Balrum - Release Date: December 14

This looks so much like eschalon that I wonder if they borrowed heavily...

On a side note I wish the regular complainers would stop bringing up their favorite whipping boy fallout in ever damn thread here....you would think pirating the game would be enough for them to let it go...but man...

This looks so much like eschalon that I wonder if they borrowed heavily…

On a side note I wish the regular complainers would stop bringing up their favorite whipping boy fallout in ever damn thread here….you would think pirating the game would be enough for them to let it go…but man…

I think he likes Fallout better than Sword Coast Legends. :)

This looks so much like eschalon that I wonder if they borrowed heavily…

They might have took some inspiration from Eschalon (color palette, isometric view, general artistic sense, 1 action TB combat), but once you start to play you see the differences. I would say that the artwork is more realistic in Balrum (less cartoon, things seems to have better proportions). The map has a lot more details and is more open too.

And you can mine rocks, basically pick up any plants and you get a dog companion...

It lost me at "build your own home" and "care for your livestock".

Not the sort of things I like to do in games so this ones probably not for me.

Yeah...same to me...not a big fan of this kind of timesink.

Question is how much time you'll actually spend on it.

devs answered on steam : Hello there! Those features are completely optional. Thanks for your question!

Fallout 4 and Skyrim has all your innovations :) Sorry that was trolling on my part.

Lol… Would be good if games took the graphics and feel of Fallout 4 / Skyrim and added some innovative game play like this game potentially offers!

It does feel like Eschalon... not a bad thing in some ways, but I also am tired of retro graphics, and I am not a big graphics person. (Prefer Gameplay to graphics, but geez there is only so far you can go, and the gap is so big)

Hrm, imho the graphics of Balrum are great. Also with the lighting it as a modern touch.

You should take a look at Avernum or Knights of the Chalice. ^^

Hrm, imho the graphics of Balrum are great. Also with the lighting it as a modern touch.
Yeah. Balrum's graphics aren't "retro" in the slightest. They actually look really good for the indie budget level that's involved.

Retro = stuff like Serpent in the Staglands…maybe Knights of the Chalice. I would call Avernum (and maybe KotC) just "poor graphics", rather than "retro". "Retro" generally implies that it was done intentionally, as a stylistic choice.

balrum is not retro.
its just NOT 3D!

i think some commenters here just should NOT klick on every news post and post their "do not leik!" opinions.

Says the guy with "I don't like Bioware games" as his signature. :biggrin:

Balrum

Balrum looked cool many many months ago when I missed early access. And it still looks very cool now. My guess is that I will have a pretty good time playing it. I had a good time playing the last Eschalon game, the nearest thing I am able to compare it to.
The atmosphere, or ambiance, reminds me a little of Ultima: Pagan, which I'm a fan of.

Hello there everyone!
We have to delay the release date by two days. Sorry for the inconvenience but we need the extra time for further testing.

The new release date is 16 December, 2015.

Back
Top Bottom