Did World War 2 screw society up?

Damian

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor
In World War 2 women had to work because the men had to go to war. After the war, women continued to work and men started working again. The outcome?:

1. Higher housing prices because households had more money.
2. No more stay at home moms.
3. Children with special needs dont have mothers looking after them.
4. Mass murderers are on the rise.

We are powerless to stop this.

Solid theory ;)

Anyway, human nature is our problem - and our world society should have been built with that in mind, but it wasn't.

Capitalism combined with human nature is like adding fuel to the fire. Let's not be surprised by the world burning.

Solid theory ;)

Anyway, human nature is our problem - and our world society should have been built with that in mind, but it wasn't.

Capitalism combined with human nature is like adding fuel to the fire. Let's not be surprised by the world burning.

In other words GREED is the problem from all sides?

In other words GREED is the problem from all sides?

No, I would say ignorance of ignorance is the primary issue with human nature.

Greed doesn't have to be all that bad, it depends on how you respond to that drive.

Highly depends on the country.
Germany was still soo much backwards oriented in the 50s ... only the late 69s could breach this quite a bit. The 70s were the years of the scandals : Where what older people did during the Nazi time finally came to light ... And even nowadays similar discoveries are made ...
In Germany, post WWII, there were primarily the "Trümmerfrauen". Men were dead or captured, women were the only ones left, and one had to tidy the ruins of the towns ... Of course they were never really paid for their work as they should have been ... A German movie about this is "Ramadama", which is Bavarian dialect meaning "tidying we do", literally translated.

Short English-language article here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trümmerfrau
The German-language article is of course much, much longer ...

By the way, the English band called OMD did a single called "Dresden".
Which is related, because Allied Bombers turned Dresden, a town stacking full with Refugees, into a town consisting mostly of ruins.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Dresden_in_World_War_II
Bomber Harris is a name many people from Germany still know : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bomber_Harris

Society has been screwed up, in one way or another, since the dawn of history. Only the names, or titles have been altered!! :) Consider, Adam and Eve with only the 2 of them totally messed up and it's been downhill all the way since then!!

Adam and Eve?

Why are we bringing Bioshock into this? ;)

Hehe, I just realised that Adam and Eve in Bioshock is the perfect metaphor for what happened!

With the original sin things became interesting... IMHO.

Sorry but women went to the factories as early as WW1 instead ! As a side note I'd add that you seem to blame all the modern society problems on the women work or maybe I'm mistaken ?

No i blame the fact that there is an increase of mass murderers on women not being able to stay at home and look after problem children.

Have all mass murderers been problem children?

No i blame the fact that there is an increase of mass murderers on women not being able to stay at home and look after problem children.
Well, that's what I meant, you blame it on women not staying home to raise the children… Everything was so right in the past centuries when women didn't even dream about vote, feminism and such stupid things, docile and only bound to their rightful master. There's only one thing missing from your initial thread that would make it complete and that's a (random) reference to the Holy Bible…

Never mind. Sorry to seem ironic but I'm just fed up with such narrow-minded speeches.

Not all Myrthos but many. But what Damian writes in his last post is simply wrong. Many more problem children come from singe parent (usually the mother) families than from families with working mother.

Blaming the parents is like saying the children have no life of their own - and that they're not influenced in other ways.

So, not too insightful.

I think the Great Depression screwed society up more. And for completely different reasons, but I don't really have the energy to explain why at the moment, sorry :p

In World War 2 women had to work because the men had to go to war...
The only point I'm buying is point 3. Even that one could apply to men as much as women, though.

The only point I'm buying is point 3. Even that one could apply to men as much as women, though.

What about point 1? I could link you point 4.

Well, that's what I meant, you blame it on women not staying home to raise the children… Everything was so right in the past centuries when women didn't even dream about vote, feminism and such stupid things, docile and only bound to their rightful master. There's only one thing missing from your initial thread that would make it complete and that's a (random) reference to the Holy Bible…

Never mind. Sorry to seem ironic but I'm just fed up with such narrow-minded speeches.

That only happens more in western culture i think. Look in eastern cultures, women have always had the upper hand in marriages despite not working.

It's true that in general, households with only one parent (mother or father) are more likely to have problem kids. It's simple, a kid needs guidance, if both parents are out of sight for a long part of the day (and after a hard day work, it's easy to just 'let things go'). Now, if the mother earns more than the father, I don't see a problem with the father staying at home.

Back
Top Bottom