, great crossbow, greatsword, heavy crossbow, khopesh, light crossbow, long sword, repeating heavy crossbow, repeating light crossbow, short sword, and throwing dagger.
* Adds +1 to all other weapons.

Armor Changes
The amount of Physical Resist Rating that armor provides has been changed.
* Heavy armor now increases Physical Resist Rating by (base attack bonus * 2) and no longer adds Magical Resist Rating.
* Medium armor now increases Physical Resist Rating by (base attack bonus * 1.5) and no longer adds Magical Resist Rating.
* Light Armor now increases Physical Resist Rating by (base attack bonus * 1) and no longer adds Magical Resist Rating.
Fixed a bug where players were getting Physical Resist Rating for armor with which they were not proficient.

(Note: The Physical Resist Rating and Magical Resist Rating offered by shields remain unchanged.)

As a result of dialing back armor, some fighter only feats that will boost their effectiveness with armor and add to tactical DCs will also be included.

Tactical Training
Requires Fighter Level 4
You gain +2 to the DC of all tactical feats.

Tactical Combatant
Requires Fighter Level 8
You gain +4 to the DC of all tactical feats.

Tactical Mastery
Requires Fighter Level 12
You gain +6 to the DC of all tactical feats.

Tactical Supremacy
Requires Fighter Level 16
You gain +8 to the DC of all tactical feats.

Notes: All tactical feats stack for a total of +20. The lower level feats are not prerequisites for the higher level feats so a higher level fighter could save a feat if he/she wanted to skip Tactical Training and forego the +2 but still have access to Tatical Supremacy.

Heavy Armor Training
Requires Fighter Level 2
You gain +3 Physical Resistance Rating and Magical Resistance Rating while wearing heavy armor.

Heavy Armor Combatant
Requires Fighter Level 6
You gain +6 Physical Resistance Rating and Magical Resistance Rating while wearing heavy armor.

Heavy Armor Master
Requires Fighter Level 10
You gain +9 Physical Resistance Rating and Magical Resistance Rating while wearing heavy armor.

Heavy Armor Champion
Requires Fighter Level 14
You gain +12 Physical Resistance Rating and Magical Resistance Rating while wearing heavy armor.

Notes: All Heavy Armor feats stack for a total of +30. The lower level feats are not prerequisites for the higher level feats so a higher level fighter could save a feat if he/she wanted to skip Heavy Armor Training and forego the +3 and still have access to Heavy Armor Champion.

Divine Grace (Paladin)
Divine Grace now provides a maximum bonus equal to 2 + (Paladin level x 3).

Eldritch Blast and other enhancements (Warlock)
The spellpower scaling for Eldritch Blast and several enhancements has been reduced.

Spellpower scaling of Warlock Abilities
Ability 	Old 	New
Eldritch Blast 	150% 	130%
Eldritch Blast Cone 	130% 	130%
Eldritch Blast Chain 	110% 	95%
Eldritch Blast Aura 	150% 	130%
Stricken (Souleater) 	150% 	125%
Consume (Souleater) 	150% 	125%
Eldritch Burst (Enlightened Spirit) 	120% 	100%
Spirit Blast (Enlightened Spirit) 	120% 	100%

I wonder what prompted that. It's not like power-creep is a new phenomenon in the game--they've been feeding it for years. Kinda makes me wonder if they're weakening characters in general so special loot has more value. If the only way to get decent armor is to endlessly farm a raid for the Truly Special Plate Mail of Awsum, that gives the power game whiners a cookie and perhaps gives people a reason to keep playing for another month. Or maybe the rationale is tied into Epic Greensteel somehow.

I think the changes look interesting. Not sure whether it will fix the exploit builds or not. Exploiters are great at finding new ways.

Fighters now finally get some new feats usable on epic. So maybe some people would prefer being fighters again for the extra feats to compensate for the lost PRR introduced with the nerf.

It's hard to tell how the changes will end up. Only one way to find out, i. e. try them out.

There will always be an outcry when nerfs are introduced. Especially nerfs to so many areas at the same time. However, I think the player base will easily adapt. I think some tweaking will take place after these changes go live.

I think what Turbine now address are things I've seen for myself.

