Tekrieg Blog - Fallout 4 Production Rumor

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well today I have another blog with news that Fallout 4 has been in production for a while. Now go read the blog and take it with a grain of salt also.

IGN made a post “Can Bethesda Make Fallout 4 the Best Game Of The Next Generation?” Fans of the game believe that they will, but there was one thing that did stand out above everything else.

“First things first, I know that Fallout 4 is currently in active development at Bethesda.”

Fans enjoyed hearing this of course but some asked if IGN knew something that no one else did. Of course we wouldn’t be surprised by this as they are close to some of the big names.

However we did hear some more news about Fallout 4.

This news came from one of the designers who had worked on Fallout 2 along with Fallout: New Vegas. The designer said:

“We actually were kicking around some ideas after New Vegas for cool locations for the next Fallout. One of our designers Nathanial Chapman mentioned it’d be really cool to do a Fallout New Orleans. Have an entire city that had like a dam structure and lots of factions and tensions fighting in that city. And then our lead programmer on New Vegas, Frank Kowalkowski, he really wanted to do a Fallout that is set in San Francisco,” Avellone said. “In terms of stuff on the East Coast, there was this really brief mention of this region called the Erie Stretch in the Fallout 3 DLC [The Pit]. And I am really curious to see if they’ll bring that region back in future Fallout instalments because it seemed like a really intriguing location to explore.”
More information.

Last edited:
“Can Bethesda Make Fallout 4 the Best Game Of The Next Generation?”
Short: NO.

You want "yes"? Ask can they make the buggiest game that'll never get fixed up completely of the next generation.

Short: NO.

You want "yes"? Ask can they make the buggiest game that'll never get fixed up completely of the next generation.
What a surprise Joxer hates Bethesda games. ;) Still your Bugrim comment is hilarious every time I read it cause it's true.

What a surprise Joxer hates Bethesda games. ;) Still your Bugrim comment is hilarious every time I read it cause it's true.

It's to bad it can't be as good as legends of dawn.

It's to bad it can't be as good as legends of dawn.
Not as bad as that abomination, and I had some hope that Legends of Dawn would of been good.;) Still at least with the all the bugs in Bethesda games they are among the best games I still play.

Hopefully FO4 won't be a bug-ridden mess. I mention this because it'll be stuck using Bethesda's antiquated Gamebryo/Creation engine, but also be getting tweaked for the next console generation. So, it'll likely be a balancing act built upon an already unstable engine.

Since they won't need to do as much to release it on the PS4 and XBox One (because they are the same architecture along with the PC) maybe they will be able to concentrate more on bug fixing.

What a surprise Joxer hates Bethesda games. ;)
No. Not games. And not hate. That would mean I hate developers who made the game and that's not the case, those ppl did what they were instructed to do and did it the best they could.

I despise Bethesda as a company that earned billions on a game and still didn't want to pay just a few bucks more for polishing it completely.

But look, they're not near as evil as some others.
One positive thing they did was not overspamming the market with numerous DLC and so called "season pass" (like Maxis/EA). Second positive thing was no showing the middle finger to fans and go phonegames (like Square Enix). Third positive thing was no free2scam crap (like BlueByte/Ubisoft).
At least not yet.

To sum it up, for all I care go with immortal enemies again, go with questgrinding (radiant crap) again, go with whatever else again, but at least remove bloody dancing corpses from the game. And then the answer to “Can Bethesda Make Fallout 4 the Best Game Of The Next Generation?” can be different from NO.

Last edited:
New Orleans, San Francisco, and Erie Stretch? I guess they don't want to mention the B word.

Well I guess joxer is getting heaps of wisdom from those cigarettes. Anyway, it's sad that Bethesda made a contractual obligation to pay Obsidian extra money if the game will be well received - it was a commercial success but scored only 84 on Metacritic and the requirement was to obtain 85 points...
And I'm sure that Fallout 4 will be buggy - if it will have that sophisticated quest system as New Vegas and factions and this and that. I still enjoy New Vegas although I swear sometimes when bugs appear or the game crashes...

Looking forward to it - but I expect it'll be at least a year until release.

Since OB all I really expect from Bethesda is to lay the groundwork for modders. Mods make Beth games among the best bang for the buck titles out there which is really the only reason I still support them. Without mods, I doubt I'd care to pick up another Beth game unless they change the way they make them (casual, buggy, unbalanced).

I despise Bethesda as a company that earned billions on a game and still didn't want to pay just a few bucks more for polishing it completely.

Like 100% of all other games ever made in history of mankind. Bet it must come as a real surprise to you that it wasnt 100% "completely polished". Fixing or polishing something always breaks something else, that's why there's never, ever a final version of any mod or any unofficial patch.

Each time Bethesda released a patch it meant immense problems for many mods.. Except for console users i bet most TES fans were really glad that they stopped patching it.

vurt, you buy a fruit cake. And the fruit in it is so delicious you can't believe it.
And everyone's thrilled, and newspapers say it's the cake of the year!

Imagine the joy of the ppl who discovered you can add some more cream and stuff on top of it to make it even better!

However, it was halfbaked and everything except the fruit inside was in fact yucky.
And some cretins dared to say it. Some dared even to spit not just on the cake but also on reviewers who made it COTY.

vurt, you buy a fruit cake. And the fruit in it is so delicious you can't believe it.

Imagine the joy of the ppl who discovered you can add some more cream and stuff on top of it to make it even better!

However, it was halfbaked and everything except the fruit inside was in fact yucky.
And some cretins dared to say it. Some dared even to spit not just on the cake but also on reviewers who made it COTY.

...and then you get diabetes, and you look back and ask-- why did God create cakes?

Maybe a lot of people liked it the way it was because it tasted really good together with X. The addition of Y ruined the whole thing and all those people had to go through the trouble of removing the extra cream and stuff because it didnt really work for them..

But games arent exactly cake, far more variables then just adding cream on top to make it better. If it really was that easy every game would have been perfect.

Back
Top Bottom