1. Warlocks being a bit overpowered. Whether this nerf will fix that remains to be seen. They have to be careful about nerfing them too much. Not all warlocks have all the raid gear they want and too much nerfing and you gimp some builds.

2. PRR / MRR build became too good compared to evasion builds. The changes will help dealing with that.

3. TWF being better than THF. I've not seen that big of a chance for my paladins, but I think my TWF paladin is still good enough to do decent dps after the nerf. One main benefit with TWF is that you get weapon bonuses from 2 weapons instead of just 1. Some bonuses affect the character and not just the weapon. So TWF has been the way to go for maxing out melee dps (well after using the ranged exploiter builds).

4. Missile weapon exploits taken care of

I hope Turbine will also adjust the monsters accordingly and maybe give them slightly less hp's. They boosted the hp's because of the overpowered dps of some builds.

These changes won't help the most gimped classes like cleric and favored soul. They still need something to become useful at epic levels. Some proposed that clerics could get aura buffs boosting PRR, melee power etc. That would help wanted clerics into the group. Divine casters still struggle with their spells doing damage for heroic levels and not epic. So you just drain your mana if you cast your offensive spells on mobs. This is particularly bad at quests close to level 28 where mobs have 100k + hp's. So your mana is mainly used for buffs and healing. Healing is less important since most classes have self healing capabilities.

I would also like to see ways to boost wizards and sorcerers so they could perform like a warlock (after the latest nerf). E. g. wizard DC's need to be looked at so wizards can hope to land their spells on epic too.

I think the biggest balances issues are located within the epic destinies. Look at some of those abilities and adjust them instead. The proposed changes affect all levels, even heroic.

Anyway, I think we will still be playing DDO after these changes. We will complain for a bit and then move on and soon we will have forgot about how the balance was before. :)

Surprisingly, the nerfs seem actually well thought out and not heavy handed. Only real issue, IMO, is that the removal of MRR from heavy armor returns them to the same old state as before the Armor Up: worthless against spell damage. The whole reason MRR was added was to balance heavy armor against evasion.

Warlock is not necessarily OP because of their DPS. The OPness comes from having infinite, high DPS at range, enabling them to circle-strafe and obliterate groups without risking contact. On mine, of she gets hit a couple of times, it's over (Displacement helps, but still...)

This will have no effect on traditional casters (not Warlock). All traditional casters suffer in DPS right now, because enemy hp numbers are so inflated, and spell damage doesn't keep up relative to the cost. This Mirys primarily is a CC/Healer now. Useful thanks to Earthquake, but Clerics and Favored Souls have no equivalent. DC casters still suffer as well, due to mob saves being so high, they have an immense grind to reach tolerable levels, and even then, need to hit debuffs to reliably land their spells. This results in either playstyle for casters being mana-intensive, and at epic levels, con-opp and torc aren't as useful due to incoming damage.

However, their pass is coming eventually. This seems primarily along the lines of the melees and those already having been through their pass.

It's unfortunate to see considerations for epic screwing with heroic, though. Seems to me like they've created two games out of one with epic TR's. That's fine and dandy, but if the problems are centered around epic then change the epic game and quit jerking around with my heroic mechanics.

We're down at least one tonight, with our upsidedown contingent questionable. I'll be short-timing again this week. I wouldn't mind continuing to work on RhoGu, but running him for XP doesn't work with Peter. I also wouldn't mind another guild Shroud run or three, but that kinda hinges on the Old Man since I won't drag him into that. I guess we'll just play it by ear.

I wish it to be officially recorded that I ran Phuury thru SDK a couple days ago. By choice, even. The second quest still sucks. Oh yes, it sucketh most profoundly.

I ran Ijii through that. I agree; STK2 sucks.

The thing is that the game is broken across all levels right now. So it's not just epics. Those are a particular problem for sp-based casters though.

We will likely have to split, so running Rhogu won't be an issue.

I will be there and I believe Reywind will be as well; if he wakes up in time!! :)

A few days ago I was on their "Adventure Packs" page of the web site http://www.ddo.com/en/game/adventure-packs ... it hasn't been updated in AGES.

Does there exist any relieble list of what adventure packs are now there ? Apart from the DDO Wiki ?

Can someone of you please send to Turbine the plea to update that page ?
Or would it be better if I do that ?

I kind of long for old DDO times with micromanagement again ...

Back
Top Bottom